(new) beta questions (manual confusion- help!)

Best answers
Some questions id like answering after reading the manual:

1. Struggles - the manual says you've only got to hold the mouse? i thought u had to tap it (thats what i did in the alpha!), although i can see why you dont have mouse tapping (because of the people who create scripts to auto-click)

2. Blocking & Deflecting an attack - when holding the mouse down to deflect an attack, do you still have to hold the block key at the same time?

3. Do all characters start off with sensu beans? According to the 'characters' section in the manual, they do.

4. Does Trunks seem incredibly weak to anyone else? Not only do his attacks seem weak, but his starting PL is low

5. Whats the deal with the 'Perfect Transformation Powerlevel' that the Saiya-jins have? Will it give you a higher PL multiplyer if you power up with a base PL of equal to the perfect transfrom PL?

6. Will the team be releasing a version of the beta that WONT include the mp3's and manual? I reckon will save 25Mb of download - thats a fair few hours saved when you are on 56k

...and im spent...thx

Best answers
1. In a power stuggle you hold down the left mouse button to push your beam forward. There is no taping.

2.I believe to block and defect attacks you hold down the block button, no mouse buttons.

3.Thats section lists their attacks. sensu beans means that they can select that as a attack, dosen't mean they start off with some. Have to go find em yourself.:p

4.Trunks dosne't seem weak to me, I mean he has some nice attacks , including one that blinds people. Plus he gots a sword.:devil:

5.'Perfect Transformation Powerlevel' Means that when that charactor get to that power level they will be able to transform instantly. So as you get you PL higher after your first transformation the transformation time takes less and less , untill you hit the 'Perfect Transformation Powerlevel' then you transform instant.;)

6.I'm not sure of this , but I highly dout they would make a seprate installer just for afew small files. :talk:

I've answerned your question to the best of my knowledge.

Best answers
ive got a question, a while back, vassago posted a pic of super buus face and it said beta teaser, then everybody said it was for beta 2, then some of the mods and beta testers said it was in fact for beta 1, yet the manual doesnt say anything about that, so is it not going to be included, or are some parts of the beta still secret?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, Super Buu isnt in Beta 1!! Altho, I wish he was!!

Best answers
awwww nertz. well as long as the next version of the beta doesnt take another year to come out, i wont cry about it, even if it does i wont cry about it because i can see this year of work has definetly payed off

Best answers
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Previously Posted by MONXver2.0
4.Trunks dosne't seem weak to me, I mean he has some nice attacks , including one that blinds people. Plus he gots a sword.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Compared to Buu, he seems pretty weak. His starting pl is 650,000 while Buu's is 1,500,000. Also, according to the manual his only attacks before he turns ssj is melee, ki blast, burning attack and sensu beans. The burning attack is weak. SO until he turns ssj, he doesnt have any moves!!!

Best answers
He also has the generic beam just like everyone else, it just wasint in the manual;)

Mog

Best answers
i didnt think trunk's sword was gonna in beta 1? i can remember a team member saying it wasnt ready or something... i hope im wrong tho :rolleyes:

Best answers
hmmm when you guys add trunks sword in the next version.how will the sword be used?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm. We'll figure something out :)

ultrassj_vegeta

U
i reckon there should be mouse tapping for power struggles, this would mean that people of lower powerlevel would actually have some chance of beating a higher pl... this would add gameplay.. as people with insanely higher pls wouldn't have to work as much as they did.... but if they tried really hard they could still beat them.... perhaps they should work something out where the faster u tap, the more chance of winning the power struggle, but the higher pl u r, the less u hav to click to win......

Best answers
Originally posted by ultrassj_vegeta
i reckon there should be mouse tapping for power struggles, this would mean that people of lower powerlevel would actually have some chance of beating a higher pl... this would add gameplay.. as people with insanely higher pls wouldn't have to work as much as they did.... but if they tried really hard they could still beat them.... perhaps they should work something out where the faster u tap, the more chance of winning the power struggle, but the higher pl u r, the less u hav to click to win......
but low pls have to lose the whole time. and what about those people with scripts??? they simply make fire1;fire1;fire1;fire1;fire1 tap that 5 times and then they have 25 times and win.

and with the idea low pls wouldnt have a chance if the higher pl guy simply taps as fast as the low... it is better the way they did it.

Best answers
in the alpha every one would go goku, just for his high power level, then afew go vegeta and trunks, will beta1 make people want to preade out more, so that not everyone will go goku?

Best answers
in the alpha a lot of ppl when vegeta because he is the strongest character in the alpha with BB and FF its just tooo much.

i suppose goku had spirit bomb :S it sucked then. but i still played goku he MY character :)

Vassago

V
Yes of course. We have gone through a lot of painstaking research and tweaking to be able to correctly balance the gameplay. Vegeta and Goku are no longer the player whores they used to be, since all the other characters are just as formidable now. Sure, Vegeta's Big Bang and Final Flash are pretty damn strong still, but Krillian's homing attack can be fired from afar, and Gohan's shield can protect him. Get the picture? We have made it a fair fight between the characters now, so there are no longer a set few that people always need to be. Every character is good now ;)

Although, I'm always Vegeta though (he's my dooder) :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always play veggie. Or sometimes piccolo.

LOL. I hope GG is stronger cause else us veggie players are gona get a hard time. :p

Best answers
Another Question

How effective is Gohans shield 'attack' at blocking beams? i.e does it asborb some/all damage and take this amount away from your ki? will it only work if u have a higher pl?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah is was wondering the same.or does it just push other people away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom