New Type of Aura for 1.3 Poll

What type of aura to make?

• Keep the current 1.2 version

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • A flowing aura with the waves going up

Votes: 148 69.2%
  • something like DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22 ( PSX )

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • a mix of everything

Votes: 45 21.0%

• Total voters
Best answers

Why not doing it like Saviour of Strength it looks pretty good I think .. would be awesome :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im fairly sure thats something they did in photosho...could be wrong tho :S

Best answers
it could be made in photoshop but i just wanna say that Darktooth could make it like that it looks awesome

//my meaning!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Animatable skinz are possible, they just made animated hostages in CZ

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I remember suggesting a aura that used the sprites, just like they were used for the attack heads. Except make the inside transparent. But yah, a flowing upward aura would be sweet!!! I've never seen what ZEQ2's aura looks like, if anyone has a pic I would love to see it.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe.
Im glad a lot of you guys are taking a look at this topic. Im thinking about having, two auras spinning, but yet have some waves flowing up around it. And that swirly around the character idea.. I think its possible :)

two aura, one for normal and one for ssj, maybe more for when you get strong? :) We'll see what happens

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
hehe.
Im glad a lot of you guys are taking a look at this topic. Im thinking about having, two auras spinning, but yet have some waves flowing up around it. And that swirly around the character idea.. I think its possible :)

two aura, one for normal and one for ssj, maybe more for when you get strong? :) We'll see what happens
Well, for a fact i know there will be a new turbo system in 1.3, wich allows you to increase your power much more then the current one, with a penalty offcourse, but that doesn't mather, you see, the new turbo system will probaly work with a power up bar, from minimum to the max. I'd say when the bar is let's say 50 % filled, the aura increases in size, and starts to hurl faster. How about that?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystik_Black said:

Why not doing it like Saviour of Strength it looks pretty good I think .. would be awesome :)
dunno it it could be done , the hl engine has it's limits

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me pokes
easly possble, it'd involve a four polys for each spike, skin on the spike tex, duplicate it into that shape, add a bone for each one, animate, voila, it'll involve way to many bones if you ask me ;O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that aura from SoS looks got and would be great for ESF

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cold steel said:
Well, for a fact i know there will be a new turbo system in 1.3, wich allows you to increase your power much more then the current one, with a penalty offcourse, but that doesn't mather, you see, the new turbo system will probaly work with a power up bar, from minimum to the max. I'd say when the bar is let's say 50 % filled, the aura increases in size, and starts to hurl faster. How about that?

I had that in mind already :D but I do have a few more ideas up my sleeve. itll involve sub-model blending. meaning.. itll blend from model to the next smoothly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though I love the current 1.2 aura, if it's even possible to make an aura that flows upward, it'd be my choice.

Best answers
i like the pack from darksun 4.1 and that from darkone
that from darkone is realy good maybe we can ask him maybe he convert it to esf1.2b they are very cool

Normal Aura
SSJ Aura
SSJ2 Aura
SSJ3 Aura
Super Vegetos Aura
Kaioken Aura

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wonder if it's possible to have darksun's aura

then just have a sprite that would flow up over the aura.. some parts of the sprite would be clear while the other part would have the color of the aura

example: yellow darksun's aura and yellow aura sprite, some parts yellow, some parts transparent

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Why not give the aura a 3D look with sprites (Like how it's done with the Beam heads). But the position of the sprites change in relavance to the players position. Like you look straight down, and the sprites from a circle type of position (While not filling the center), and when you look at it from a straight on, it looks like the aura from the show.
To me, having a model for a aura, just doesn't look right (The Aura now doesn't look too great.)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
I had that in mind already :D but I do have a few more ideas up my sleeve. itll involve sub-model blending. meaning.. itll blend from model to the next smoothly
So you would actually have a smooth transfer from model 1 to model 2. That's really awesome man. If you get it right, lot's of people will dedictate their temple to you.

:yes:

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well..
we tried making our first auras in 1.0 with sprites.. it was pretty ugly, that why we kept the 3D aura look. and it just lets us have more possibilities than the sprite only method :-D

aka. model blending idea :D

Best answers
This is slightly off topic, but why not release a pack of different auras for now? That'd be sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom