Nintendo Revolution LIVE!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, for me personally, there is no redemption for them. But that isn't any reason to not be curious about how they're going to pull off some of these things. I know I'm negative a lot of the time but at least I'm not just blowing the thing off. Heh. I AM eager to see how the hell they are going to get the licensing rights for every single game they've ever made.

We haven't seen it yet, due too sony & microsoft stealing nintendo's and supposedly sega's controller idea's, they"ve decided to keep it under wraps for now until later.
What's the deal with this statement? I never heard about this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wouldn't the Revolution, and by extension, it's controller have made an E3 appearance?

Best answers
What's the deal with this statement? I never heard about this.
Well that's was going around. There saying they stole their wireless function, rumble function, & analog stick function idea's. I guess now there suppose to be secretive about everything due too all of these idea's they say were stolen from them. I think they metioned this at the nintendo confernce, if not im sure there's probally a few links too diffrent web pages around stating these same reasons. They could just be fanbase opinions though overall, i wouldn't know exactly since i never really payed attention to every controller function so maybe you have a better idea of what everyone is talking about.
Well, for me personally, there is no redemption for them. But that isn't any reason to not be curious about how they're going to pull off some of these things. I know I'm negative a lot of the time but at least I'm not just blowing the thing off. Heh. I AM eager to see how the hell they are going to get the licensing rights for every single game they've ever made.
They probally won't, and that does kinda make me curious now that i think about it. They"ll probally just get them for only there best selling ones.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well that'd be a shame about the downloadable games thing. We're all going to want to play Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc... if they can't get them, are we going to be stuck playing the old games that were solely Nintendo's creation? I guess that's not entirely bad...but it's not going to help the many naysayer arguments about 'rehash.'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
while its true RareWare are no longer with Nintendo, Nintendo own the rights to the original Perfect Dark. The same is for the original Goldeneye, and Conker's Bad Fur Day. Not only that, the rehash comment came from people on this forum. Whats the average age on this Forum might i ask?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
The games will be backward compatible, and you can download THE WHOLE library of Nintendo games over the last 2 decades.
If you look at Miyamoto's interview with Gamespot, he says they're still determining which games will be available for download. The entire library will not be available.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't the controller going to be the same? it would be stupid to be able to play gcn games on the revolution, and have a different controller.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Isn't the controller going to be the same? it would be stupid to be able to play gcn games on the revolution, and have a different controller.
It has ports for gamecube controllers and Gc mem cards for when you play gamecube games. The revolutions controller is purely wireless which is all thats been said about it

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Conversely, until we know better, it could be considered stupid to play Revolution games with a GCN controller. The controller should be designed to fit the games it will feature, while still being able to play older games. For instance, if you, for whatever reason, decided to buy the Gameboy Player for the GCN, you can change the controller setup as necessary, since the GBA controller is different from the GCN controller. I can only hope that the same would be true of the Revolution's controller - it would have enough functionality to leave room for all of the GCN controller's functions.

However, I'd like to see how they manage that, as the controller for the Revolution is a very cloudy subject.

Best answers
Well there's more and probally final news. It seem's that in this recent interview, the revolution could possibly be lacking any hidden info about the revolution through out the whole summer until the end of the year. They also talk about Sony & Microsoft's, " Technology War " direction in the gaming industry, respectively acourse. So i guess this is final, Nintendo seems to be simply moving in a different direction then the competitors and there just not interested in competing anymore with just technology driven routes. But the thing is, will the innovative route ever truely work for them at all?.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617814p1.html

Also, it seem's that that Team Ninja, famous for games like Dead or Alive, could possibly pull a 180 on the 360. That's mean that Ninja Gaiden 2 could possibly becoming to the N-revolution instead of the Xbox-360. There's also a chance that the PS3 might get it instead as well.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617882p1.html

And IGN themselves finally got there hands on the N-revolution for the first time, after beating up two muscle-bound security guards to get through. It seems that they were highly impressed with the design as well.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617195p1.html

Best answers
aparently i heard that xbox 360 was hinted to be the least powerful out of the three so...who knows what nintendo have up their sleeves, they are defently hiding somthing
the new ssb is online and aparently is getting features to make your character look different to others online which would rock and the library download thing is aparently going to be mostly well known games and will be available to download and chances are its free.

Best answers
Ok if i got warnings for double posting...so be it i come forth to you with news

I have discoverd nintendo have the ability to **** on ps3 and xbox that much that killzone would look like a ps2 game (no offence)

heres the deal:

The Revolution could be using cube-mapping for graphics instead of normal graphic rendering. Nintendo invested in it and signed for it in 2004.

what is cube-mapping you ask?
its a technique that does shiny water and ****, If Nintendo are applying it to full graphics
They can basically have games just being pre-rendered (like gamecubes resident evil backgrounds) yet veiwable and playable from any camera angle.
it means they'd be capable of pushing graphics literally as pretty as possible
with very little CPU and GPU effort involved.

It wouldnt be real 3d
but the technique is so good you cant tell the difference
*jaw drops open* I dont know all the details.

Nintendo have a patent on it, and a patent is basically the signed rights to use it
it basically builds pre-rendered enviroments as high graphics/textured as you want it to be and instead of running in real-time 3d its constantly sending an image, like a screenshot, to the TV from the angle your looking at
but its going so fast and so smooth

you'll have no frame-rate drop, because its not actually rendering anything
and the graphics will ONLY be limited by the resolution. You could literally have the graphics as pretty as you possibly want.

And remember you can hook the revolution to a computer monitor which has way higher resolution which means? thats right extreamly better looking graphics again =D theres a chance nintendo will be idiots and not use it on everything but if they do...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Graive said:
Nintendo have a patent on it, and a patent is basically the signed rights to use it
Cube-mapping isn't new. Apple had a demo on their site a while ago of cube-mapping. And you can't patent something that already exists. That's like me trying to patent the telephone.

Best answers
yeh but aparently now they have the rights to it so not ps3 or xbox can use it
thats all i know

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. That's not really far off from bump mapping, which does the same thing but on textured surfaces. Making a...well, an entire game world that doesn't have to "render" just sounds impossible to me. I'm pretty sure that cube mapping only applies to water and shiny surfaces anyway (a kind of environment mapping), though I could be wrong.

PS3 and Xbox won't need this magical new technology anyway. Nintendo isn't gonna be ****ting on anything (except maybe the 18-24 demographic, heh). Either way it's still going to have to render SOMETHING.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say that instead of console controllers we should be getting Arcade sticks :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom