New Map System Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been said many times that you can turn off all the pretty graphical effects, so you should be fine. :)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been said many times that you can turn off all the pretty graphical effects, so you should be fine. :)
It has also been said by Raven that you most likely won't be able to play ESFF with everything turned off with this PC:

Code:
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2800+
2.08 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
GeForce FX 5200

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a geforce 5200 like 8 years ago. And that card was a piece of **** back then.

Seriously, I hated that ****ing card.

Half-Life of owner Proud
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I hope so. ^_^
Nothing more to say, just keep up the good work. :)

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But, once you get rid of them, what's really left of ESF Final?
Not much at the moment :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF honestly can't be too demanding performance-wise. if you can run the latest games on lowest graphics i'm pretty sure you will be able to run ESF quite fine.

In my opinion the planet map thing would really work well if it was implemented, I don't mean like that inter-planetary travelling, but for instance a king kai planet map, it would work really well there, but I guess it could get too complicated..meh. I man can dream :O

Maybe I should try and code it, but I would fail I can hardly code tetris...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Maybe the boundry can be enabled or disabled by the server? so the server can decide if you can fly from island to island or have a limited area :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Maybe the boundry can be enabled or disabled by the server? so the server can decide if you can fly from island to island or have a limited area :)
Now thats a silly idea. Do you really believe there is ground under water at the places you cant reach?

starting to fall there = infinite fall. Allso no ground = messed up calculation = beams blowing up in your face no matter where you are.

The boundary is very important.

Best answers
- Does this mean the HL exe will be replaced, and thus ESF:F being a 'new game' like CS?

- Could you use those new Boundry FX technique to create 'realistic' clouds ?

- Grega, a while back you showed us a simple 'breakable building' POC, and now you guys are using new maps methods, will there be room for breakable buildings in ESF:F ?

- Did something change in the network communication between the server and client ?

- We've seen there are no size limits, higher poly's, what are other features you COULD use with these new VBObjects (i'm thinking of dynamic terrain) ?

Once again, great work, I can't wait for it to be finished.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm faily confident you won't.
I remember when Raven said that there are no drastical changes of the HL1 engine and the game should run easily:) But now fail;(

It seems that ESF:F game will have many bugs and high performance requirements:shocked:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Now thats a silly idea. Do you really believe there is ground under water at the places you cant reach?

starting to fall there = infinite fall. Allso no ground = messed up calculation = beams blowing up in your face no matter where you are.

The boundary is very important.
i'm referring at the boundary from sides,not at the floor and ceiling.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember when Raven said that there are no drastical changes of the HL1 engine and the game should run easily:) But now fail;(

It seems that ESF:F game will have many bugs and high performance requirements:shocked:
No drastical changes to the HL1 Engine? The Goldsource engine was never meant to have bloom, specular lightning and all the other stuff they added, the entire engine has been hacked a million times over. That and you have to remember, editing a 10 year old engine and adding these effects won't and can't be as optimized as new engines that have these features built in.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No drastical changes to the HL1 Engine? The Goldsource engine was never meant to have bloom, specular lightning and all the other stuff they added, the entire engine has been hacked a million times over. That and you have to remember, editing a 10 year old engine and adding these effects won't and can't be as optimized as new engines that have these features built in.
This is biggest ESFF game scourge.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dutchmeat[nl];957135 said:
- Grega, a while back you showed us a simple 'breakable building' POC, and now you guys are using new maps methods, will there be room for breakable buildings in ESF:F ?
Im afraid that wont work here. Not to that extent like in the video. Itll look even worse than my text vids ATM ^^

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People need to stop worrying about the boundary. You guys really don't quite seem to grasp the scale of this yet. At normal swoop speeds, it still takes a long time to cross our current large maps. You will really have no need to go way the hell far out unless you're doing it just to do it. It won't come up in normal play.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The boundary seems to look quite similar to Tenkaichi ones.

[deleted stuff]

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You dont quite grasp what the boundary is im afraid.

Its nothing more than an animated map texture.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People need to stop worrying about the boundary. You guys really don't quite seem to grasp the scale of this yet. At normal swoop speeds, it still takes a long time to cross our current large maps. You will really have no need to go way the hell far out unless you're doing it just to do it. It won't come up in normal play.
Which I have no doubt in my mind players will take advantage of simply by going to one side of the map and lobbing spirit bombs, kamehameha waves and the like towards areas where the action is concentrated.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maps are big, spirit bombs are slower than turbo swoop speed and if you get locked on by an attack there will be a visual notice on the scouter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom