Monitor Refresh Rate problem

Best answers
I just got a new monitor, it says the 2 refresh rates it can handle are 60, and 70. 60 works fine, but when I try to put it on 70, my monitor just does "Sync. Out of Range" . Really would appreciate help, 60 hertz is hurting.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's connected to your desktop resolution. The higher the resolution, the lower the refresh rate will be.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You sure you installed the monitor drivers, I know some Monitors come without them, but if you installed them you can be pretty much sure that you will be given the right rates and nothing like that happends, well assuming everything else works fine. But dude, if it let's you down by 70hz the monitor can't be that new can it ??

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
core | Raven said:
You sure you installed the monitor drivers, I know some Monitors come without them, but if you installed them you can be pretty much sure that you will be given the right rates and nothing like that happends, well assuming everything else works fine. But dude, if it let's you down by 70hz the monitor can't be that new can it ??
It's not the drivers.

Nvidia Forums said:
The refresh rates of a monitor is far lower than that of a video card. Just check out the manual of you video cards and you will find that they work in the 2k range with 85 Hz. The monitor is the one that can't support higher refresh rates. You can simply check the maximum output (max rr) of the monitor by dividing the horizontal refresh rate (its expressed in KHz) by the vertical pixels of you resolution - 10%.

For example: 85000 (85KHz) / 768 (1024*768) = 110,677 - 10% ~ 100Hz So you can have a maximum refresh rate of 100Hz if you monitor supoprts 85Khz as Horizontal refresh rate.

Best answers
It's new, it's just that it was set at 1600x1200. I'm at 1280x1024 now with 75 hertz.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
60hz is really an eye saw for me and I will literaly get a head ache after sitting on a computer that has a refresh rate of 60hz set after a few hours, that's why I make certain that I always set the screen refresh rate higher regardless of resolution. I myself have both my screens set at 1280x1024 @ 80hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom