power up movie !!

Best answers
Thanks you guys.
Simply put, this looks awesome.
Props to the whole team, PCJoe especially.

Best answers
*almost died choking off his sandwitch* for the love of god another video??? I do agree people are getting way to bossy. people must remember they dont have to make this stuff they could say we going keep beta for our self because it is there right. So think about that before you demand stuff from them. Because they dont have to do anything. now back to the video. pcjoe that looks great. and the rest of the team your work is coming togather very well. It is like you guys are on the same page and when everyone is done the puzzle put togather come out pefect. Great job and i hope you guys know that we all look foward to seeing your hard work.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't expect 5 pages of this in less then a day, lol. I have to say thanks for all the comments, makes it worth while:) A powerup video over the water was suppose to be included in that, but there was some type of error(masta said the model wasn't showing). So i'll post like 3/4 pictures, its basically the same as the other one(in my powerup wip post), just that theres acouple new sprites and the new aura is there.

Best answers
mised my post
when will you have these pics I need to see what the "new" aura looks like

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
everyone waits for beta since a loonnngg time.. might aswell give em videos.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba!
Anyway, to dispel a few myths.

A) the beta is approximately 45 MB, slightly bigger than Alpha 2.0. This is likely to increase, but not by much, maybe another 10 MB. If the team make seperate DLs for the Maps, Music, and Mod it will be about 25 MB for the mod, 15 MB for the music, and 5 MB for the maps (these are real rough, and I'm not near my comp with the inteam). This is all just a rough guess, and could change easily, but the team is aware of the music dl problem for narrowband fans.

B) The new effects barely hurt gameplay, and the mod is even better on 56k than the alpha! It has been real playable, even with the dragon and 5 players at once. For the record, I have a 466MHz Celeron A, with 384MB RAM (PC100) & a 3dfx Voodoo3 PCI. A crap machine . . . and it runs the beta fine.
Thanx for clearing that up, i really thought taht the latest inteams would be about 60-70Mb, there aint been that big of a increase in size but there is so much more content we have seen.
And yea cuc that is a real crappy machine ;) :p :D

BrunO

Best answers
Sweet as sugar boys ;) keep up the good work
(sorry but how old are the guys in the team?

Anyway, to dispel a few myths.

A) the beta is approximately 45 MB, slightly bigger than Alpha 2.0. This is likely to increase, but not by much, maybe another 10 MB. If the team make seperate DLs for the Maps, Music, and Mod it will be about 25 MB for the mod, 15 MB for the music, and 5 MB for the maps (these are real rough, and I'm not near my comp with the inteam). This is all just a rough guess, and could change easily, but the team is aware of the music dl problem for narrowband fans.

B) The new effects barely hurt gameplay, and the mod is even better on 56k than the alpha! It has been real playable, even with the dragon and 5 players at once. For the record, I have a 466MHz Celeron A, with 384MB RAM (PC100) & a 3dfx Voodoo3 PCI. A crap machine . . . and it runs the beta fine.
THATS NOT a crappy machine!
mine: P2 392mhz 194ram (pci100) geforce 2 32mb mx
how about that crappy thing!?
what do you guys think about the fps on that one? (and yes i have 56k modem)

Originally posted by uslessresponse
I have to say, this is probably the best looking thing that I have seen on the half-life engine scince half-life came out!:shocked:
TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!

Best answers
Sorry for my late reaction but..... !O_O ! I almost wanted to shoot myself cuz its so beautiful, but then i reminded myself I have to wait for the new version to came out :p Its reeeally kewl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll trade my comp for yours anytime Cuc. ;D

I got a 233MhZ MMX pentium I with 256 MB DIMM RAM and a Voodoo3 2000 PCI. And I'm ready to switch. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I may have the best comp posted so far, 667mhz 512 pc133 ram, but my graphics card is a 4mb built in. O_O

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BrunO, Warning for dissing Ghettogear x, only I can do that :p (jk)

Gaz, I have a 16MB ram video card, your GeForce2 smacks mine around.

DC, Give mine back :cry:

Sierra :scared: o_o o_O :cry:

Best answers
Joe, Will the circle of dust grow larger as a players PL gets bigger?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Athlon XP 1900, 512 mb of DDR, geforce 2 ti. Now lets see VT/Greg come here and spank us all with their quad PIIII 1.5's with duel Geforce 4's:-/
As the characters power level goes up, the dust wont increase. There will be 3 set particle systems.
1) Regular
2) Transformation FX
3) SSJ/Transformed aura

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BrunO, Warning for dissing Ghettogear x, only I can do that :p (jk)

Gaz, I have a 16MB ram video card, your GeForce2 smacks mine around.

DC, Give mine back :cry:

Sierra :scared: o_o o_O :cry:
Hah, your comp destorys mine, Cucumba. I have a 300Mhz Intel Pentium II, Voodoo 3 3000 PCI (16 mb), 15 Gb hard drive, and 112 Mb of RAM. Doesn't matter to me, I can run 2.0 faster than a lot of ppl, probably because of my cable modem.... he he he....

Best answers
Well I got me a PentiumIII with 800mhz but I dont have as much ram as you guys, I only got 128mb ram and a 22 gig hd.

Sound Artist
Best answers
It works perfectly on my pc, 900 amd athlon, 384 mb sdram, geforce 2 64 mb ram. Also running esf in 1024 768 res.

Best answers
Yea, all the kool effects don't even put a dent into my rig. Of course, I'm only speaking on behalf of the few that got some, err, more powerful rigs then the ones displayed here ;) But even on my crappy machine (P3 800 EB, 768 SDRAM, GF2 MX 200) it doesn't slow it at all. On a TV display at that :)

Best answers
Originally posted by BrunO

Leyts hopes not, i realised alot of you post are have a sexual oritated undertone i find that damn funny!! :p :D

BrunO
Damn right I got sexual oritated undertone. Especially for the ESF staff, I send them stalkerish letters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow!... im so tingly! eeeh he he!

ohh i have a question.. i was wondering if there would be lightning around the character like if they go super saiyan.. that'd b sweet! i remember seeing that in the mod once.. the particle system mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom