[Old PotW] PotW - 11/14/10

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never seen so much nitpicking in my life.

You have to realize these models must adhere to the Half-Life engine... you can't have everything.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

You have to realize these models must adhere to the Half-Life engine... you can't have everything.
But.... but.... the thumb....

Anyway fans nitpick... sometimes it's for the better sometimes for the worse. DEAL WITH IT!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Some call it nitpicking, others call it criticism. Would you rather have us say nothing about it, and just call it good? As long as there is any (valid) criticism to be given about a model, there is something that can be learned by the modeler. There is something "wrong" with this model, we are pointing that out, which is only a good thing. Whether your guys do something with it, or even have to do something with it, is a whole other story.

Stop nitpicking on the nitpickers, we are only trying to help to make the game look ever better and help you guys improve by providing criticism regarding errors in models or maps that you may have missed. We, the community, sees all the things you show us from a completely different angle than guys see. While you will protect your own work (which everyone does with their own work, getting criticism is something difficult. You are basically admitting that you are flawed), we provide criticism to make everything less 'flawed'.

Last edited:
Best answers
The pose !? wtf....
I think that those front hairs (the big ones) shouldn't be like that.... They look just like Vegetto's front hairs.

Trunks doesn't have those.
And the head is a bit more wide (I think that's the way to pronounce that..) in the original pic.

Nobody cares about that arm, you will not even notice the difference in game. The hair on the other hand could use a wee bit more work. Then it is perfect.
Well I do care about it and it's freaking me out....
It look's like his arm is broken.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I do care about it and it's freaking me out....
It look's like his arm is broken.
It only looks like that because of the light. Trust me people are capable of gripping a sword like that ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judging from Trunks' face looking kinda plastic, it must have been made by SV.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I love it! It's one of the best POTW I've ever seen while being on this forum! :D

Keep up the good work people! :)

Best answers
Am i the only one who noticed that those front hairs aren't suppose to be there!?
I mean.. just look

And look at the picture of the third post if you want to.
It's obviously that his hair in the model is just wrong.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly if we wanted to we could probably animate/pose it differently.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
Hlev you are correct on who made this render, twas one of the ones SV did, the only one i have done so far is cpt Ginyu for renders <<.

as for the front hairs, those are based on this image

I liked how they looked, so i did my own lil spin on them for this model, dunno why you all get so upset about certain things, everything i did has a reference of somekind to the character from the show/manga/games T_T

🌠 Staff
Best answers
thats not entirely true, some of the games models are done pretty well, for example, i have sitting around on my comp budokai 3 models from the wii game. For low polygon models they are done well and are rather similar to how i modeled out the esf models. Also got a lot of ideas on how to do things and/or do them differently by looking at the wire frames from those models. Sometimes you cant just rely on the manga and anime images because they are really just 2d representations of the characters, you never get the full view of the character that way, so adding in the games gives you a 3rd set of refs with another dimension of angles to look at. Cause lets face it, no matter how hard you try you'll never make a 3d character look 100% exactly like the manga/anime character looks, specially with goku and his side changing hair.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just cause we say we arn't adding attacks or cahracters that are not in the manga doesnt mean we dont look for non manga sources.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just cause we say we arn't adding attacks or cahracters that are not in the manga doesnt mean we dont look for non manga sources.
K then.. will you use my poorly drawn stickman goku as a non-manga source? :p

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GG yousa ripper :OOO

but yeah what you said, also looking for refs from a game is probably one of the best solution if you cant find a suiting settei, its more possible that the professional who made it was using a pretty good reference made by a great concept artist or the maker himself, altho if you are copying teh topology you might learn a lot, but you might as well get a bad name for doing so

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom