Open Beta Released & Promo Vid!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yeah but I still can't believe that so many people seeded this before I got my hands on it. Seems everyone chose torrent. Anyway, I think I'll leave this up all night, to upload as much as possible.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We should have a contest to see who will have the most uploaded.

I'm almost done downloading... I'm probably going to be up most of the night looking for any bugs or glitches.

Best answers
I will try the beta probably tommorow as it's going extremly slow for me... :(.

Only two seeds...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We should have a contest to see who will have the most uploaded.

I'm almost done downloading... I'm probably going to be up most of the night looking for any bugs or glitches.
3.32GB so far, haha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man I'm so happy that you decided to make this release, now the entire community will have a role in finishing one of the GREATEST MODS EVER IN THE UNIVERSE!!! That's really cool, guys.

Best answers
Allright, somehow it fixed itself after 10 minutes of nearly 1kb and went up to 150kb. It's obviously an act of god...... to thank him I'll help upload...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehhe, downloading smoothly :) 400-600kb/s meh, lots of seeders!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I have to download ESF 1.2.3 all over again, and it's going at 10 kb/s, that's great.

Best answers
I'm so happy :'D it's downloaded...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I have to download ESF 1.2.3 all over again, and it's going at 10 kb/s, that's great.

The question is. Why in the world would you do that to play 1.3

You don't need 1.2.3 to play the open beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys LegendarY said his file was damaged. That is, he couldn't unzip it. So don't blow your heads off if maybe it doesn't work.đ

EDIT: scratch that. He was just opening a cancelled file. Note to self: ROUTERS ARE EVIL!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it supposed to look this way?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well dude, HarSens was probably the one that uploaded it, and he didn't create an installation file he just zipped his esf folder and thats why his name stayed. I think.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. As more builds are released, the text at the top will change to reflect the date the build was released/made.
Correct. Its the file hars updates every time. So its always his name. Thats why o don't update the config.cgf file unless a new feature is added that involves new keys ^^

That way i get to keep my key configuration AND my name ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, great fun, dled it...just one thing...HOW THE F*** DO I PLAY IT??? There is absolutely no explanation as to what we do with the game, as there's no auto-install application. Best I could think to do was to extract the zip folder into a folder alongside the ESF folder. Well, steam now recognizes a game called "Earth's Special Forces Open Beta", but says that the game is currently unavailable. I searched the whole folder and found no icon of any sort to initiate ESFOB. Could someone explain? I get this awesome news, and I get left in the dark; worst yet, I go to the place where everybody's talking about it and all I find is "Oh this is awesome! But what's up with this and this?" and no questions of my sort anywhere which indicates that I'm a total dumbass who was the only one not to understand the installation process.

Not to say that this doesn't look rockin' from the premier video, because even in beta form it looks kickass, but I HATE watching when I know I can check it out for myself...

EDIT:

Oh wait...never mind, steam just started it...^_^; my apologies...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
torrent ftw^^
dled it in 10 minutes, will seed untill the end of the week with ~100 kB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom