[Old PotW] POTW - 9/19/10

🌠 Staff
Best answers
as i said teeth are specular mapping issues as most of the characters don't have specular maps at the moment. SV and I are just focusing on getting the models done, not extra details, hence the specular issues ingame.

Sicron: Hud changes are something these people are doing on their own accord, while i agree hud is pretty decent still and doesn't need to be changed, certain individuals feel they wanted to try something else. In this case, Dalte was bored and didn't want to work on other FX stuff, so he tried messing around with a Hud. Personally I don't like his design myself, so I don't use it, but he enjoys how his hud came out and Layne likes it too, /shrug, not everyone is going to like everything we've done. Evolution X doesn't like my buu saga vegeta for example, but were using it anyway. As the saying goes, "Can't please everyone".

Also its only natural to get overly defensive on our work, we spend much free time working on this stuff and enjoy the end results and then people pick it apart, makes us feel like we did something wrong. Even though we get defensive on it, doesn't mean we don't take into consideration what you guys say. After posting renders of models for you guys to look at, sure i defend my model, but that doesn't mean I haven't gone back and looked over the model 3000 times to consider if what you all said is valid. /shrug, oh well.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God its only a HUD dont like it make your own for me its fantastic (Off topic to the team ignore these pesamistic Sods)

Best answers
well I like the hud it gives a futuristic look..

like the model and the map
don't like the timing of the picture cuz it looks like he farted :D

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the new HUD. The one before was perfect.

The map is fan****ingtastic.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
HUD, not so great.

But everything else looks awesome, keep it up! :)

Hoping to see Android #18 soon :D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The HUD is okay, but really distracting because it almost looks 3D.

Also, why is the camera so off-center... this is an FPS engine, isn't it?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you can with ease change the camera ingame, within seconds you can do a zoom to the character face, it's realy epic, i use it all the time. That's why it wasen't centered, it is by default though

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite some of the edges not being smooth and the attack icon being overly large, the overall design of Dalte's HUD is nice. I personally like it. However, the downside to this HUD is that it just doesn't look like it fits in ESF due to the fact that the style of it reminds me of a HUD that would be used in a Budokai or Street Fighter game; it just doesn't match with ESF's style in this case.

Last edited:
Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, funny how the big topic is the hud.

Dalte made it to be a fighter hud. We have other huds that you guys can choose from, including the open beta hud that you guys are familiar with. And yeah, what the hell is that on freezas mouth... lol.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
And I jizzed in my pants :D

Awsome job guys

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the HUD is much better this way imo. The other one looked like a compressed pile of junk compared to this one, though the design could be perfected. For example, the model could show up on a circular window instead of a rectangular one.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The model of Frieza in the hud looks kinda weird. I don't know what it is though, but it might be his facial expressions or the view of it.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i'll join in on this too... the hud is.. AWESOME!! It's amazing how such a small change can make the game look more action based(imho the previous one was too random and scattered, this one reminds me of BT hud everything in 1 spot) I hope that we'll have quite a few options for changing huds(and i hope this one will be included cuz it looks amazing)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop *****ing about the HUD. There's no reason we can't ship all variants with the final game x.x

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Looking at freeza's head(hud) makes me think he's on crack.
Got to get used to the HUD, but maybe this can work.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hud is ****ing perfect. End of discussion. :)

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I love this POW! :D All in that picture is pefect! I couldn't wish for more :) It's a 10/10 ESF team :D
Keep up the good work ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom