[Old PotW] POTW June 23rd 2013

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, although Aurum usually complains about ESFF not being released for quite a long time, I don't remember him ever actually insulting anyone or anything. Yet certain people outright insult him.
I haven't been around long enough to judge Aurum; he's banned half the time. ANd the other half he's somewhere else. Plus let's not just factor out his profile pic and his sig... it does send a signal that he could easily avoid.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't been around long enough to judge Aurum; he's banned half the time. ANd the other half he's somewhere else. Plus let's not just factor out his profile pic and his sig... it does send a signal that he could easily avoid.
I'm certainly not defending Aurum, I'm pointing out that he doesn't break the forum rules any more than the people who bash him.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He has, I think it's been deleted or moved away

RT does raise a good point, I should be harder on you guys again

*Edit* I didn't see the last 2 above me, Stupid page change.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I'd give a shit. I haven't waited as long as I have for a sub-par product.

Perfection or nothing at ll.
Elitism at it's finest. Riot maker. Moon-stricken animal need. Bad Seed. UNTAMABLE BEAST!

Also: Destruction is awesome sauce. Don't set this game up too high guys.. the rest of us might never be able to reach it.

EDIT::

Since I'm here.. Aurum's cool, just cant wait is all. Yes CAN'T wait.. so he has to voice that bit of tension eating up at him from the inside cause everyone knows that this is going to be 'THE' (Not the THEE) quintessential DBZ experience to date.
My brother goes off about it all the time. Told him about the forcepit and awesome sauce team that's making this machine roll. We both weren't around for the Open Beta, and I still think giving it another go wouldn't hurt. I mean with the amount of energy that people still put into this old project.. do any of you honestly think that some(if not most) of it could be directed towards pushing it along?

I had a dream once! Where little fan boys, and little fan girls could swoop across the river's of prosperity- FREE from the thirst of this wanting exception! But lo- and behold a whole decade later what do I find but a bunch of teasing, over-hyping, persistent development!!!

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just so you and everyone else knows, the Force Pit is a cesspool devoid of happiness, laughter and purpose.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
No need to be disappointed, it's not like you would get voted into the section anyways.
Lol, you're probably right, actually. I'll just stay here for 40 years - never actually getting into the FP. I'll stay a lowly Arcade Champion till the end of days.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Nice first post on the forums.
Well, he's not entirely wrong.

ESFF will be a great mod that's for sure, and I like the fact that you guys will even try to add some PhysX effects.
I'm just not sure what you're trying to accomplish by spending so much time on this mod, focusing mainly on making
the graphics look awesome (great job btw) instead of adding many other gameplay features that could make the mod much much better.

I'm just speaking for what I've seen so far; ESFF has almost the same features as the other previous versions, with a few things like Bonus added.

I'm not sure of how long will you guys continue programming for this mod, could be years (1, 3, 5...10), but I'm sure that the progress (graphics-wise) you guys have
made in the past years since you announced ESFF could have been done much faster simply by moving to another Engine.

I don't want you think I'm demanding or something like that, I'm just giving my opinion on the mod that I think is really awesome.
I've been following it quietly since always, but I just think progress could have been achieved much faster.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn... i don't have a think to say about your comment.

Proud owner of Half-Life
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY DISTRUCTABLE OBJECTS!!! man i love you guys!!!!"

Yah,me too, yay:D.
Adica for terrania/planet?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Nope.. nu-uh! Impossible. Everyone I've ever spoken to in the forcpit.. however critical they can be.. seem to be pretty chipper, and say some random funny quips from time to time.

By decree of the god Deverz: Now that collapsable towers are in I'm sure this whole game is going to crash the moment someone tries to blow up something. 1cpu cant take it! IT JUST CANT!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Nope.. nu-uh! Impossible. Everyone I've ever spoken to in the forcpit.. however critical they can be.. seem to be pretty chipper, and say some random funny quips from time to time.

By decree of the god Deverz: Now that collapsable towers are in I'm sure this whole game is going to crash the moment someone tries to blow up something. 1cpu cant take it! IT JUST CANT!
Nebulis, is that from the Force Pit? (Whispering) I thought you weren't allowed to do that!

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Well yea, the less CPU processing than better, and the one CPU is the biggest problem here. I wish half life engine supported at least dual CPU

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, he's not entirely wrong.

ESFF will be a great mod that's for sure, and I like the fact that you guys will even try to add some PhysX effects.
I'm just not sure what you're trying to accomplish by spending so much time on this mod, focusing mainly on making
the graphics look awesome (great job btw) instead of adding many other gameplay features that could make the mod much much better.

I'm just speaking for what I've seen so far; ESFF has almost the same features as the other previous versions, with a few things like Bonus added.

I'm not sure of how long will you guys continue programming for this mod, could be years (1, 3, 5...10), but I'm sure that the progress (graphics-wise) you guys have
made in the past years since you announced ESFF could have been done much faster simply by moving to another Engine.

I don't want you think I'm demanding or something like that, I'm just giving my opinion on the mod that I think is really awesome.
I've been following it quietly since always, but I just think progress could have been achieved much faster.
Not everything relies on the coders, every person on the team plays a part in completing the overall gameplay of the game. For all we know, the majority of the gameplay could already be done and the art just needs to be worked on. Things such as a lack of animations or a specific graphic could be holding the coders back on completing a gameplay feature. People also work on multiple things at once. I'm sure there are situations where if a gameplay feature is close to finish, Raven (or the other coders) will start working on another feature while finalizing what they were working on before. Or, another scenario which brings me back to my first point, they move on to another feature of the game to work on while waiting for a certain model or animation to be finished so the specific feature can be completed.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Will i be able to play this ESF:Final with a 8gb ram, GeForce GTX 660 4gb memory, 3.10-3.30GHz(4cpu)'s? Just wondering lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom