New Beam Push Back Idea

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Okay I've seen some different versions of this, but I'm somewhat worried that it could slow down gameplay. So, I came up with this way of adding a beam pushback effect that can add strategy while giving the word "Defence" a whole new meaning.

Okay for example, lets just say a ki blast has a push-back effect when your hit by it.

This is how it works.

If I'm swooping at you, and you hit me with a ki blast.. instead of literally pushing me back.. and forcing me to side-step the beam.. which could possibly slow down gameplay..

The beam could instead, cause me to automatically swoop backwards.

So if im holding forward when im hit.. ill still chain swoop backwards, and if I want I can continue attacking by moving left/down/right/up then going forward again.

This way, ki blasts would be used tactically as a defense when trying to hold your ground.

Also, this knockback effect should only works when a player is "not blocking". So, even if you hit someone in the back, as long as they're blocking they will not be forced into starting a back swoop.

Ki blasts should expload on contact, even if you block.. but if you block them..they do no damage, and when they expload a cloud of smoke should appear.(the smoke you see when you shoot a kameha).

Ki blasts should still do some damage tho if you block, when a player's PL is Far Greater then yours.

The smoke caused by ki blasts can act as a good cover for a suprise attack, especialy if you've been hit by more then one.( a good example of this is if your on the ground and being hit with a lot of them) This could give you enough cover to teleport without your opponent knowing where you went, giving you enough time to recover
---------------------------
Another perspective.

Lets say ki blasts had this effect, and you were attacking someone..

Lets say they turn their back to you an run.. well hit them with a ki blasts and you could slow them down.

---------------------------

EDIT

Also another idea..

Why now allow ki blasts to be shot while swooping, but it should slightly different.

The rate of fire should be much slower, and the delay for the ki blast to shoot should be longer. During the delay, before actually shooting the ki blast, if I'm looking at you when your about to shoot, i should be able to clearly see a ki blast in your hand or some kinda flare signaling that your about to shoot..

This prevents a "laming" of the move's knockback effect, and adds more strategy to the gameplay.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Apart from the thing that kiblobs need a new sprite (you mentioned smoke) i find the idea really anoying for gameplay.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
How so =]?

If you really think about it..

When a new player joins in.. this would be his main line of defense besides running lol, but it would be enough to keep him coming back for more.

from the pro perspective.. you have to really think about when this kinda attack would be used..

its not like you'd be able to use it and hit some guy a far distance away..

this move will be mostlikely used on CLOSE up encounters.

right before your about to hit someone, BAM.. your hit with a ki blasts and a wall of smokes is their for confusion as your in back swoop your opponent teleports up and you continue your attack by swooping left then forward...

Well.. if the idea could be annoying.. then perhaps the Ki blasts single fire could actuallly be given a "Charge up" ability and when charged to the max it delivers this kind of "knockback" effect if your hit by it

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe the second idea is better! but i don't know how it will affect gameplay!

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, the question that comes to my mind is why? Why would this be a change for the good? Why does the way it currently works need to be changed? Plus, as was said, this would be annoying.

As for the kiblasts while swooping idea, if you you allow me to do so, i'm never going to stop shooting kiblasts. It's just how I roll.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well

Ki blasts were just an "example".

I dont see how it would be annoying =o tho.

its not like you auto swoop back until you change directions.

You only swoop backwards while holding the "direction" you were holding when you were hit.

So as soon as your hit.. you could change direction without stoping to continue attacking or drift backwards and reset for another attack.

It doesn't stop your swoop, it merely changes the direction of your swoop.

This would make new players less of an easy target. Mostlikely this would be the first skill new players would develop. "accuracy"... which can transfer to block skills, and swoop skills..

as for strategy gameplay.. this would make fighting more "thought" out, and less wam-bam-thank-you-mam-goodnight~~ if used correctly.

Meaning people could live longer.

In the show.. there is always that suprise beam that a character has to dodge or block while they're attacking.

Is it needed? no, are ki blasts needed? no.. but they do "Add" more fun plus depth to the gameplay

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't stop your swoop, it merely changes the direction of your swoop.
Thats the anoying part.

One second im swooping forward and now just because i get hit by a blast i change it backwards the next moment. WTF

To go forward again i need to chain swoop 2 times burning up more KI or id have to stop the swoop manually just to be able to swoop forward again.

Thats what i find extreemly anoying.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Hmm yea kinda annoying for gameplay

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
getting knocked out of swoop/fly gliding (falling) off course but still in the general direction you were swooping at sounds better

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
getting knocked out of swoop/fly gliding (falling) off course but still in the general direction you were swooping at sounds better
Isnt something like that the way it is now?

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now meanig 1.2.3

If you get hit by a strong beam you just get knocked out of swoop. If the beam is not strong enough you continue the swoop.

The Prodigy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
NGE will love this too much.. lol

But on a serious note, I would prefer more of a main melee game idea, as in, more fun melee, and less spamming ki blasts.. it may be a little cool at first but after awhile it will just be painfully annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom