New melee system

Best answers
You know, we could mix some ideas into one new system, if you guys could post what you would like to see the most, maybe I can add or change them in my current system. We can keep changing things until everybody is happy, if there is a disagreement, we can always discuss it. So let me hear it!!

Best answers
i like like carnage the 1s idea...everybody should post what they like. mine were already posted in my last post

Best answers
As for darktooths simple melee idea, that ain't a bad idea too. Then we have hybrids boost swooping, sounds interresting as well. They both aren't drastic changes and should add more dept to the game, in other words - they can be added.

Anyone else?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krazy-Killa said:
Hopefully one day a new system will be suggested that can replace the old one.
It's old already?
Well on-topic you know what I want. If not my melee system then atleast my... system.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like the idea of my aware button. Player holds it and gets hit in back while swooping, he automatically punches the attacking player away.

Best answers
Couldn't you just use block instead of a special "aware" button? While swooping, you can't do much blocking anyway.

Best answers
It would serve more of a visual evasion i would imagine.

Blocking would still have its uses... just adds a new element.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess your right carnage. Too similar to block.

Anyway, the damn swoop ki usage needs to be lowered a lot in the next version. I don't know how the hell anyone keeps there ki up.

Best answers
Especially in normal forms, I agree, perhaps lower the transformation powerlevels so you transform sooner? Lower them about 500k might help.

A question for pcjoe: Alot of threads had been closed that were about the tele - delay, and some said that it is going to be a permanent featue of esf, is this true?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, lots of ideas ^_^ Like kimaster786 said
kimaster786 said:
theres alot of great suggestions here from every one, i dont think anyones system is all that great but i like alot of the little ideas
If you guys can somehow come up with a decent method of blocking, we'll be set ^_^
Carnage said:
A question for pcjoe: Alot of threads had been closed that were about the tele - delay, and some said that it is going to be a permanent featue of esf, is this true?
I dont really care too much. I could bring it up in a team meeting to get it removed...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well since joe is reading this thread, i thought i'd come up with my own melee system

First of all, you would swoop into a player to do prepunches which is already implemented. However, it would be an animation of the characters punching and kicking. This animation would last for 5 seconds. After that 5 seconds, both players would be blown off just a short distance (enough to hit) and you both would go into the advanced melee.

After that, both parties would then at the same time able to do advanced melee.

Increase in damage done by the new melee would have to happen. The patch will allow this so yeah.

THROW
In order to throw, the right click button will still be used. However this time, both players can charge at the same time. When you click and hold the right mouse button, a bar would charge. When you fill up the bar, you then are able to throw. The first player to fill their bar before the other player can execute a move will be able to throw. If, however, the player charging for a throw is hit by the other player while charging, the throw cancels. PL would be a factor in the speed of the charging bar. Depending on the difference of the PL of the two fighters would determine the speed of the charging bar for a throw. So a greater gap would allow a faster charging.

MELEE
In order to do combinations of attacks, left click will still be used. Holding the left click button would bring up the charging bar where you can input your attack, which is the same as the current system. The difference is that both players charge their bars at the same time. When you release the left click, you automatically do the moves that you charged. If, however, you hold the left click button, you will be able to save when you will execute your moves. The first opponent to release their left click will able to go first.

The charging bar would always be at the same speed, which would be moderate.

CHARGING BAR FOR ATTACKS
You can always charge your attack anytime during the melee encounter EXCEPT when the other opponent has already released their left click to attack you. Your sequence will then be paused and shown at the bottom of the screen. It will resume again when your opponent has finished their sequence. While your able to resume again, your opponent has to charge from the beginning. If however they release the left click before you do, again they will be able to attack again.

COMBOS
The way combos will be executed will be the same. If one hit connects, you are able to do the combo.

BLOCKING DURING MELEE
The arrows will appear at the top as it is in the current system.

ATTACK BREAKERS
While the opponent is attacking you, you will be able to dodge with the arrows. While you are blocking, you can still save your combination of attacks as stated earlier by still holding the left click. When you release the left click, you will then automatically start your attack. So even while an opponent is attacking you, you can break into their combination with the combination you saved if you're able to make contact before they make contact with you.

For instance, an enemy will start off their combination. I am able to release my left click button and hit them without them hitting me first. Their sequence resets while I start my sequence.

In another case, an enemy will start off their combination. I am UNable to make contact with my combination because the opponent hit me before I was able to get a clear hit. My charging bar would reset.

After a player finishes off their sequence without being interupted, both players can charge again.

Attack breakers also work in the throw charging bar as stated earlier.

CANCELED OUT ATTACKS
If at anytime an attack is perform at the same time, they would cancel out the charging of either the combination or throw. 2 different animations could be used, fists hittin fists or kicks hitting kicks.

If during a combination the opponent is able to do an attack breaker at the same time you hit, your bars would both cancel out and you would then start to charge again.

GETTING OUT OF MELEE
If an opponent loses all their KI, they are left tired and cannot move until their KI recharges automatically. You can have your way with your opponent. If you do a combo while they are tired, your last move would automatically be a hard attack to give your opponent a chance to recharge.

Also, if that opponent dies, simple.

If a hard hit lands, then you both are out of melee.

USING KI ATTACKS IN MELEE
Pressing the shift button with a direction while holding left mouse button will allow ki blasts and beams to happen. Ki blasts would be light charge, beams a medium charge, and a quick signature a hard move. Hopefully these beams will be able to be implemented in the melee system IF the WAVE BEAM SYSTEM will be able to get in. The quick signature hard move, if it was the last move to be inputted, it would then engage the person receiving the attack a struggle bar. If for 10 seconds he's not able to get out of the struggle, it would blow up in his face

NOT BEING INTERUPTED IN MELEE
Same thing, a knockback.

in relation to this idea, my trunks sword simple melee idea
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=42923

also, maybe a different ki system based on powerlevel and not energy
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=44664

one of the ideas that i hope gets in, submission holding
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=43321

and lastly, the swoop, which deals with melee
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=44853

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
I dont really care too much. I could bring it up in a team meeting to get it removed...
Please do, It's not that its spammed or the mouse wheel stuff. its we cant get away fast enough when we see a strong beam comming our way. teleporting is too slow now. Beam jumping with turbo on would work but even though generic beam is fast charge. by the time you see the beam you cant charge in time plus turbo until its too late, also it adds strategy to the game.

as for this thread. im watching it and i love the ideas people are coming up with. Carnages melee system is my favorite so far. plus a lot of the little ideas that could be added on sound cool.

Best answers
GrOOvy said:
4.) Keeping the above conclusion in mind, we coded in a small delay to avoid people from using binds. And this is a PERMANENT measure - this is NOT going to be removed no matter how many times you guys make your threads, you will just end up getting yourself in trouble.
Pcjoe said:
Kind of a contradiction there, don't you think?

Oh and kongkong dude, I think I stated in one of my previous posts that I requested people not to create a whole new system in this thread, you can make your own thread for that. You can however post addittions/changes , but I'm not planning to to completely replace it, get it? Good.

Anywho, I'm going to lock myself up now till I come up with some blocking ideas ;P

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
Kind of a contradiction there, don't you think?
Hmm, I probably shouldn't have said that. It's intended to be a perminant change, but I personally don't care. The only reason I would bring it up in a team meeting is because how much you guys complain about the ~0.15 second delay. Oh noes, I can only teleport 6 times a second -_-

Best answers
Blocking:

Why not have a block limit, so that you can only hold block for so long (say, 1.5 second). That way, you can't just hold block because after those 1.5 seconds, you'll be vulnerable for attacks again. When the 1.5 seconds are over, you'll have to wait a certain time before being able to block again. Let's say 2/3 seconds. That way it can't be spammed but it's efficiency will remain the same. However, holding the block key will not automatically block again after the 2 or 3 seconds have passed, repressing it is required. Of course it still can be "spammed" but you'll have to move around first to avoid getting hit in those 2/3 seconds. Even then you need to time your block a little, cos blocking to soon might result in a hit or even a combo. With this, players can also fool the blocker. You swoop, he blocks, but you turn away and come back whenever the blocking period is over, forcing people to use their blocking button more carefully.

Best answers
well heres an idea for the tele delay perhaps it would be possible to toggle the tele delay on or off before the game starts like when your setting up the game ya know leave it up to the host of the game that way everyone could be happy if you like the tele delay play in games with it enabled if you dont play in games with it disabled

Best answers
I have a blocking System

1. For Simple Melee
2. For Advanced Melee

Simple Melee:(if its possible)
Ok my block system will work like this. When your fighting someone who is using simple melee if you decide to block you have to press block almost as soon as the hit collides, or you will be stunned if you time it correctly. When you time the hit correctly the person who attacked you, you will push/knockthrow there attack away (a animation will play to show this), and then with they will be stunned for 1 sec, and cannot move away for that period of time leaving them open for a hit, but if you don't time the block right, and you hold it for too long or you press it too late you get hit.

This is what happens if you press it too late:
You take the hit like it is now.

This is what happens if you hold it for too long:
You get stunned, and you absorb half the damage of the attack, and you leave yourself open for another hit.

Simple Melee Blocking Idea 2:
While being attacked while holding block; If You hold block too long you will become stunned, or while your being attacked if you are holding block, and you are still being attack you will begin receiving more, and more damage.

Advanced Melee Idea 1:
Advanced Melee will work like it does now except now you can block instead of just dodge the attacks, and dodging now works different.

Purpose of dodging (making your attacker tired, and stunned, so you can counter, and shift up the action without having to wait your turn, but this also makes you tired.)

Purpose of blocking (it lets you absorb attacks, but if you absorb too much you get stunned, and begin to receive more, and more damage.)

So while you fight you will have to use both of blocking, and dodging so you won't 1. Waste ki, 2. Take alot of damage.

Also if you successfully dodge all of the attackers attacks. They are stunned for 2. Melee hits, on your turn to attack, so lets say you dodge all of there attacks, and then during your turn you perform a couple of block stuns. You have pretty much laid the smack down on there candy ass.

Best answers
i havent read this whole thread so i dont know what improvements have come up
bu i think its preety ausome from just reading the first post good work dude

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom