Nintendo Revolution LIVE!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its gonna be on gamespot in a little but, but they already have some pictures of it up on there site:

Looks sexy...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That does look pretty sexy... I'd probably wait to see what games come out before I thought about buying one though.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does it bug anyone that it just looks like a cheap rendition of a ps2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The gamecube ran CDs :p. Small ones none the less, but they where cds :D.

And I just read the story and i will give ya a little sumary...

The revolution will step up to online play, and also be able to play gamecube games. And they also said that gamecube games will actually become "downloadable" and playable on the revolution. They also said that the DS will go online, and it will be completly free :D. Also they said they are releasing another GBA -_-....the "Gameboy Micro" Its supposed to be "slightly bigger then a credit card" but able to fit in your back pocket. It will have customizable faceplates and stuff. They didn't say much about it. They didn't say much about the Revolution itself, just that it will be 3x more powerfull then the Gamecube.

Best answers
Well the conference was dissapointing, i expected to learn alot more about it then that, and they didnt show one revolution game at all. But it still sounds good so far, but it just dosent seem to surpass the other 2, its only 3x more powerful then the gamecube, when the xbox360 is 15x more powerful and the PS3 is 35x more powerful then the PS2. I just hope nintendo knows what there doing because nothing they said sounds revolutionary right now. :(

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That does look like a nice system. I only hope that the performance of the system is as sleek as its appearance.

Again, I hope that the system will represent its namesake well. I expect much from Nintendo. At the very least, I hope to enjoy this system as much as I do the Gamecube.

Hopefully, this thread will soon include discussion on some of the Revolution's games, provided they are demonstrate in the very near future.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All these systems look very similar. They are very thin, and all can stand vertically.

I'd probably get this system for Zelda alone, so we'll see what happens.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, so far it looks good. But my guess is they aren't saying much about it because it's a "revolution" i guess all will be said right before release or when it's out. Hopefully they won't do that though. I'm looking forward to what nintendo has to offer though.

My big question is where do the controllers go? So if that's all true, then i'm guessing that you can play PSO I&II for free? That'd be sooo freaking awsome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All i got to say is thank god it doesn't look like this:

http://www.mdtauk.screaming.net/revolution-online/front 1.jpg

lol, that is the ugliest freakin thing i have ever seen :p.

Anyway, I just watch the press conference, and yea, nothing special. But i must say the crowd was goin crazy over the new micro XD.

But before the nintendo conference they showed the ps3....I was laughing when they brought it out. They turned the lights on and it was sitting there for 30 seconds with no applause, i swear they put up a sign on the screen that said "applaud" XD.

Nintendogs looks awsome, i gotta get that :p. I think nintendo has something up there sleeve... They are always coming up with new ways to play games...i mean voice first appeared on "hey you pikachu", i was goin nutts when i first got it :p. Now voice is used on a handheld, just genious :p. At the end of the revolution showing the representitive said its only a prototype and the design will probally change, they havn't decided on a color scheme yet, he said it will get even smaller when there done with it....

I'm a big nintendo fan and i just hope they dont screw up :S.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
My big question is where do the controllers go?
I believe controllers are all wireless for Revolution. That's a standard feature for at least Nintendo and Microsoft's new consoles (not sure if PS3 will use wireless controls).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's looking pretty nifty. However, it's going to need way more than that to get me interested.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
I believe controllers are all wireless for Revolution. That's a standard feature for at least Nintendo and Microsoft's new consoles (not sure if PS3 will use wireless controls).
All the systems have wireless controllers

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, the nintendo rep. said they will be wireless...

First pic of the GameBoy Micro:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that makes sense thanks Majin_You. LoL that's the first thing that came to my mind. But the controllers for GCN are wireless as well (the ones i have are) so that's nothing new.

I'm much more interested in the games. I mean the name "Revolution" could just be a name. I mean GCN was going to be "Project Dolphin" then was changed. This better be a good console. But what i'm really happy about, something nintendo didn't do in the past, is make it so you can play GCN games on Revolution, that i like.

Best answers
That thing is ugly. So now PSP has 3 handhelds too worry about. I don't think they know what they got themselves into in this part of the industry.I wonder how the games will look on that thing. Either way back on the revolution subject, hopefully they release super smash bros during the console launch with online play, i can't tell u how many people have been waiting for something like that too take place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What thing? The Micro? They are just going to be 32bit GBA games, with a super bright screen. Nothing new....

Best answers
Enix said:
What thing? The Micro? They are just going to be 32bit GBA games, with a super bright screen. Nothing new....

Oh, thats it?? what was the point of it really?? it seems really pointless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to make it smaller to milk the GBA fans :p. Its going to have changable faceplates. I think thats the only new feature...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom