New melee system

Best answers
lol good suggestion but the Krillen idea is funny

Texas Chain Saw Massacre Reborn

"ahhhhh Run Its Chain Saw Mad Man Krillennnn"

nah instead he should fire 3 destructo disks which dont chop the enemy in half but injure em then he throws a big 1 and it slices em in half

Best answers
If 1.3 doesn't change much:

combo limit

Right now, the combos.. a little bit on the small size, so I was thinking...
You can do 2 combos max, if comming from the front, but if you can nail a side hit after it, it will count. After the side hit, you can only do a back-hit. If you start with the back-hit it doesn't matter but it'll give you 2 more combos. Of course the enemy player can try to counter by aiming his body so that a side hit will become a frontal hit and therefor wil not work.

Throws

When a player is being thrown by an enemy, the enemies' teammate can also throw him, by holding the left mousebutton when he collides with the flying player. This throw uses more ki and after 1 second (1 swing) he is automatically thrown again.

Animations

Whenever a player is being thrown, but his throwing enemy doesn't have enough ki, instead of a burst, why not make a kicking animation of somesort, makes more sence to me.

Advanced melee headons, seem kinda funny, they just stand there and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, a massive combo... And instead of pressing arrows, here is what I thought about.

Arrows will come up, one at a time, but over time they will appear and disappear faster. When a player has 3/5 arrows wrong first, he loses. Of course the arrows shouldn't be inhumanly fast, but enough to get you focus on it. Don't understand?

10 arrows max (example)

arrow 1 : displayed 1.5 second, 1 second pause
arrow 2 : displayed 1 second, 0.75 second pause
arrow 3 : displayed 0.8 second, 0.6 second pause
arrow 10 : displayed 0.1 second, 0.1 second pause.

If both players can manage to get enough arrows right (7 of 10) they will knock back like now.
If one of them wins, an animation is displayed, instead of insta-comb-outta-nowhere, he pulls his enemy back (or something, I dunno), kicks him in the stomach and then starts his combo. I think it'll look a bit more natural instead of instantly bashing the opponent. Also removes the "random problem"

When simple melee and advanced melee collide: first the simple melee hits,then the advanced. I think it should be other way around, first the advanced melee and later the simple melee with it's knockback. Again, this seems more logical to me.

Ow and btw, super buu is big.... just look at the pic hehe

Best answers
For the tele delay...

And yes this is on topic.. as it's a smalltweak/addition to the current system.

I'm aware it wont be changed in order to prevent scripters from tele'n across the map. But would it be possible to say... put a tele delay after like the third tele? I mean... every 3 teleports within a certain amount of time will cause a delay. This could prevent people from instantly going across the map. While also keeping tele useful in instant evasion.

Best answers
Ya I guess I too would like it to be removed, but I guess that's not up to me. Anyway, anyone got more suggestions or additions? Comments maybe?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just want that it wouldn't go by matching arrows. Even in 1.1 it was better. I think it should go by speed (go to New System Thread in sig).

Best answers
Pressing arrows isn't all that bad. The way they are used is most important. If you're in this kind of headon, you're gonna have to wait anyway. So might as well do something that requires a good brain (see -> act in a short time) instead of getting yourself mad at randoms. Of course any suggestions are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom