Power Level?!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey guys. It just come in my mind to me a nice suggestion. In ESF 1.2.x when you get killed, your PL is growing or decreasing. So i have a suggestion for ESF:F, when a Saiyan is get killed, after that his powerlevel is higher, but when other person is killed "Like Buu, Krillin" the powerlevel is decreases. So waht do you think? ;D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys. It just come in my mind to me a nice suggestion. In ESF 1.2.x when you get killed, your PL is growing or decreasing. So i have a suggestion for ESF:F, when a Saiyan is get killed, after that his powerlevel is higher, but when other person is killed "Like Buu, Krillin" the powerlevel is decreases. So waht do you think? ;D
Sorry for saying this but

That has got to be the stupidest idea i have heard in years.
1.) You dont know the game mechanics enough to even know why the PL changes on death
2.) By having your suggestion in the game you throw out any balance out of the window by seriously overpowering the saiyans and nerfing the rest who might i add are already at a disadvantage cause most of them are perma transform types.

Now to bring you up to speed. Your PL changes because the option "Bring players PL closer to the server average" is enabled. Meaning its an auto balance feature. If your PL is above the server average, then you loose some after death. If its below server average then you gain PL on death.

We have already changed the system a bit in the open beta to allow a third option besides on or off, and thats gain PL only. So you only gain PL if you are below the server average, but if you are above it, you dont loose nor gain any PL after death.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
.....terrible, terrible, terrible idea.... that would make this game WAYYYY off balanced, and everyone would be goku, vegeta, trunks, and gohan.... unacceptable :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You must not hear that many ideas per year.
We hear quite a few. And if they are worthy of being implemented (as in they are well thought out with actual knowledge of the game mechanics behind them), believe it or not we have discussions about them in the dev team meetings.

Stuff like this thats "Do this because thats how it was in DBZ" on the other hand is ignored straight off the bat.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was just being sarcastic, I thought calling the dudes idea stupid was a bit harsh.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just being sarcastic, I thought calling the dudes idea stupid was a bit harsh.
Look at it from my perspective.

He made a suggestion while partially complaining about something that can be turned off while making the server and was stated to have been changed and how it was changed a gazillion times already during the open beta releases.

If you want to make a suggestion and want to be treated seriously, then you at least have to know how the system you are suggesting to change works. Especially from someone whos been round playing the game for over a year now.

Best answers
Guys. Can't we just balance the game more like this?:
*Let's make this count for everyone. So whenever you are killed by someone stronger then you, you will be able to get for example 10% powerlevel increase after you respawn AND whenever you are killed by someone weaker, then you will get nothing. (If your attacked by 2 persons, then it should be calculated like... strong guy reduced his 80% health, weaker guy then you reduced his 20% health, which will increase his power.)
*Basically, the newjoiners to the server will have big disadvantage against stronger guys. So can't we just fix them for example 2 senzu beans to give them chances to recover. BUT if they get stronger or dies to many times, it will not given to them any longer. (The senzu bean passing to friends should be disabled)
*And once they die over 9000 times, they should passed on to king kai and be trained to become stronger and rejoin the server... (this one is a stupid joke :D)

I bet there will be negative post's or just ignored...

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just set PL catch up CVAR and you'll get a powerlevel close to all server players' average.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea and the new version (Open Beta has this already to) has the possibility to just add to the PL and not subtract from the stronger players.

So yea. Your idea is way to complex ^^;

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
What I real hate in esf123 gameplay, is when you respawn after death and your KI is decresed (about -200K). Yea, very good gameplay. Sucks.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That only happens if your killed by a weaker player

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its still annoying to lose power on death. its one of the things i felt annoyed about when i was still playing.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I real hate in esf123 gameplay, is when you respawn after death and your KI is decresed (about -200K). Yea, very good gameplay. Sucks.
I see you totally failed to read my post s o ill quote me >.>

Yea and the new version (Open Beta has this already to) has the possibility to just add to the PL and not subtract from the stronger players.

So yea. Your idea is way to complex ^^;
The reason why you loose PL is because your PL is over the server average. If it was under the server average you would have gained it.

This function is totally optional and you can disable it while making the server or with a console command. Its purpose is to keep all the players within a small PL range gap from each other, so that you dont have people who one shot you with melee, while you barely hurt them. So yes it is good for gameplay.

But again. So why dont you get more acquainted with the games mechanics instead of whining.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I think a high power level is for pussies. It's way more fun to beat the living crap out of some overpowered noob, crushing him with pure skill.

Best answers
Grega,
So what you are saying is this:
Let's say that there are 5 people in one server. Which the strongest one is 4.9M, second 91k and the other three 3k. (I'm taking easy numbers here)
Which combined makes it 5M, the average of that is 5/5 = 1M.
When the new player joins this server, he or she will earn power level when they die IF they stay below that average power level?
Well sounds fair enough, he or she just needs to learn play the game then...

Avenger, what if your crushed by a overpowered pure skilled one? Will that count him as a d*ck?
Besides the way you describe it, you just really don't like high power levels.
Do you disconnect from the server and connect back if you are too overpowered (to reset your power level)?
Guess not. To stop this overpowered madness is not possible... but also not impossible. Read on.

Then how about this:
To make it really balanced, then just make an option where you can just setup a static power level.
Which allows the power level to stay the same no matter what (dieng, killing, wishing, begging, even transformations, ... will not affect it).
Because for people that are skilled or not, it will be informative and challenging of how the game works.

Don't begin with, this will ruin the game or the whole dbz universe, it should be optional. Not as a core gameplay.
Look at Street fighter 2, all of the characters has the same amount health with limited technique damage.
But the real key to win this game is to understand what to do,
instead of just randomly bashing buttons and win the game (like tekken... which allows unskilled player to defeat skilled player with unknown button smashing with a specific character like "eddie" or "christine")
And this should be the same, which should not be in the hand of overpowered players or randomly spamming bomberman.

I'm not saying that you should make this game as a 2d dbz fighter game, just add an option that will allow you to setup a server with static power level on or off. This way the noobs will not be able to accuse you that you are too overpowered and won him OR the situation reversed.
This will also make it very good for clan competitions or someting... where you need to rely on your players instead powers...

Takes a while to read, but now... you should understand what I really mean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger, what if your crushed by a overpowered pure skilled one? Will that count him as a d*ck?
Besides the way you describe it, you just really don't like high power levels.
Do you disconnect from the server and connect back if you are too overpowered (to reset your power level)?
Guess not. To stop this overpowered madness is not possible... but also not impossible. Read on.
I've never been "crushed" by an overpowered 'pure skilled one'. I generally keep them occupied. The problem is beam spamming.

I really don't like power levels at all. I think ESF would be a better game without them. But that's just me.

I have on many occasions reconnected to get rid of my power level, yeah.

And I agree. There should be an option to set a static power level. Not 'any' power level, but to set everyone's power level to say ... 500 000, 1 000 000, or 3 000 000. Just as an example. I don't know the current PL requirements for transformations etcetera.

Transformations could also be optional. It wouldn't be too hard to include a cvar that let you do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom