Minion special forces?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I tested for a while, It's not that fun.

Just wait for the actual release
the version they test now does look like fun to me, i find it fun to find bugs :D

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if you're simply trolling or what your problem is, but no, he didn't actually mean that. I was just correcting him.
Yes, I actually did mean that. You weren't registered on the forums and I guarantee you were never around on IRC. So again, you weren't around for any of the **** that actually went down

edit:

To clear things up a bit and give the people who were not there.

Ill be naming as few names as i can (as in 0 names).

Someone was banned from the forum for reasons that quite honestly im not even sure of to this day. I heard to many variations of it. So he decided to steal the forum database with the help of someone who was on the dev team at the time. Thts how the source code got stolen and forum got hacked. The passwords of the user accounts got stolen and as such they had access to the administration accounts.

They then launched a site for Minion Special Forces with a count down timer. Someone else on the dev team at the time DDOS attacked the site a few times (with no success), but when the countdown timer reached 0 the email with the link to the game was sent round from an administrative account. The version that was stolen actually had a terrible bug. As in you crashed the game by shooting any KI attacks.

The Broken seals forum was mostly a joke, though from that joke some people decided to make NNK. Afterwards the ESF forum went on a purge. Lots of people were banned for linking to the leaked game, even if they were not cooperating with the hackers.

The leak was the last straw for the team who at the time was pretty much down on activity. So they decided to go with an Open Beta release idea. The idea was to make a direct copy of the inteam once a month and have the community help out testing. It didnt really work out well, so the releases became more and more seldom until finally it was decided to stop them with a release named Open Beta Final. I think all in all it was round 17 or 18 releases in the span of 2 years with nearly no positive results from them.

The people, who helped by testing the Open Beta, checking the bugs list and reporting new bugs, were given the chance to join the project as official testers. And thats how the story of MSF and the Open Beta goes. And while its true that the dev team at the time was pretty down on activity, there were no talks of abandoning the project.
NNK had nothing to do with Broken Seals. Again, all that came out of it was just a name and a website. And a ModDB page.

That's also not really the full story and you left out some details. :p

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, like the part where I come in and save ESF.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You really want me to post full details on your participation?

As for NNK. Kong was one of the people who started NNK. Broken seals was what kinda gave him the idea to just go and do it.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
So in a way, I was the reason why NNK started?!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Only if you want to blame Stalin's wife for dying, ultimately unleashing a monster upon the world.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well dang I didn't mean to open up an old can of worms haha but like I said I find the history pretty interesting :p Thanks for your replies guys (I guess I'll take what I can get, if it's the truth or not)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
True story, no matter what Damaera says.

Dunno why but it made me laugh slightly. Guess its cause you two go back and forth.

I remember MSF.... Still got a copy of it on my External as part of an Archive type deal. One of every (Public) ESF/EVM/ECX/RaD/Evossj4/WoD.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I actually did mean that. You weren't registered on the forums and I guarantee you were never around on IRC. So again, you weren't around for any of the **** that actually went down
Okay, although it was posted 3 days ago, I decided to not ignore you as most people do and reply.

Now, let's analyze what was said before. This is what I wrote once Sub revealed the true story regarding the matter of OP:

Okay, I was probably misinformed then. The **** I posted above was what I've heard for someone who now appears to be a Damaera supporter, who deliberately hidden the truth and spoke random nonsense instead.
So, in a more simple way (which you need in order to understand things), I told that I heard all the crap I wrote before from someone else. Which means I didn't experience all that crap myself, but heard from someone else, which already suggests that I don't really know what really happened. The other point was that the person I heard all that crap from is apparently your supporter, as all that crap I heard from him wasn't anyhow related to you. And that, according to Sub's true story, is wrong, because you're the one guilty for all the bad things that happened to ESF. I hope we're clear about things so far, otherwise just make me know about what you didn't understand.

Now, you wrote this:

What the **** is there to support? You weren't even around when all this **** went down, stop talking out of your ass.
So, what the **** is there to support? You, obviously, for an already mentioned reason above. And about me not being around when all this **** went down, I'm pretty sure I kinda implied that myself before you posted that.

And lastly, OK, I wasn't on IRC when all that **** went down. However that's not what you wrote. I'm pretty sure I was a visitor of ESF forums long before I registered, so I kinda was there. In a way.

Glad I could clear things up for you.

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, although it was posted 3 days ago, I decided to not ignore you as most people do and reply.

Now, let's analyze what was said before. This is what I wrote once Sub revealed the true story regarding the matter of OP:

So, in a more simple way (which you need in order to understand things), I told that I heard all the crap I wrote before from someone else. Which means I didn't experience all that crap myself, but heard from someone else, which already suggests that I don't really know what really happened. The other point was that the person I heard all that crap from is apparently your supporter, as all that crap I heard from him wasn't anyhow related to you. And that, according to Sub's true story, is wrong, because you're the one guilty for all the bad things that happened to ESF. I hope we're clear about things so far, otherwise just make me know about what you didn't understand.

Now, you wrote this:

So, what the **** is there to support? You, obviously, for an already mentioned reason above. And about me not being around when all this **** went down, I'm pretty sure I kinda implied that myself before you posted that.

And lastly, OK, I wasn't on IRC when all that **** went down. However that's not what you wrote. I'm pretty sure I was a visitor of ESF forums long before I registered, so I kinda was there. In a way.

Glad I could clear things up for you.
You're an idiot. Stop trying so hard.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I know everyone except for hlev ignores you, but I'm not going to so here is my post where I don't ignore you.

First off, here is your post.

Now, this post is crap, and if you don't know it is crap allow me to inform you that it is crap. Okay, moving on. Now, if we really want to understand this post, we have to break it down a little bit.

First off:

Damaera said:
Okay, to me, this means "You are". So I can't tell if you're talking to me, as in "I is" which doesn't make any sense Dam, that's stupid, or if you're trying to talk to someone else, but forgot to say their name, because you're talking to me when I read the post.

If you have questions up to this point, please let me know.

Okay, so we've dismantled the first part of your argument, and now we're going to move on with the rest.

Damaera said:
....idiot. Stop trying so hard.
Okay, so to me this means he's trying really hard to be an idiot, and you're like (this is you talking now) "Hey man, stop trying to be an idiot SO HARD". That doesn't really make sense to me, man. I think maybe you're confused or what not? Wot wot? You know? Okay, but here's the real kicker. This is where I really get teed off, you know?

Damaera said:
Last edited by Damaera; Today at 03:16 PM.

It took you 4 minutes to decide to settle on calling him an idiot. Because you posted at 03:12 PM, my time. Alright, so this means you posted something, probably not what you later posted, and then changed it to something that it wasn't when you first posted. Now, to me, this is false advertisement. And that's illegal.

If you have questions, please ask.

edit:

Okay, I know everyone except for hlev ignores you, but I'm not going to so here is my post where I don't ignore you.

First off, here is your post.

Now, this post is crap, and if you don't know it is crap allow me to inform you that it is crap. Okay, moving on. Now, if we really want to understand this post, we have to break it down a little bit.

First off:

Damaera said:
Okay, to me, this means "You are". So I can't tell if you're talking to me, as in "I is" which doesn't make any sense Dam, that's stupid, or if you're trying to talk to someone else, but forgot to say their name, because you're talking to me when I read the post.

If you have questions up to this point, please let me know.

Okay, so we've dismantled the first part of your argument, and now we're going to move on with the rest.

Damaera said:
....idiot. Stop trying so hard.
Okay, so to me this means he's trying really hard to be an idiot, and you're like (this is you talking now) "Hey man, stop trying to be an idiot SO HARD". That doesn't really make sense to me, man. I think maybe you're confused or what not? Wot wot? You know? Okay, but here's the real kicker. This is where I really get teed off, you know?

Damaera said:
Last edited by Damaera; Today at 03:16 PM.

It took you 4 minutes to decide to settle on calling him an idiot. Because you posted at 03:12 PM, my time. Alright, so this means you posted something, probably not what you later posted, and then changed it to something that it wasn't when you first posted. Now, to me, this is false advertisement. And that's illegal.

If you have questions, please ask. I'm pretty sure I've just won this argument and made everyone see your true colors.

In a way.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Thank you for not ignoring me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was a pretty thought-provoking post.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You undisgraceful ****! I'm one of a few or possibly the only one who doesn't ignore you yet you're being so hostile towards me!

Oh, and, it's funny. I'm neither idiot nor trying hard. I guess that makes your post spam. But it's OK since you're Damaera.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That doesn't make it spam, that makes it a post that isn't true. At least, in your opinion. And seeing as how the insult was directed towards you, you're obviously going to think it wasn't true.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
@Dam from where i stand you blatantly insulted another member of the forum without any provocation at all.

@Hlev You reported the post and that was correct, but what made you reply with an equally aggressive fashion?

Now from my stand point i can either give both of you a warning or the both of you knock it off and that's the end of the debate. I myself am in favor of the second option, so I'm gonna let it slide. But if either of you continues in the same manner. I will not hesitate to slap you with a warning for every such post in this thread and any additional punishment that would resolve from the infractions on your account.

So knock it off.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all for warning Dam as he's shown complete disregard for his fellow forum goers and flagrant disrespect of the rules of this establishment before. He's never actually punished, so he waits a bit and then does it all over again. This flies in the face of honorable moderators and admins like yourself, and I think it's high time justice is served.

For the Empire.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Wow, in the past this would give people a ban... this is a true flamewar haha. guys just stop arguing.. it is the past.. new things are on the way :D.. leave it.. just weird no mod locked this yet..

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This is pretty tame. Although, I feel like if I was a mod or admin, I'd be like the referee on that show celebrity death math, shouting that he'll allow it to everything.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
jeez what a load of bull,

best course of action is to close the thread to avoid this from going out of hand.

and if this happens again, you know what to do.

just my 5 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom