[Old PotW] POTW - 9/19/10

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well I like the radar. But hope it wont stay on that position.
I would prefer in the right uper corner the bottom corner will do fine to.

And has the radar a zoom in option?

As for the hud well dont see why people dont like it.
I like it and its very clear.
Maybe you should make the bar of the weapon icons a bit bigger.
Like that it end some where arround the 2 of the ki bar.
Shape will look a bit better then.

Was only a suggestion tho.

There is one thing I wonder about the hud.
If you have a buddy will your screen not become to full with bars?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop *****ing about the HUD. There's no reason we can't ship all variants with the final game x.x
Meanie. I thought people can tell what they like and dislike. And since many seem to be on the "dislike side", you may consider remaking it - only so more people would like it and use it instead the other HUDs. I personally don't mind multiple HUDs being in-game to choose from as long as there's at least one I like. And there is.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still don't get it.. what's wrong with the old hud?
Nothing. Most of us use it. Layne just likes Dalte's. And I'm only being mean since ppl are acting like we've ditched the old designs and can only use one HUD at a time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well what do you expect of the people? The only type of 'official' updates we get, are the POTW's, and when something is drastically changed in those (for the worse), we can only assume that you have ditched the old design. That's the exact problem when you nearly completely exclude the community out of the development. To be really honest, the ESF is great at modding, mapping, modeling, texturing and what not. But you guys sort of semi-suck at PR in the past couple of years. (don't take that as in insult...it's an...observation)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well what do you expect of the people? The only type of 'official' updates we get, are the POTW's, and when something is drastically changed in those (for the worse), we can only assume that you have ditched the old design. That's the exact problem when you nearly completely exclude the community out of the development. To be really honest, the ESF is great at modding, mapping, modeling, texturing and what not. But you guys sort of semi-suck at PR in the past couple of years. (don't take that as in insult...it's an...observation)
/agree

(except in "for the worse" part... i still think the HUD is awesome)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing wrong with the design of this hud, just the execution is a bit poor, the layer effects could be a lot better and you can see pixelated edges... I quite like the arangement though, but seems a tad tenkaichi-esque... Im not a fan of my old hud anymore to be honest its a bit crowded and unclear gameplay wise, I think it looks okay, but at the time I was trying to fit it in with ESF's branding and sorta followed the old hud format. I'm hoping to come back to the team soon (if they'll have me), so I'll see if I can cook anything up if I'm not too busy working on other things. There's nothing wrong in having several hud options anyway, customization ftw.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well no take backs on your HUD skiwan since I like it as is :p

🌠 Staff
Best answers
Course we'll take you back skiiiiiiiiiiiiii-wan, just need to communicate more with us certain individuals like myself to make sure no one is taking over things you were spose to work on XD

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's nothing wrong with the design of this hud, just the execution is a bit poor, the layer effects could be a lot better and you can see pixelated edges... I quite like the arangement though, but seems a tad tenkaichi-esque... Im not a fan of my old hud anymore to be honest its a bit crowded and unclear gameplay wise, I think it looks okay, but at the time I was trying to fit it in with ESF's branding and sorta followed the old hud format. I'm hoping to come back to the team soon (if they'll have me), so I'll see if I can cook anything up if I'm not too busy working on other things. There's nothing wrong in having several hud options anyway, customization ftw.
yessssssss, come back daveyyy! <3

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The hud is alright, not that bad. Hope you guys make that hud from skiiwan he had on sketch, that was frikken awsome.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your name is still tinted black is it not ;)

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
SKIWAN COME BACK PLEASEEEEEEEEEE I MISS YOUUUU BOSSSS!!!! :'( and yea i know the stuff is jaggy and stuff, this was actually my first and test of the hud and i was going to do it over smoother cuz i hated how rugged it looked as well. But didnt feel like starting ova at the ttime since I wanted to see how it would turn out to begin with. I dont really care who dont like it tbh heh. Simply dont use it :D. For the people that do love it im going to be revising and sexing it up soon to look out for that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
looks good as allways, Keep it up ESF Team

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
I still don't get it.. what's wrong with the old hud?
nothing's wrong with it they simply made a new alternate hud in the open beta final there were two, esforces and core and now this one ;)

DOOORMAATT :D where have you been :p <3 :X good to see you back ;)

Best answers
People are starting to stress out because they suddenly see a new HUD they don't like. Like someone said above, this is what Dalte wants to play with cause he likes it. It doesn't mean this will be the official HUD for the final. You can drop your defenses now. Don't worry.

Best answers
Very good potw.Nice idea wit the hood though it looks kinda flat and low on detail.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Very good job. Thanks you for all since several years. Like all movies, games, musics or mangas, i can't wait to see the next but i wait with impatience and wonderly.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english's language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom