New ESF 1.3 Concept

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Better idea, Why don't we just copy Tenkaichi 2? :fight:

Then we don't have to read Jinx's suggestions again.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Or, you could go play Tenkaichi 2 if you wanted to play it so much.

As for anyone else looking at my ideas, the concentrated energy burst and Ground Sprinting has been expained in a bit more detail.

Also there are new sections at the bottum of the post.

Concentrated Energy Burst: (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sE2JDQ_ok 1:02 in watch piccolo )
-Once per life, a player may use this attack to knock back all players within range. A player presses Z to activate it. When used the character lets out a large yell as a wave of energy bursts from him. The wave disperses quickly, and does NOT take away from the speed of esf. The wave also fades away after 3 seconds. If a player is hit by the wave then they are knocked back, as if hit by basic melee. It can be blocked, and it can be used at ANY moment. Except while falling or being knocked back.
Ground Sprinting:
-This New Feature allows a player to run on the ground at a slightly slower pace then swooping.
-To activate this feature a player must double tap forward, which will cause them to begin swooping. Before the swoop ends, swoop into the ground and when the swoop stops, the player will then transition to Ground Sprinting. (You must be swooping forward for this to work.)
-While Ground sprinting, there is no limit to how far you can run,and there is no ki/stamina cost, yet your ki and stamina don't recharge until you've stopped sprinting.
-While Ground Sprinting you may also beam or Transition into a Recovery Jump.
-If you stop running, or attempt to change direction using the arrow keys. The you'll lose momentum and the Ground Sprint will cancel.
-Being hit by any beam will also disrupt the GroundSprinting action.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it doesnt seem to matter how much you change or add ideas. your just over-complicating the game.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You've already stated that, and your 2nd post saying the same thing isn't needed.

Its not complicated at all, it adds variety, and more.. NOT complexity. Which indeed is something the game needs considering how lop-sided the game can be when u put a noob and a pro in the server.

If you think you can make ideas better then mine I WELCOME YOU to do so, ON YOUR OWN thread.

For anyone else checking out my ideas here are some new Sections.

Swooping Speeds/Distance:
-Swooping speeds for each character are the exact same speeds in 1.2, except for the new characters who aren't in 1.2.
-The distance ALL players can travel in 1 swoop is exactly the same. For esf 1.3 all players fly the exact same distance, Goku flies in esf 1.2 with one swoop.
-This means Krillin will swoop longer then Goku, because he swoops slower then goku. This also means that Goku's swoops end quicker then Krillins because Goku flies faster.(This balances the different speeds of all players)
-This also applies when a player transcends, the player will gain speed, but the swooping distance will not change. (This makes a player who's faster use skill to make use of his quicker swoops)

Critical Slam:
-This is a New type of knockback that causes a player to fly back at extremly fast speeds. Like the "Critical Hit" from ESF 1.2, and does extra damage.
-To do a "Critical Slam", a player must find a player who's falling, then swoop into that player with basic melee. On contact, the Hit sound will be distinct.. and as the player goes flying back you hear the whistling sound of the wind.

-----------------------------
---To be continued ---
-----------------------------

Wall Jump:
-This works exactly the same as in esf 1.2, except now there is 1 new ability.
-Now a player may charge a Generica beam/ball attack while within the wall, before jumping.

Turbo Flight/Swoop:
-This is a swoop that's faster then the normal swoop, and it doesn't have a limited distance of how far you may fly.
-This flight not only consumes ki, but also stamina. The stamina consumed by this move recharges pretty slow. So when a player uses this move they must be carefull not to over use it or they may not have enough stamina for a while.
-This type of swoop is Mainly used to travel large distances at a faster speed. All types of melee can NOT be used when in this swoop mode. (Regular swooping, is an attacking swoop.)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've already stated that, and your 2nd post saying the same thing isn't needed.
it is needed if your gonna constantly change and add things. it doesnt need to be hard too do to be complicated. all there needs to be is an over-abundance of **** too do to over-whelm a noob.

if your still wondering what im getting at, this is too much. theres a reason theres not 5 different kinds of melee. even 2 forms is pushing it. if you try to add more than the basics and necessities (and try to take them out) your just complicating the game

you can count that the third time ive told you, even though you probably wont understand at all.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
it is needed if your gonna constantly change and add things. it doesnt need to be hard too do to be complicated. all there needs to be is an over-abundance of **** too do to over-whelm a noob.

if your still wondering what im getting at, this is too much. theres a reason theres not 5 different kinds of melee. even 2 forms is pushing it. if you try to add more than the basics and necessities (and try to take them out) your just complicating the game

you can count that the third time ive told you, even though you probably wont understand at all.
Your entitled to your opinion, and there is only 1 type of melee, that i've put up on this thread, and even that remains the same + my ideas that EXTENDS what's possible with it NOT OVER COMPLICATING IT.

And NO there isn't too much "to do", this is MORE you CAN DO.

Fixed
Basic melee:
-A new feature has been added to basic melee. Now a player can control which way they hit a player using L-Click and R-Click.
-If you hold R-Click and fly into an opponent, basic melee works "normally", you knock them back in the direction u hit them.
-If you hold L-Click and fly into an oppnent, your player will either hit the enemy straight up or straight down, depending on which position your closer to.(Example: If your located near the top of a player when you make contact, you'll hit them down, if your located on the bottum of a player when you make contact you'll hit them up)
- If you hold R-Click and L-Click you'll hit them directly to your right or left depending on which side your closer to when you make contact..(Example: If your located near the left of a player when you make contact, you'll hit them right, if your located on the right of a player when you make contact you'll hit them to your left)
-The New Features are blocked just like normal basic melee would be blocked(By facing the enemy), except the new features are much easier to block.. then the regular basic melee.
-The new features only effect the first basic melee hit, so a player may not continually bounce a player off the cieling.

This makes it possible to easily hit a person PERPENDICULARY UP/DOWN OR LEFT/RIGHT. These will be usefull to all players, especially those who haven't learned to aim where they hit a player.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
learn programming and help program and then say it's not overly complicating

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
the programming may be complicating.. but the ideas are not. So recognize that..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, thats something i forgot to mention. thanks kong.

the programming may be complicating.. but the ideas are not. So recognize that..
i suppose that makes any kind of difference?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally am for disabling wall/beam jumping off the skybox alltogether. But changing a walljump into a beamjump is OK. As long as you cant use the beam to shoot while you walljump off.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm with Grega on the sky box thing, but as for the beam jump thing lemmie clarify how it works..

All i suggested really.. was making it POSSIBLE to "charge a beam" while in the wall, not shooting it. This also works when knocked into a wall.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
while in it? when is that gonna happen?

i suggested a while ago that when you get slammed into a wall you dont stick too it unless your really low on ki. you do more of a rebound. like if you were to be thrown into the wall you would flip, land feet first, and vault off. wouldnt something like that be a little more efficient?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a lot of your ideas bring about the question, "what is the point." they just bring about extra addition to moves that are unnecessary for gameplay thus over-complicating the mod

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
"unnecassary"?

Well.. your entitled to your opinion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you have 10 different ways to do the same exact thing, it gets complicated and tedious. keep the mod simple, and keep moves useful for that sole purpose. plus we want to finish the project, and adding all these unnecessary features are not needed and would just prolong anymore progress or anyway to completeness

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Perhaps you'd like use some of my ideas AS examples?

when your claiming my ideas have "10 different ways to do the same exact thing".

@dark are u on this thread to accomplish something? or are u just here to aggrivate the thread maker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom