New ESF 1.3 Concept

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't like the locked camera view idea, I don't find that there is any unfairness in camera views, some people feel certain camera views to be more comfortable/easier to play with.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@dark are u on this thread to accomplish something? or are u just here to aggrivate the thread maker?
both. i hate you and im trying to show you that your ideas are far too tedious, as kong said. your just trying to re-work the basics so that they aren't basics anymore. and guess what? you cant become better until youve mastered the basics, and what noob is gonna master all this bull****? im not sure even i could

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
both. i hate you and im trying to show you that your ideas are far too tedious, as kong said. your just trying to re-work the basics so that they aren't basics anymore. and guess what? you cant become better until youve mastered the basics, and what noob is gonna master all this bull****? im not sure even i could
I really don't care if you hate me.. that's your issue .. Now that you've stated your opinions.. are you ready to show me by actually quoting my ideas and showing me exactly HOW they are "tedious"??? OR are you going to continue to speak about my ideas in a general manner, because so far nothing I've posted is "tedious" aka "dull/tiresome" ingame.

As for the basics.. they deal with"movement" and i've yet to cover that completely, BUT if you haven't noticed the ideas i've put up so far MAKE MOVEMENT EASIER. They also befinit the NOOB as well as the EXPERIENCED PLAYER. But wait, you see this as too complex... so maybe you just dont understand it.. or maybe never will.. or better yet.. maybe you just dont want to understand it.. becuz after all, you did post the words
"I hate you."
----------------------------------
For anyone else looking at my ideas:

Fixed
Wall Jump:
-This works exactly the same as in esf 1.2, except now there is 1 new ability.
-Now a player may charge a Generica beam/ball attack while on the wall, before jumping. This includes when being knocked into a wall as well.
Also two new sections:
Mechanics of the Regular Swoop:
Option A:
The mechanics of this swoop works exactly like ESF 1.2's swoop. (This satisfies the few old players, while continually annoys the new players.)

Option B:
The mechanics of this swoop doesn't require a double tap and hold of any direction to swoop. Instead it now requires a player to first, hold the Powerup button, then press and hold any direction to swooping. Once a player has begun swooping, they no longer need to hold the powerup button. To change directions, a player only needs to press a different direction to begin swooping in that direction. Once a player has STOPED there swoop, by releasing the directional button, they must hold the Powerup button and press and hold any direction to begin another swoop.

Mechanics of the Turbo Swoop:
Option A:
The mechanics of this swoop works exactly like ESF 1.3 beta's swoop. ( This annoys the old player and limits freedom of movement, but may attract some new players. )

Option B:
The mechanics of this swoop involves ESF 1.3 beta's animation for the Turbo Swoop. In order to turbo swoop, the player only needs to first hold the Powerup button, then double tap and hold any direction. This causes the character to animate as if they're about to take off. When the character does take off into a boosted swoop(few seconds of delay), then the player may not change the direction of their swoop. They may only swoop in 1 direction and turn with the mouse.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im only doing this bull**** for your first post, so i hope thats where you made all your changes.

Ascending:
-While holding powerup a player must double tap Turbo in order to begin ascending. To continue you must continue to hold down Turbo and Powerup as the ascending animation plays out. If you wish to stop ascending simply let go of turbo or powerup.
useless? what the hells so hard about pressing Z. your gonna actually tell me that THAT is not complicating a simple action?

-Turbo can only be turned on when the Ki Meter, is at its' maximum.
why? noobs are just gonna find that annoying (not to mention us pros are too). the point of turbo is energy for power. as long as you have energy you should be able to use it. even if its barely any at all.

-Doubletap Jump to recover from a roll. After the recovery you will still slide back, until you "RecoveryJump" or stop sliding.
one jump is all you need.
-If you hold jump before your are slammed into the ground, you may press jump again while holding any direction to jump in that direction.
you already auto jump if your holding it.
-Now has a New Feature, when you catch yourself as your smacked into the ground or after recovering from a roll, if you hold jump and hold Forward, instead of pressing jump again, when the animation finishes your player will take off with a "Boosted Swoop".
this one i dont like because it's somewhat taking away your freedom. this isnt tenkaichi. YOU decide what you do after you jump off of the ground, if you want to swoop, you swoop. it doesnt need to happen automatically.
-Is the same as a normal swoop, except it has 1/2 the Ki Burn and it travels twice the distance of a normal swoop
dash is bad enough, why would this be better. are you trying to take out the ki control element?

Teleporting:
-Consumes Ki and Stamina.
-Has no delay, but a teleport can not overlap another teleport.
-You can only teleport up to 3 times when teleporting back to back, as fast as posible. This is because each teleport consumes 27pts of the a 100pointstamina bar. (Keep in mind that stamina recharges quickly)
-Players can teleport more often if they teleport gradually instead of spamming it.
so despite ANY Z fighter being able to do it indefinitely were gonna put MORE limits on it? im glad they got rid of the tele-delay but this stamina **** just completely ruins it. teleport is high speed movement. its not some major energy booster, its a melee technique. thats a key way for a noob to survive a pro assault, and that pro assault is how they learn to utilize it. im a key example. so...how are you not taking away the basics?

Basic melee:
-A new feature has been added to basic melee. Now a player can control which way they hit a player using L-Click and R-Click.
-If you hold R-Click and fly into an opponent, basic melee works "normally", you knock them back in the direction u hit them.
-If you hold L-Click and fly into an oppnent, your player will either hit the enemy straight up or straight down, depending on which position your closer to.(Example: If your located near the top of a player when you make contact, you'll hit them down, if your located on the bottum of a player when you make contact you'll hit them up)
- If you hold R-Click and L-Click you'll hit them directly to your right or left depending on which side your closer to when you make contact..(Example: If your located near the left of a player when you make contact, you'll hit them right, if your located on the right of a player when you make contact you'll hit them to your left)
-The New Features are blocked just like normal basic melee would be blocked(By facing the enemy), except the new features are much easier to block.. then the regular basic melee.
-The new features only effect the first basic melee hit, so a player may not continually bounce a player off the cieling.
i dont care much about this, seeing as advanced melee will always be useless when compared to basic. but are you try to add a 3rd? this "3rd" type of melee is comparable to teleporting to the right or left side and hitting them that way.

-In the Exchange Mode, both players exchange Rabbit Punches/Kicks for 4 seconds. During these 4 seconds, both players are playing a "Mini Game" that involves the mouse. In this mini game a hollow circle will appear in the middle of the screen. Each player's objective is to put their crosshair in the inside the circle. Of course, as the crosshair moves closer to the circle it becomes harder to move it towards it, because the crosshair will move and jerk in random directions. The frst player to move their crosshair inside the circle within 4 seconds will win the minigame and will overpower his opponent wth rabbit punches/kicks before knocking them back. If neither player wins then both players will be pushed apart without taking damage
this seems like something that'll be seriously advantaged to low pingers.

Ground Sprinting:
-This New Feature allows a player to run on the ground at a slightly slower pace then swooping.
-To activate this feature a player must double tap forward, which will cause them to begin swooping. Before the swoop ends, swoop into the ground and when the swoop stops, the player will then transition to Ground Sprinting. (You must be swooping forward for this to work.)
-While Ground sprinting, there is no limit to how far you can run,and there is no ki/stamina cost, yet your ki and stamina don't recharge until you've stopped sprinting.
-While Ground Sprinting you may also beam or Transition into a Recovery Jump.
-If you stop running, or attempt to change direction using the arrow keys. The you'll lose momentum and the Ground Sprint will cancel.
-Being hit by any beam will also disrupt the GroundSprinting action.
now THIS is something i can kinda agree with. but i would make it so that sprinting is just done by holding a button and i would give the ability to longjump while sprinting. sprinting is a little slower than a swoop but takes no ki.

Power/Strong Beam Attacks:
-Now has a new feature called "Power Change"(thanks for the name DJ)
-While charging a Power/Strong Beam, press and hold the Powerup button to charge your beam 2x faster, at the cost of burning ki 2x faster as well.
-When a PowerCharge is activated, the beam's splash damage will change. A fairly large buble surrounding the beam head would be the "main splash damage range", if the beam exploads while your in that range, you receive a good amount of damage. Outside of that beam-head-splashdamage-bubble, there would be a larger splash damage range. If your within that one when the beam exploads, then u recieve considerably less damage. Also, this kind of beam attack is much harder to turn or control.
while i wouldnt mind this, it would be easier to have beams just charge faster then slow down as it gets stronger. in essense, it starts out weak at the beginning (which is the minimum line) and ends very strong but takes a long time to charge.
New 3rd Mode Function For Generic Beam Attacks:
-To use this function, first charge up a Gen beam by using L-Click, then to fire press R-lick while still holding L-Click.
-The beam shoots in wide angle shotgun-like spray, effective for stopping a suprise attack while charging the beam.
just make a secondary attack for generic beam?

Swooping Speeds/Distance:
-Swooping speeds for each character are the exact same speeds in 1.2, except for the new characters who aren't in 1.2.
-The distance ALL players can travel in 1 swoop is exactly the same. For esf 1.3 all players fly the exact same distance, Goku flies in esf 1.2 with one swoop.
-This means Krillin will swoop longer then Goku, because he swoops slower then goku. This also means that Goku's swoops end quicker then Krillins because Goku flies faster.(This balances the different speeds of all players)
-This also applies when a player transcends, the player will gain speed, but the swooping distance will not change. (This makes a player who's faster use skill to make use of his quicker swoops)
your trying to balance all the characters for use in JUST melee when you should be finding ways to balance them using their abilities. krillins abilities are destructo disc and solarflare. hes more of a sneak attack kind of character while goku and vegeta are more for quick melee strikes and finishing with energy (outside of duels of course). 18 is completely melee oriented while cell is pretty much energy attacks. buu is a "medium" of the abilities. trunks and gohan are geared towards quick transformations. trunks actually needs to have his speed raised in SSJ. krillin is a character who would try to use destructo disc on an oncoming enemy, or solar flare to avoid being combo'd. hes a tactical/strategical character.

did i miss anyone?

what im saying is that your focusing ONLY on melee when the other aspects of the game continue to be ignored. id like to be able to use combination upon combination of energy attacks while i fight. thats why krillin is one of my favorites. hell if you want, ill even create my own thread for ideas on this.

Critical Slam:
-This is a New type of knockback that causes a player to fly back at extremly fast speeds. Like the "Critical Hit" from ESF 1.2, and does extra damage.
-To do a "Critical Slam", a player must find a player who's falling, then swoop into that player with basic melee. On contact, the Hit sound will be distinct.. and as the player goes flying back you hear the whistling sound of the wind.
sub had the idea to make back attacks do more damage. thats enough of a critical hit.

-Now a player may charge a Generica beam/ball attack while on the wall, before jumping.. this includes when being knocked into a wall.
that doesnt really make sense to do. make a quick wall recovery and be done with this idea.

Turbo Flight/Swoop:
-This is a swoop that's faster then the normal swoop, and it doesn't have a limited distance of how far you may fly.
-This flight not only consumes ki, but also stamina. The stamina consumed by this move recharges pretty slow. So when a player uses this move they must be carefull not to over use it or they may not have enough stamina for a while.
-This type of swoop is Mainly used to travel large distances at a faster speed. All types of melee can NOT be used when in this swoop mode. (Regular swooping, is an attacking swoop.)
i dont get it, something like that is already in. normal swoop was replace by that dash bull****.

Concentrated Energy Burst: (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sE2JDQ_ok 1:02 in watch piccolo )
-Once per life, a player may use this attack to knock back all players within range. A player presses Z to activate it. When used the character lets out a large yellow as a wave of energy bursts from him. If a player is hit by the way then they are knocked back, as if hit by basic melee. The wave disperses quickly, and does NOT take away from the speed of esf. The wave also fades away after 3 seconds. It can be blocked, and it can be used at ANY moment. Except while falling or being knocked back
this is pointless as well. using it only once per life makes it useless enough to not bother putting in and any more than that will unbalance the game towards the pro's.

Health:
-The same for all players for equality.
-When hit, your health recharges 50% of the damage taken. Your health recharge can be interupted by another attack. (Example: If your attacked for 80 damage, you'll gradually recover 40 hp. While recovering if someone ki blasts you then you'll only recover 50% of the damage that ki blast did to you.)
health restoring is unbalanced, and theres not much you can do too balance it, even with limits. in the future, punches are only gonna do a few damage each, or they are gonna raise the Hit Points by alot. this is pointless as well.

Stamina:
-It's purpose is to eliminate all sorts of spam.
-Reduces when your hit or when it's used.
-Recharges at different rates, depending on which move is used. Teleporting allows stamina to recharge quickly, while beaming causes it to recharge at slower paces, depending on which beam.
-If stamina goes lower then 15% the recharge rate changes to it's slowest possible rate.
stamina should be taken out. the only reason spam was a big problem in 1.2 is because of the teleport delay.

that should about do it

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
im only doing this bull**** for your first post, so i hope thats where you made all your changes.

Quote:
Ascending:
-While holding powerup a player must double tap Turbo in order to begin ascending. To continue you must continue to hold down Turbo and Powerup as the ascending animation plays out. If you wish to stop ascending simply let go of turbo or powerup.

useless? what the hells so hard about pressing Z. your gonna actually tell me that THAT is not complicating a simple action?

The games mechanics / feel has been improvised and so has the function of Z(the function of Z has been changed). This way of ascending flows better in gameplay(using my ideas) instead of the odd Z to watch urself trans. This way a player is participating in the act of transcending and may simply release the common controls held down to stop.

Quote:
-Turbo can only be turned on when the Ki Meter, is at its' maximum.

why? noobs are just gonna find that annoying (not to mention us pros are too). the point of turbo is energy for power. as long as you have energy you should be able to use it. even if its barely any at all.

There is a reason why, and if you would've bothered to quote the entire section u'de see why. Since turbo can't be lost by being hit and since it's EASIER to stay in turbo(Turbo can only be lost if a person is HIT into an object/solid).. it must also be slightly harder to get turbo for BALANCE.. not as if there is anything hard about getting a full ki meter now is it? Ontop of that it encourages players to play Aggressively to prevent another player from getting a full ki meter.

Quote:
-Doubletap Jump to recover from a roll. After the recovery you will still slide back, until you "RecoveryJump" or stop sliding.

one jump is all you need.

I suggested a DOUBLE tap, because this is a "RECOVERY" after all, and the rolling for esf 1.2 took a while to recover from. This one is slightly faster depending on how long u wait before jumping. You double tap to recover from the roll, then you jump again to "Recovery jump".Quote:
-If you hold jump before your are slammed into the ground, you may press jump again while holding any direction to jump in that direction.

you already auto jump if your holding it.

Recovery Jump:
-Works same as in 1.2
-If you hold jump before your are slammed into the ground, you may press jump again while holding any direction to jump in that direction.-Is now available after recovering from a role.
-Now has a New Feature, when you catch yourself as your smacked into the ground or after recovering from a roll, if you hold jump and hold Forward, instead of pressing jump again, when the animation finishes your player will take off with a "Boosted Swoop".
-The 2nd New Feature enables a player, during a recovery, to begin chargin any Beam Attack that allows you to move while charging it.

Its an explanation for those who DONT know how it works.

Quote:

this one i dont like because it's somewhat taking away your freedom. this isnt tenkaichi. YOU decide what you do after you jump off of the ground, if you want to swoop, you swoop. it doesnt need to happen automatically.

This DOESNT take away from freedom. This gives you the OPTION of boost swooping, IF you let the recoveryjump AUTOMATICLY jump while holding forward + jump it will go into this type of swoop. IF YOU catch yourself by holding jump then press a direction then press JUMP again, you JUMP in that direction. You misunderstood the idea.

Quote:
-Is the same as a normal swoop, except it has 1/2 the Ki Burn and it travels twice the distance of a normal swoop

dash is bad enough, why would this be better. are you trying to take out the ki control element?

How about you stop taking stuff OUT OF CONTEXT???? this belongs under the BOOSTED swoop section and ONLY applies to the BOOSTED swoop.

Quote:
Teleporting:
-Consumes Ki and Stamina.
-Has no delay, but a teleport can not overlap another teleport.
-You can only teleport up to 3 times when teleporting back to back, as fast as posible. This is because each teleport consumes 27pts of the a 100pointstamina bar. (Keep in mind that stamina recharges quickly)
-Players can teleport more often if they teleport gradually instead of spamming it.

so despite ANY Z fighter being able to do it indefinitely were gonna put MORE limits on it? im glad they got rid of the tele-delay but this stamina **** just completely ruins it. teleport is high speed movement. its not some major energy booster, its a melee technique. thats a key way for a noob to survive a pro assault, and that pro assault is how they learn to utilize it. im a key example. so...how are you not taking away the basics?

What!??! were Z fighters in a saiyan world???? or was this a video game?? This in NOT limit teleporting, it merely LIMITS the spamming capabilities of teleporting, meaning I wont be able to go teletleltelteltelteltel across the map unless i go tele,tele,tele with a slight pause between each one. I'm also capable of double tele'ing back to back without a pause, but i wont be able to tele again until 1 to 3 seconds later. DIDN't u read the part where it says (Keep in mind that stamina recharges quickly) THIS IS REFERING TO THE STAMINA THE TELEPORTING USES,, STOP TAKING TEXT OUT OF CONTEXT??

Quote:
Basic melee:
-A new feature has been added to basic melee. Now a player can control which way they hit a player using L-Click and R-Click.
-If you hold R-Click and fly into an opponent, basic melee works "normally", you knock them back in the direction u hit them.
-If you hold L-Click and fly into an oppnent, your player will either hit the enemy straight up or straight down, depending on which position your closer to.(Example: If your located near the top of a player when you make contact, you'll hit them down, if your located on the bottum of a player when you make contact you'll hit them up)
- If you hold R-Click and L-Click you'll hit them directly to your right or left depending on which side your closer to when you make contact..(Example: If your located near the left of a player when you make contact, you'll hit them right, if your located on the right of a player when you make contact you'll hit them to your left)
-The New Features are blocked just like normal basic melee would be blocked(By facing the enemy), except the new features are much easier to block.. then the regular basic melee.
-The new features only effect the first basic melee hit, so a player may not continually bounce a player off the cieling.

i dont care much about this, seeing as advanced melee will always be useless when compared to basic. but are you try to add a 3rd? this "3rd" type of melee is comparable to teleporting to the right or left side and hitting them that way.

No this is merely ADDS more capabilities with BASIC Melee
Quote:
-In the Exchange Mode, both players exchange Rabbit Punches/Kicks for 4 seconds. During these 4 seconds, both players are playing a "Mini Game" that involves the mouse. In this mini game a hollow circle will appear in the middle of the screen. Each player's objective is to put their crosshair in the inside the circle. Of course, as the crosshair moves closer to the circle it becomes harder to move it towards it, because the crosshair will move and jerk in random directions. The frst player to move their crosshair inside the circle within 4 seconds will win the minigame and will overpower his opponent wth rabbit punches/kicks before knocking them back. If neither player wins then both players will be pushed apart without taking damage

this seems like something that'll be seriously advantaged to low pingers.

I doubt it.

Quote:
Ground Sprinting:
-This New Feature allows a player to run on the ground at a slightly slower pace then swooping.
-To activate this feature a player must double tap forward, which will cause them to begin swooping. Before the swoop ends, swoop into the ground and when the swoop stops, the player will then transition to Ground Sprinting. (You must be swooping forward for this to work.)
-While Ground sprinting, there is no limit to how far you can run,and there is no ki/stamina cost, yet your ki and stamina don't recharge until you've stopped sprinting.
-While Ground Sprinting you may also beam or Transition into a Recovery Jump.
-If you stop running, or attempt to change direction using the arrow keys. The you'll lose momentum and the Ground Sprint will cancel.
-Being hit by any beam will also disrupt the GroundSprinting action.

now THIS is something i can kinda agree with. but i would make it so that sprinting is just done by holding a button and i would give the ability to longjump while sprinting. sprinting is a little slower than a swoop but takes no ki.

I suggested it this way so it's MUCH harder to spam, withyour suggestion someone could easily stop and go , stop and go.. with mine it's the same thing but they must make 1 full length swoop between each ground sprint.

Quote:
Power/Strong Beam Attacks:
-Now has a new feature called "Power Change"(thanks for the name DJ)
-While charging a Power/Strong Beam, press and hold the Powerup button to charge your beam 2x faster, at the cost of burning ki 2x faster as well.
-When a PowerCharge is activated, the beam's splash damage will change. A fairly large buble surrounding the beam head would be the "main splash damage range", if the beam exploads while your in that range, you receive a good amount of damage. Outside of that beam-head-splashdamage-bubble, there would be a larger splash damage range. If your within that one when the beam exploads, then u recieve considerably less damage. Also, this kind of beam attack is much harder to turn or control.

while i wouldnt mind this, it would be easier to have beams just charge faster then slow down as it gets stronger. in essense, it starts out weak at the beginning (which is the minimum line) and ends very strong but takes a long time to charge.

that could be good, except when used in a real fight a kameha.. EVEN a weak one having normal splash damage would still be too strong and unfair.

Quote:
New 3rd Mode Function For Generic Beam Attacks:
-To use this function, first charge up a Gen beam by using L-Click, then to fire press R-lick while still holding L-Click.
-The beam shoots in wide angle shotgun-like spray, effective for stopping a suprise attack while charging the beam.

just make a secondary attack for generic beam?

IT already has one, it's called a Generic ball attack

Quote:
Swooping Speeds/Distance:
-Swooping speeds for each character are the exact same speeds in 1.2, except for the new characters who aren't in 1.2.
-The distance ALL players can travel in 1 swoop is exactly the same. For esf 1.3 all players fly the exact same distance, Goku flies in esf 1.2 with one swoop.
-This means Krillin will swoop longer then Goku, because he swoops slower then goku. This also means that Goku's swoops end quicker then Krillins because Goku flies faster.(This balances the different speeds of all players)
-This also applies when a player transcends, the player will gain speed, but the swooping distance will not change. (This makes a player who's faster use skill to make use of his quicker swoops)

your trying to balance all the characters for use in JUST melee when you should be finding ways to balance them using their abilities. krillins abilities are destructo disc and solarflare. hes more of a sneak attack kind of character while goku and vegeta are more for quick melee strikes and finishing with energy (outside of duels of course). 18 is completely melee oriented while cell is pretty much energy attacks. buu is a "medium" of the abilities. trunks and gohan are geared towards quick transformations. trunks actually needs to have his speed raised in SSJ. krillin is a character who would try to use destructo disc on an oncoming enemy, or solar flare to avoid being combo'd. hes a tactical/strategical character.

did i miss anyone?

what im saying is that your focusing ONLY on melee when the other aspects of the game continue to be ignored. id like to be able to use combination upon combination of energy attacks while i fight. thats why krillin is one of my favorites. hell if you want, ill even create my own thread for ideas on this.

Did you read the name of that SECTION??? "Swooping Speeds/Distance:
"

That is all it covered..

Quote:
Critical Slam:
-This is a New type of knockback that causes a player to fly back at extremly fast speeds. Like the "Critical Hit" from ESF 1.2, and does extra damage.
-To do a "Critical Slam", a player must find a player who's falling, then swoop into that player with basic melee. On contact, the Hit sound will be distinct.. and as the player goes flying back you hear the whistling sound of the wind.

sub had the idea to make back attacks do more damage. thats enough of a critical hit.

Says who? I sill prefer my idea because LIKE in dbz when players fought, sometimes/often a player would be knocked back a GREAT distance away. My idea enables this.

Quote:
-Now a player may charge a Generica beam/ball attack while on the wall, before jumping.. this includes when being knocked into a wall.

that doesnt really make sense to do. make a quick wall recovery and be done with this idea.

It add freedom, and makes players MORE cautious about HOVERING over an enemy while he's down then as soon as he gets up on your on his back. THis one helps all players especially the new guy who definately wants you off his back.

Quote:
Turbo Flight/Swoop:
-This is a swoop that's faster then the normal swoop, and it doesn't have a limited distance of how far you may fly.
-This flight not only consumes ki, but also stamina. The stamina consumed by this move recharges pretty slow. So when a player uses this move they must be carefull not to over use it or they may not have enough stamina for a while.
-This type of swoop is Mainly used to travel large distances at a faster speed. All types of melee can NOT be used when in this swoop mode. (Regular swooping, is an attacking swoop.)

i dont get it, something like that is already in. normal swoop was replace by that dash bull****.

you dont get it? IN ESF 1.3 the TURBO Swoop or the NEW NORMAL swoop is WHAT this swoop is refering to. BUT IN MY IdEAS the NORMAL SWOOP is similar to the swoop of ESF 1.2. THIS IS NOT a NORMAL SWOOP.. this is the TURBO SWOOP.

Quote:
Concentrated Energy Burst: (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sE2JDQ_ok 1:02 in watch piccolo )
-Once per life, a player may use this attack to knock back all players within range. A player presses Z to activate it. When used the character lets out a large yellow as a wave of energy bursts from him. If a player is hit by the way then they are knocked back, as if hit by basic melee. The wave disperses quickly, and does NOT take away from the speed of esf. The wave also fades away after 3 seconds. It can be blocked, and it can be used at ANY moment. Except while falling or being knocked back

this is pointless as well. using it only once per life makes it useless enough to not bother putting in and any more than that will unbalance the game towards the pro's.

This is NOT pointless and will be savior of all noobs when the gang banging begins. This benefits ALL players and doesn't slowdown gameplay. I've played many games witih a similar feature and I can tell you its a great one to have.

Quote:
Health:
-The same for all players for equality.
-When hit, your health recharges 50% of the damage taken. Your health recharge can be interupted by another attack. (Example: If your attacked for 80 damage, you'll gradually recover 40 hp. While recovering if someone ki blasts you then you'll only recover 50% of the damage that ki blast did to you.)

health restoring is unbalanced, and theres not much you can do too balance it, even with limits. in the future, punches are only gonna do a few damage each, or they are gonna raise the Hit Points by alot. this is pointless as well.

This is NOT pointless, because people do complain dieing so easily, this makes it Possible to NOT die so easily, 2 inform you.. This half hp Recovery occurs gradually after 3 seconds of taking damage, you dont IMMEDIATLY recover hp.

Quote:
Stamina:
-It's purpose is to eliminate all sorts of spam.
-Reduces when your hit or when it's used.
-Recharges at different rates, depending on which move is used. Teleporting allows stamina to recharge quickly, while beaming causes it to recharge at slower paces, depending on which beam.
-If stamina goes lower then 15% the recharge rate changes to it's slowest possible rate.

stamina should be taken out. the only reason spam was a big problem in 1.2 is because of the teleport delay.

Stamina may as well be called the REPITITIVE, back to back move remover. IT IS needed but shouldn't influence the gameplay much, it should merely PREVENT spam.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he games mechanics / feel has been improvised and so has the function of Z(the function of Z has been changed). This way of ascending flows better in gameplay(using my ideas) instead of the odd Z to watch urself trans. This way a player is participating in the act of transcending and may simply release the common controls held down to stop.
i suggested something, well, actually you basically suggested what i did. after a while i figured out WHY its meaningless to do this. its because the game isnt geared towards the transformations. in anything those would need to be taken out in order to balance gameplay.

There is a reason why, and if you would've bothered to quote the entire section u'de see why. Since turbo can't be lost by being hit and since it's EASIER to stay in turbo(Turbo can only be lost if a person is HIT into an object/solid).. it must also be slightly harder to get turbo for BALANCE.. not as if there is anything hard about getting a full ki meter now is it? Ontop of that it encourages players to play Aggressively to prevent another player from getting a full ki meter.
the rest of the section was how turbo shouldve been/already is. turbo increases the hit boxes so that it acts the same as if you were turning faster. turbo is balanced because it burns ki to use. turbo, for me at least, is usually used out of desperation to do some major damage before i die. looking at it now, dont you usually press turbo AS your powering up? you do this so that if you were being attacked, you could stop recharging and move away with turbo on.
I suggested a DOUBLE tap, because this is a "RECOVERY" after all, and the rolling for esf 1.2 took a while to recover from. This one is slightly faster depending on how long u wait before jumping. You double tap to recover from the roll, then you jump again to "Recovery jump".
seems to complicate a simple recover by quite a bit.
This DOESNT take away from freedom. This gives you the OPTION of boost swooping, IF you let the recoveryjump AUTOMATICLY jump while holding forward + jump it will go into this type of swoop. IF YOU catch yourself by holding jump then press a direction then press JUMP again, you JUMP in that direction. You misunderstood the idea.
you seem to be the one that misunderstood. what i was getting at is that you can ALREADY do it. only thing that should be automatic is recovery.
How about you stop taking stuff OUT OF CONTEXT???? this belongs under the BOOSTED swoop section and ONLY applies to the BOOSTED swoop.
so i was wrong in assuming your trying to create another method of swooping that we dont need?

What!??! were Z fighters in a saiyan world???? or was this a video game?? This in NOT limit teleporting, it merely LIMITS the spamming capabilities of teleporting, meaning I wont be able to go teletleltelteltelteltel across the map unless i go tele,tele,tele with a slight pause between each one. I'm also capable of double tele'ing back to back without a pause, but i wont be able to tele again until 1 to 3 seconds later. DIDN't u read the part where it says (Keep in mind that stamina recharges quickly) THIS IS REFERING TO THE STAMINA THE TELEPORTING USES,, STOP TAKING TEXT OUT OF CONTEXT??
it is limiting teleporting, and saying "NUH UH" in 70 words wont change that. teleport SHOULD be spammable BECAUSE its melee. when you use pure melee your spamming that. when you constantly doing 3 hit rolls with a beam jump your spamming that. not EVERYTHING needs to be unspammable, only the attacks that can hit 5 people at a time.

No this is merely ADDS more capabilities with BASIC Melee
basic melee is, stay with me here, basic. the only thing that it is is a simple punch, which is why its also called simple melee.

I doubt it.
you would, because i doubt you think of much more than yourself when you come up with these ideas.

I suggested it this way so it's MUCH harder to spam, withyour suggestion someone could easily stop and go , stop and go.. with mine it's the same thing but they must make 1 full length swoop between each ground sprint.
its a sprint. they are running. even i can do that. why the hell can't it be spammable?

that could be good, except when used in a real fight a kameha.. EVEN a weak one having normal splash damage would still be too strong and unfair.
your idea doesnt really change that. its hard to even fully charge a gen beam and get a good hit with the splash damage without them jumping or teleporting away. it might charge faster but not much more than the generic beam. and even then you seem to be wasting alot of ki with this 2x ki burn, as the beams take alot as it is.
Did you read the name of that SECTION??? "Swooping Speeds/Distance:
"

That is all it covered..
you maybe missed what i was saying? i said that you were orienting the entire game solely around melee. while your beam idea was ok, its not really gearing it anywhere else other than knock your opponent down and blast them. i was telling you to put some real though into it and find a way to balance the game based on strategy and tactics. not health and speed.

Says who? I sill prefer my idea because LIKE in dbz when players fought, sometimes/often a player would be knocked back a GREAT distance away. My idea enables this.
first off, the team really liked the idea. sub has some decent connections. and second, its just pointless. sub's idea had strategy too it, yours is just trying to add critical hits either for your own gain or for the sheer look of it.

It add freedom, and makes players MORE cautious about HOVERING over an enemy while he's down then as soon as he gets up on your on his back. THis one helps all players especially the new guy who definately wants you off his back
im confused, i already am cautious when over an enemy cause i know i can get hit there. now im trying to understand this in 2 ways.
1. that you use the generic beam to run away by beamjumping automatically
2. its used to attack
the beamjump isnt as fast as it is in 1.2, youll get hit easily if you try to beamjump.
youll just damage yourself, especially if he blocks it.
you dont get it? IN ESF 1.3 the TURBO Swoop or the NEW NORMAL swoop is WHAT this swoop is refering to. BUT IN MY IdEAS the NORMAL SWOOP is similar to the swoop of ESF 1.2. THIS IS NOT a NORMAL SWOOP.. this is the TURBO SWOOP.
so...? you didnt really explain much. why is it needed?

btw, enough with the cap's bull****. its great to capitolize a word you want to be noticed, but your just sounding childish like this and its hard for me to take you seriously.

This is NOT pointless and will be savior of all noobs when the gang banging begins. This benefits ALL players and doesn't slowdown gameplay. I've played many games witih a similar feature and I can tell you its a great one to have.
hahah, i forgot. noobs are always gang-banged by every slightly good player in the server. it would NEVER take just one too take a noob down right?

point being, that, in this game, its pointless. it might be great for others, but its just gonna be a nuisance in this one.
This is NOT pointless, because people do complain dieing so easily, this makes it Possible to NOT die so easily, 2 inform you.. This half hp Recovery occurs gradually after 3 seconds of taking damage, you dont IMMEDIATLY recover hp.
it doesnt matter. notice when i said they were gonna raise health points, and lower damage. what i meant by "it doesnt matter" is that this problem has already been taken care of.

oh and people die so easily because of the 3 hit bull**** combined with a gen beam.
Stamina may as well be called the REPITITIVE, back to back move remover. IT IS needed but shouldn't influence the gameplay much, it should merely PREVENT spam.
beam spam, maybe. but there are some aspects that are meant to be spammed. especially anything melee oriented, or status changing. stamina is just hindering melee by making a limit to how fast you can go. whenever i tried to seriously fight in 1.3 i ended up too low on stamina. its one thing to be wary of your ki and health, but WHY the hell do we have to worry how much we teleport? wasnt that why teleport costed ki to begin with? we cant use it indefinitely as it is, why do we need another limiter?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
god, your predictable...

do you even realize that opinions matter? you said the same thing to a team member. OF COURSE hes entitled to his opinion but maybe you should pay attention to what hes saying? guess what, hes the one guy that actually cares about changing this mod.

why do you continue to post here? its not apparently to actually make the game better, because if it was you would figure out that opinions DO matter in this particular scenario.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am kind of Fun of Jinx Ideeas , it's nice to see some one from the comunity still cares about the game, and where is heading out, on topic Jinx ,go on and post as many ideeas as you can maybe you will get one that evryone likes

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I am kind of Fun of Jinx Ideeas , it's nice to see some one from the comunity still cares about the game, and where is heading out, on topic Jinx ,go on and post as many ideeas as you can maybe you will get one that evryone likes
Thanks Volkov.:p

god, your predictable...
why do you continue to post here? its not apparently to actually make the game better, because if it was you would figure out that opinions DO matter in this particular scenario.
Yes.. apparently the guy who made an entire thread(s) of ideas doesn't want to make the game better. And the guy who doesn't suggest ideas but simply tears them down by saying is useless/uneeded without any perspective of the all ideas working together @ once to shape a NEW esf, and not a patched esf 1.2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a lot of your ideas bring about the question, "what is the point." they just bring about extra addition to moves that are unnecessary for gameplay thus over-complicating the mod
. .

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
when you have 10 different ways to do the same exact thing, it gets complicated and tedious. keep the mod simple, and keep moves useful for that sole purpose. plus we want to finish the project, and adding all these unnecessary features are not needed and would just prolong anymore progress or anyway to completeness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you'd like use some of my ideas AS examples?

when your claiming my ideas have "10 different ways to do the same exact thing".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by imkongkong
a lot of your ideas bring about the question, "what is the point." they just bring about extra addition to moves that are unnecessary for gameplay thus over-complicating the mod
Your entitled to your opinion

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
enough of this, jinx. hes not just entitled to his opinion. he, as i do, have the right to criticize your ideas. this might be hard for you to believe but my entire 2 posts of criticism were NOT biased on the fact that i dis-like you. i said everything because it was true, even the half-idea i somewhat liked. you dont like that? too bad, its the truth and it wont disappear just because you cant admit that the ideas are over-complicated.

and there-in lies your own problem, you wont admit that there is a problem with all your ideas. but unlike the rest of us, you wont compromise on them and try to make them better.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
and like i said.. your entitled to your own opinion. Do you need a dictionary?

edit:

but unlike the rest of us, you wont compromise on them and try to make them better.
Correction:
My ideas dont bend to your opinions, its not like these ideas came out of the nowhere.. they've been thought through from the perspective of all of them corresponding within gameplay. Let me emphasize, that this doesn't mean they dont/wont change.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction:
My ideas dont bend to your opinions, its not like these ideas came out of the nowhere.. they've been thought through from the perspective of all of them corresponding within gameplay. Let me emphasize, that this doesn't mean they dont/wont change.
then change them. if you really thought them through then your WAY over-thinking them. or your basing your ideas of off something that has nothing too do with these games. either way, you arent changing them. all you keep doing is trying to find ways to say me and kong are wrong, despite giving you what you wanted and commenting on pretty much each suggestion.

edit:if they dont bend too opinion, how are they gonna change? the only reason i even reply to your threads is because i enjoy watching you flail at every response. this being one of the few times i actually respond to you, i'd listen. of course, i expect you to ignore it anyway, as you dont seem to have logic or listening skills.

dont delude yourself jinx. its not opinion, its fact. just because you THINK your ideas are good doesn't mean they are. stop being rude to others just because you cant face that. kongs a good guy and it's irritating enough seeing you disrespect him by saying that same tired ass line to him. i mean seriously, how old are you? you may as well be saying "i know you are but what am i?".

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
1) I wanted to the team to see my ideas. That's all.. I don't need your approval or anyone else's, Got that?

2) Are you not satisfied with your own opinion, or do you need this forum to become a ****ing nazi forums with you as the dictator to be satisfied.

3) I suggest you go make your own thread of ideas.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, you just want the game to be how you like it. luckily no one listens to your bull****. your inability to bend is why most of your ideas sucked.

all i did was criticize your ideas. i dont care if you cant handle that. hell, you even asked for it.

i did, and people actually liked them.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omfg this tread is a complete bible.....I´m afraid to sleep while reading it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
no, you just want the game to be how you like it.
Stop making assumptions.

2ndly, get off my thread? And go create your own thread of ideas. Does it hurt u so much when another person epresses their opinion on how to improve esf that u have to come and try to influence them with "insults" and ridiculous comments?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im stating that your ideas probably wont be looked at seriously by the team because of the previous reasons stated above

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom