New game mode: Boss Mode

Would you like to see this in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Yes, but let me tell you what I'd like to change....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
+ no one said it's not already in the game or WIP
That's true, neither did I.

I was suggesting that he take the work into his own hands.

I don't mean this in a hostile manner, by no means. I'm just saying, perhaps if he could put this into the game, just for a test run to see how it'd work.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That's true, neither did I.

I was suggesting that he take the work into his own hands.

I don't mean this in a hostile manner, by no means. I'm just saying, perhaps if he could put this into the game, just for a test run to see how it'd work.
As i know it's possible to make this thing with AMX (somehow). I don't have any experience with it,but seeing what CS 1.6 was capable with amx ,then i think this gamemode would be easy to make for someone.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no guarantee that Metamod will work with ESFF.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah, you're right, but i was thinking of something more like building a test run in ESF 1.2.3 or Open Beta Final.

I know it's a bit different than ESF: Final, but it's something. We might be able to get a basic idea of how it'd work and what it'd be like.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESFF may work completely differently than 1.2.3 or OBF, so no point in doing anything with those versions as it may turn out to be a waste of time.

Though I hope that in the worst case scenario, Raven (or some other coder) could alter the Metamod (as it's open-source) for it to work with ESFF.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I believe they said it would be locked somehow and that only really good modders will be able to bypass that .

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I believe they said it would be locked somehow and that only really good modders will be able to bypass that .
I think you're thinking of Valve taking about people breaking into HL1's .dll files. I don't think the ESF team said anything like that. Why would they do that anyway?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Because they don't want people modifying the game too drastically. They will release a XML editor but even that will have a limited use ( will be locked ).

Grega or someone from the team can probably clarify this up so better ask them :D

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Because they don't want people modifying the game too drastically. They will release a XML editor but even that will have a limited use ( will be locked ).

Grega or someone from the team can probably clarify this up so better ask them :D
But it's a mod for Half Life 1... why on Earth would they limit access?

Besides, you can just edit XML with Notepad++, why would they make an XML editor?

Basically, what you are saying makes no sense whatsoever. Can someone from the dev team, a force pitter or even a long lasting member of the forum clear this up?!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it really matter? It's their game, if they don't want certain things tampered with then that's that. I honestly don't blame them.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm not complaining about the ESF: Final team, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning for not believing this person about the mods.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never accused you of complaining or not complaining, I simply said it doesn't matter because it's their game. To answer your question, unless things were changed, yes there will be restrictions. And again, I don't blame them.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm not complaining about the ESF: Final team, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning for not believing this person about the mods.

What Dam said and as far as i know and if I remember correctly that XML editor / XML file can be edited but only some things can be edited like effects or something. There are no much info on that all actually. When the game comes we'll see it all(or when devs release some info).

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I never accused you of complaining or not complaining, I simply said it doesn't matter because it's their game. To answer your question, unless things were changed, yes there will be restrictions. And again, I don't blame them.
Yes, I agree with you in that, however I do not see their reasoning well.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes, I agree with you in that, however I do not see their reasoning well.
Their minds can change and we don't know all the behind the scenes. As I said we have only seen graphics and a little of the actual gameplay. And we haven't seen the tools at all. And maybe the tools we have heard of is only one of some tools

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We never said that we would actively prevent metamod, or AMXX. But the new systems we are using will require greater skill to access, since they are pretty much custom created for ESF.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They will limit the XML Editor's capabilities so that we don't stray too far from the original ESF F version .

I have no reason to lie to you if that's what you re implying, I may however remember things wrong..

Grega would be nice if you would clear things up regarding the XML Editor? :D

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
They will limit the XML Editor's capabilities so that we don't stray too far from the original ESF F version .

I have no reason to lie to you if that's what you re implying, I may however remember things wrong..

Grega would be nice if you would clear things up regarding the XML Editor? :D
It's all fine now, Grega pretty much answered everything for me.

I interpreted your original message as an active prevention of Metamod & AMXX, but according to Grega, it isn't quite so. Anyway, as long as it isn't anything deliberate, I can understand it, if it entails greater control over the features of the game.

Anyway, there we are. Also, Grega, yeah, XML Editor? :|

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Thank you to everyone who voted in favor of this mode.

And no hard feelings to those who didn't. I got 2 'No' votes before i did a revision though... meh. Thanks anyways guys.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I voted for the Boss Mode in general, not necessarily the one you suggested. I think it may apply to some others voters as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom