[Old PotW] PotW - 11/14/10

🌠 Staff
Best answers
what i meant by looking similar is that comparing the topologies to my model that i made before i got them, which it was already similar, like for example i was already building them like the professional company was, which makes me happy to see. Sooooooo, ya. But its still a good to see how they handle things like knees/elbows and other things like that, you learn how to make your own stuff deform better a bit that way.

Btw, i didnt rip them, Raven did for someone else and sent them to me. Not that they could be used anyway, all of them are pre-posed in some way, so trying to manually put them in a T-pose to rig would be a ton of work + also not worth my time to put in game, that and I didnt get any of the skins to go with them... soooo kinda worthless.

Last edited:
Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i saw some guys at zeq2 put them in game but nvm

wasn't accusing you twas a joke but happy to hear that man, keep it Z

p.s. lol raven

🌠 Staff
Best answers
oh i know you werent accussing, I was just continuing the funny joke, but i guess it didnt come across that way =(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i saw some guys at zeq2 put them in game but nvm

wasn't accusing you twas a joke but happy to hear that man, keep it Z

p.s. lol raven

Keep in mind ZEQ2 allows all models to be used, ripped or not.

But this model just caught my eye a lot faster then most of the others.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats not entirely true, some of the games models are done pretty well
If they're done, in your opinion, well, that doesn't mean they are done in a correct way. You should always refer to manga or anime at least.

You took the hair from that picture, that's why it looks bad (OMG I said that) on ESF Trunks. It actually doesn't look that good (compared to manga/anime's) in that picture either.

Basically you should have shown the model and heard the opinions/suggestions before actually finishing it and deciding to never touch it again.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I never said they were done correct, i just said that over all the models are actually pretty good, in terms of topology and how they move and how they decided to do certain areas of the character like pants folds/etc. I also used manga and anime refs. Like i said, I used it as a 3rd type of reference since well, you never get the full character how you want it in an anime and manga image. Especially since at least for anime images, they are drawn by bunch of different people and animation style changes throughout the series. drawn images proportions always change, so having the 3d model is a good way to get decent proportions all around rather than trying to rely completely on 2d images that constantly change in each panel/frame.

Also, like i said before, I, as in ME, liked how the bangs looked and thus used them. Tis why i never asked your opinions, I liked them, I used them, Its my rendition of the character. You don't like it, then get someone to make you a fan edit later on down the road. I dont always have to do what the fans will like all the time /shrug.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, aren't you guys glad hleV knows how to read and fully understand a post? Not like GG said that he studied the anime, manga, and 3d models of Trunks for the hair and body or anything!

If they're done, in your opinion, well, that doesn't mean they are done in a correct way. You should always refer to manga or anime at least.

You took the hair from that picture, that's why it looks bad (OMG I said that) on ESF Trunks. It actually doesn't look that good (compared to manga/anime's) in that picture either.

Basically you should have shown the model and heard the opinions/suggestions before actually finishing it and deciding to never touch it again.

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm fairly sure GG used a suitable reference, it looks like Trunks doesn't it? If not, let's claim he's wind-swept and interesting. The model's great regardless of how Trunks combed his hair.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why are you people even arguing about this? All of this won't matter if the gameplay mechanics are broken. Give us the gameplay to dissect first, eye candy comes later (by give i mean show us more) :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The colors are all wrong.

Delete the entire thing and start over.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You didn't verify HL.

Delete your account and start over.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The colors are all wrong.

Delete the entire thing and start over.
These ppl are doing this for free, your lucky enogh they did anything at all.

Sv and rest of the team Dont worry about that, there will always be jelous ppl.

Good job, keep going ^^)-b

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooh Sarcasm, where art thou?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....You guys need to stop nitpicking, end of story.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom