Picollo And , Cell special attacks- cell saga.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega , I know what you mean ... But Tenkaichi and ESF they both about Dbz...

Think about what i have said , about the tier 2.

And , Piccolo can regeneration ..

I hope that you guys will figure out how to make the absorb system , since its little on you XD.

I am going to buy HL1 very soon , Hope ESF will be great :p. (1.2.3 , is great too :) ).
A melee tier special you mean?

Id class it as a Tier 3 instead if it absorbs opponents PL. I wonder how much of that can be done though. Maybe we can get him to absorb HP instead.

As for Piccolos regeneration. Thats out of the question. He could only regenerate lost limbs in exchange for quite a large amount of energy. The only one with an actual regeneration is Buu. Not Cell nor Piccolo have it that kind of regeneration. It would only be useful on them if we added boddy disassemblement, but we are not adding that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Absorb sounds like it would just slow down game play if you want to just stick with the normal Cell absorption.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hellzone Grenade is Scattershot. (Where piccolo surrounds an opponent with ki blasts stopped in air and then sends them to a single point)
Makosen is Light Grenade (Used vs Imperfect Cell as a last ditch attack. Cell laughs it off.) Some ppl have already seen the current charge FX for Makosen :p

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Tenkaichi is based on a 2D fighter with button masher mechanics, ESF is based on a First Person Shooter, with a third person camera with areal outmanevering

You can not compare the 2. Its like comparing Half Life to Mortal Combat.
lol..they are both dbz games , they both have ample amount of similarities its a 3d styled game(with a 2d fighting mechanics when u fight) , you can maneuver around the environments . lol and u can have "button mashing" whether it be controler or keyboard and mouse setup. and would u define "a real outmanevering mechanics"(it may be self explanatory) for me i may have the wrong idea of its definition when making reference to games.

---------- Double Post below was added at 09:31 PM has been merged with this post created 09:24 PM ----------

No cool down timers please. We are trying to make the game natural and such timers make it unnatural.
you wouldnt think of it as that, it we like taking a breather after a strenious workout. wouldnt be unnatural.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Stuart, they are completely different types of game and work completely differently. Just because they are both based on DBZ and both 3D, doesn't make them compatible. I'm not sure where you got the both having 2d fighting mechanics from, unless you mean the arrow system.....which isn't going to be in ESF: Final. By out-maneuvering mechanics, he means being able to swoop and teleport in any direction to dodge and attack, whereas most official DBZ games are far more limited like, for example, teleporting only takes you directly behind the enemy.

As for cooldown timers, they just don't fit in a fast-paced game like ESF.

As for absorbing, I think the only way it would ever work is if it only works on people with very low health, make it very close range, and make it only recover a portion of his health bar. And even then there's the problem of making it not look odd because if it's too fast it'd look silly (example, enemy just dies on the spot), but make both players sit through an animation every time you use it would just be annoying (especially to the victims if there's a sap-happy cell in the server). Personally I'm happy for it to be left out.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Stuart, they are completely different types of game and work completely differently. Just because they are both based on DBZ and both 3D, doesn't make them compatible. I'm not sure where you got the both having 2d fighting mechanics from, unless you mean the arrow system.....which isn't going to be in ESF: Final. By out-maneuvering mechanics, he means being able to swoop and teleport in any direction to dodge and attack, whereas most official DBZ games are far more limited like, for example, teleporting only takes you directly behind the enemy.

As for cooldown timers, they just don't fit in a fast-paced game like ESF.

As for absorbing, I think the only way it would ever work is if it only works on people with very low health, make it very close range, and make it only recover a portion of his health bar. And even then there's the problem of making it not look odd because if it's too fast it'd look silly (example, enemy just dies on the spot), but make both players sit through an animation every time you use it would just be annoying (especially to the victims if there's a sap-happy cell in the server). Personally I'm happy for it to be left out.
I can point out ample amount of similarities between the 2. I didn't state that they were compatable. Im not making observations on just the 3d and dbz content its an evaluation on the whole product. If you u would like me to point out the obvious simlarities, ill be more than happy to. On the 2d statement I wasn't making reference to ESF. If u hook up a controller to the computer and play the ESF there would be a moderate difference due to the unlimited freedom of control. and there were limited movements and freedom in the first developements of dbz games but still , there is a good amount that are similiar between the 2. The recent dbz fighting games have alittle more in common then i guess what he has mentioned. And don't let what I give you the insinuation that I think the game is going to be morbid or monatanious. I think what the developement team has done in dramatically hacked and altering the original hl engine is a magnificant of its own, and i cant emphasise the gratitude i have for them for putting they're hard work into such a project. I personally think you shoul make people pay to play.

Last edited:
Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So if you indeed agree that the two are incompatible in the terms of gameplay, and weren't talking about ESF when talking about timers, what was the point? Why simply take what grega said and reply to it in a way that has nothing to do with ESF?

Grega said that it would be like comparing Half-Life and Mortal Kombat, meaning that somethings that work in one game won't work in the other (though it would be fun to use an MK char in HL.....moving on <_<), and then you post about how similar the two games are.

Grega said that having a timer in the game makes it feel unnatural. Yes taking a breather after a workout is natural, but not in a game, and if you agree with that, then what was the point in posting it?

I'm sure grega knows full well the similarities between the games and that breathers are natural, but he was specifically talking about ESF and how the suggestion would impact gameplay.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Regarding the breathers. They are natural, but you are missing one point. They are never forced. When a "breather" is forced, it becomes unnatural.

You can exhaust yourself and you then take a breather to recover your stamina, that is correct, BUT when you are exhausted and the necessity to take action comes up, you have the choice. Take a break or act. If you act ofcourse you will be even more tired in the end, but you still have that choice. Thats natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom