New Type of Aura for 1.3 Poll

What type of aura to make?

• Keep the current 1.2 version

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • A flowing aura with the waves going up

Votes: 148 69.2%
  • something like DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22 ( PSX )

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • a mix of everything

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
Old School
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Then there would be less to look forward to for 1.3. Besides, because he is waiting to release it until 1.3, it gives him more time to perfect or tweak it before the release.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
itd take a badass sprite artist to do it, but id like to see a sprite aura myself, im not so sure how thatd work out looking at it from different angles but an animated sprite that looks like itw as just ripped out of the series would be my ideal aura,

(kinda like zeq2's,... but, ehm,, better, theres is too static

The Krazy One
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
What I was thinking for a Sprite Aura is this:
  • Not just one single sprite covering the player, but little sprites, maybe the size of the dust sprites, surrounding the player, and all the sprites moving upward, in a defined or scripted path.
  • Sprites are generated differently depended on where you are looking at. (From lower-left, or dead on straight ahead)
  • This would require alot of math though, but this is possible.
  • The aura would actually look quite interesting, with that method.
  • Plus, the aura can be shaped in any way or form.
  • For an added bonus, one big oval shaped sprite filled with lines (Fully transparent though, except for the lines), and moving upwards.
    • This would also be location dependant
    • If your looking at it at a horizontal angle, it would look like the aura from the show.
    • If you look at it from a below angle, it'll either be lines going outwards from the center, or just a fully transparent center.
What you think?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
good idea crazy killa but eum who is suposed to make that :p i mean this is a verry hard thing to do you sayd it yourself (quote :This would require alot of math though, but this is possible.) i would love to see this , great idea man

The Krazy One
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This is probably a feature that can be done by a company in there spare time. o_O But with a mod that has people working on it in their spare time. It might be quite a challange, or hassle. :S

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
actualy.. there is a much more simpler way. If you have the right sprites, you can just bind those sprites to the bones on the model and have them just flow off of them. much easier, itll give a closer to body aura. but, I dont know how well itll look,
Budokai 3 is using this method btw.

Old School
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So was budokai 2 (seems that way anyhow.) I was actually thinking about that and if it were possible. I think it would look pretty cool.

The Krazy One
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Budokai 2 didn't use that method, they just had a Sprite form infront of the model (Since the game was 2D.) DarkToothDKD, that was actually sounds ALOT simplier, and it would look ok from a head on point of view, if the sprites were forming all around the player, then it'll look good, but then the model would be covered. Unless there was a way to not draw the sprites that were in front and behind the model, then it'll be perfect. ;)

Best answers
well i was thinking , that maybe when every character you play with in form 2 , should have like a minor splash damage + knockback effect when they charge the energy , but only when ustart it , like instanly , good idea no ?

The Krazy One
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Arachka said:
well i was thinking , that maybe when every character you play with in form 2 , should have like a minor splash damage + knockback effect when they charge the energy , but only when ustart it , like instanly , good idea no ?
Umm....o_O I see where you're getting at, but this is about changing the aura model, not what the aura should do when charging your energy, or initiating turbo. It's a nice suggestion, but wrong thread my friend. :laff:

Best answers
As a quick off-topic question, is DarkSun's Aura available to download? I tried looking for it at ESF-World but I didn't have much luck.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Zeq2 doesn't use ordinary sprites for their aura's. I believe RiO once told me that they were "volumetric sprites"

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i suppose it's pretty obvious what the public wants. Personally I can't wait to see what DT will come up with. Maybe this time you could show us some work in progress ?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
:D
I hope you guys like it. I have multiple ideas.. I just got a new helpful technique in mind. may help thing go better :)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
just one problem, if DarktoothDKD does make an awesome flowing aura which no doubt he will =), when you double tap left or right, wouldnt that look weird? especially if the character is moving left or right with the aura and the aura flowing upwards,,, would look strange?

unless they removed the aura while swifting (double tapping) in 1.3?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it possible to animate the aura flowing upwards in the same way as in Budokai 1 when it showed the cutscene of Goku leaving his batle with Freeza before Freeza tried to beam him from behind? If i can find a video clip of it i'll post it (for those of you with Budokai 1, its the one where Goku gives some energy to Freeza, that cutscene, with Goku's aura) It's VERY similar to Darksun's aura.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
ok, here's my quick idea ...
make several bones with animated sprites assigned on its end (fixed axis to the bone)
each of this sprites moves up with the bone and rotates a bit in one animation cycle. the sprite is animated to fade in/out, lets say a sprite needs 1 second from the bottom to the top, then you'd make the first 0.1 second fading in and the last 0.1 second fade out, then start the animation again. so it would look like the aura is floating up.
here's a pic to show you what i mean
http://esf-world.com/team/dj-ready/teh_aura.jpg
dont mind the crappy drawing anyways

dont know if it would look good ingame though >_>

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
sory DJ-Ready, that pictures has really confused me o_O

could you try drawing another example,,,yes you can slap me

Best answers
LoL I'm the only one who voted, keep the aura's as they are!!!
Waah I like the aura's as they are and I dont want to give up fps to have 'better' aura's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom