[Old PotW] PotW - 11/14/10

Best answers
WOW!!!!

This makes the PS3 models look retro
x2 !!!

And imagine...
Those guys are doing this for fun....
You're awesome,guys!!!

edit: btw something is wrong with his hand on the sword...

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Simply awsome. Keep up the good work. Even though I prefer Trunks with long hair (Bojack Movie and Cell games) this is just awsome.
I can't wait for this game :D

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think they did a quick pose just to present this modelsex.

Whats wrong with it is the unnatural arm being pulled back too far, and upper body standing straight and not following the pose.
But I'm sure DT will make it look good when ready.

p.s. nothing wrong with the hair, if it was better it wouldn't look good at all ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually i think the arm rotation fits the source image quite well. its just that the light makes the vertex edge line for the elbow stand out ^^

🌠 Staff
Best answers
actually, i believe the models all vary around 5500-6k at the most at this point, ssj hair we spent a bit extra polygons on to smooth it out a lil here and there, but they have so many spikes its hard to do with our budget just right and keep the rest of the model fairly detailed, especially this form of trunks since the sword and sword case/strap eat bout 800 polies together on its own /shrug

as for the head and hair alone, id say bout 1500 due to the animated mouth/eyes-pupils-teeth-tongue into account here =x but it also varies on model. ginyu will have less since he has no hair, ssj3 goku would be more cause of the long hair, /shrug

Last edited:
1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah the thumb looks like its going tru the sword handle?

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually i think the arm rotation fits the source image quite well. its just that the light makes the vertex edge line for the elbow stand out ^^

http://www.danjco.com/dbz192trunks.jpg
hmm, i see, but now that i look at that picture and the render its clear that the arm is too short on the model, which makes it corny looking :D

if it was longer like in that Trunks shot, it would go more naturally and no hand problems would follow.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The arm isnt really longer on yours. Just a different angle XD

If you look at your GIF you should notice that the models arm is placed a bit lower than the one from the pic. Rotate it up and it should fit ^^;

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody cares about that arm, you will not even notice the difference in game. The hair on the other hand could use a wee bit more work. Then it is perfect.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lower arm is short, it should not carve into the sleeve, look at the gif more closely, as you see the jacket part is ok I guess, but the skin part is too short even if you rotate :/

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just rotate the tips of the hair slightly more upwards. Thats pretty much it i guess.

🌠 Staff
Best answers
note about the arm there, that pose was rather odd to do with how DT set up the rig, so yes it has some flaws, and no the forearm is not short, theres very little diff in your gif and the arm other than the rotation at the shoulder denz. (Note, this model uses the SAME body as the first form Trunks, none of you mentioned the arm length bein off there. This is more or less an issue with the pose rather with the model itself.) Anyways, this is just one render that SV did before he vanished on me to show off the model. Was quick and painless.

As for the hair, yes, even i think i coulda done a bit better, but given that its been finished for a while now, and already rigged, and all that, i just dont think im gonna go back and rework it at all unless SV comes back soon, or even rework it again at all, need to focus on other things for mod developement, like Ginyu's armor normal map XD cause Ginyu > Trunks

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think if you'd scale his face in X +% a little, and a little randomize in his hair would improve it a little. Nice work btw.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well yeah, read my first post i said that it was probably a quick render etc etc, i just tried to explain why the arm looks odd :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom