Minion special forces?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Hey I was looking through old emails, and I found this one from the ESF team back in 2006:

"Dear current/former ESF member,

As you may know ESF 1.3 was never going to be released. A number of factors have contributed to the demise of development (social lives, college/university, World of Warcraft, etc.).

Because of this lack of progress over the last 2.5 years, we had decided to release what we had done to a select group of individuals. One of these groups, known as the "coding minions" (the people who use "o/" a lot) repackaged ESF 1.3 into a release called Minion Special Forces 1.0.

We are very grateful that they took the time to package up this release and get it out to the public for us.

You may download MSF 1.0 (ESF 1.3) at the following location: http://*******************.com

For general discussion of ESF 1.3 (and this release), please make a thread here: http://forum.esforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

For technical support, please make a thread here: http://broken-seals.com/forum/index.php?showforum=17

Thank you for being supportive of us for so many years. This project is now finished.

All the best,
The ESF Team

P.S. The Coding Minions are working on their own new mod, check it out! http://broken-seals.com"

I know ESF is being worked on now, but what was minion special forces, and broken seals? Just curious :p

edit:

Found a later email, looks like it was a virus? haha...

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.3 was dropped back in the day, but once one of its latest builds were leaked, the official 1.3 Open Beta, named Open Beta: Final and now known as simply ESF 1.3, was released by the team. Although it was crappy as that and people didn't give a **** that it was only a Beta meant for feedback (or so the team said, as they had actually dropped the project), it still enriched the community with a bunchload of new DBZ fanboy kids, which resulted in the team actually coming back at working on ESF.

Minion Special Forces was... another random crappy ESF 1.3 build.
The Coding Minions was a bunch of retards who were still interested in ESF at the time. It's also thanks to them that ESF: Final is being worked on to this very day.
Broken Seals? I have no idea what's that. Probably some mod which died years ago.

True story, no matter what Damaera says.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ah I see :p interesting background!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently I'm the official historian of this forum so I'm going to tell it like it is. My memory is slightly fuzzy, but as I recall, it went down something like this:

• It was the year 2006ish
  • ESF 1.3 was in development and very close to completion.
  • The forum was active and there were several cliques / group of friends on the forum.
  • It was at this time that someone named Damaera, who at the time was known as Sean, joined the ESF forum.
  • Damaera did not fit in with any groups on the forum, but desperately wanted friends
  • He decided to create a forum called Minion and linked to it on his signature. He invited everyone to go and post there every chance he got
  • I **** you not, for like months, the only person to post on that forum was Dameara. It was pretty sad...
  • Anyway, upset that no one would be his friend, he decided to take revenge against the community that rejected him.
  • Damaera decided to get ahold of ESF 1.3, which was like weeks away from completion at this point, and leak it in an attempt to ruin the ESF teams morale and kill ESF.
  • Damaera realized he would need to join the ESF team, but had no real skill of his own to join. He therefore asked his brother Kurt who was a coder to apply.
  • Kurt applied and got accepted!
  • Damaera now had access to ESF 1.3. Immediately he leaked the game onto the internet, sending out that email in an attempt to draw players to it.
  • Kurt was devastated that he would betray the ESF team in that manner. He had no idea that he had such a monster for a brother
  • The ESF teams morale was crushed. This almost single handedly killed ESF.
  • At the 11th hour, just as Mastasurf, the leader of ESF, was about to call it quits, Zeonix talks to Mastasurf and convinces him to stay the path.
  • Mastasurf agrees, and decides that not only will they continue, but they'll make the best ******* ESF possible.
  • ESF continues to be made. Some say that the only reason they've put so much effort into the mod at this point is a giant **** you to Damaera.
That's a mostly accurate account of how it went down. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should all be very mean to Damaera if you see him post anywhere.

As an addendum, even if we ignore the fact that nothing I just wrote above is true, this is still a more accurate account of what happened than what Hlev posted.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL Broken Seals?!

That was some ****ty mod idea I brought up with Kurt and he made a website/forums for me. That's as far as it went.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.3 was dropped back in the day, but once one of its latest builds were leaked, the official 1.3 Open Beta, named Open Beta: Final and now known as simply ESF 1.3, was released by the team. Although it was crappy as that and people didn't give a **** that it was only a Beta meant for feedback (or so the team said, as they had actually dropped the project), it still enriched the community with a bunchload of new DBZ fanboy kids, which resulted in the team actually coming back at working on ESF.

Minion Special Forces was... another random crappy ESF 1.3 build.
The Coding Minions was a bunch of retards who were still interested in ESF at the time. It's also thanks to them that ESF: Final is being worked on to this very day.
Broken Seals? I have no idea what's that. Probably some mod which died years ago.

True story, no matter what Damaera says.
Dropped project? Where the hell did you get that from? o_O

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As an addendum, even if we ignore the fact that nothing I just wrote above is true, this is still a more accurate account of what happened than what Hlev posted.
Okay, I was probably misinformed then. The **** I posted above was what I've heard for someone who now appears to be a Damaera supporter, who deliberately hidden the truth and spoke random nonsense instead.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Apparently I'm the official historian of this forum so I'm going to tell it like it is. My memory is slightly fuzzy, but as I recall, it went down something like this:

• It was the year 2006ish
  • ESF 1.3 was in development and very close to completion.
  • The forum was active and there were several cliques / group of friends on the forum.
  • It was at this time that someone named Damaera, who at the time was known as Sean, joined the ESF forum.
  • Damaera did not fit in with any groups on the forum, but desperately wanted friends
  • He decided to create a forum called Minion and linked to it on his signature. He invited everyone to go and post there every chance he got
  • I **** you not, for like months, the only person to post on that forum was Dameara. It was pretty sad...
  • Anyway, upset that no one would be his friend, he decided to take revenge against the community that rejected him.
  • Damaera decided to get ahold of ESF 1.3, which was like weeks away from completion at this point, and leak it in an attempt to ruin the ESF teams morale and kill ESF.
  • Damaera realized he would need to join the ESF team, but had no real skill of his own to join. He therefore asked his brother Kurt who was a coder to apply.
  • Kurt applied and got accepted!
  • Damaera now had access to ESF 1.3. Immediately he leaked the game onto the internet, sending out that email in an attempt to draw players to it.
  • Kurt was devastated that he would betray the ESF team in that manner. He had no idea that he had such a monster for a brother
  • The ESF teams morale was crushed. This almost single handedly killed ESF.
  • At the 11th hour, just as Mastasurf, the leader of ESF, was about to call it quits, Zeonix talks to Mastasurf and convinces him to stay the path.
  • Mastasurf agrees, and decides that not only will they continue, but they'll make the best ******* ESF possible.
  • ESF continues to be made. Some say that the only reason they've put so much effort into the mod at this point is a giant **** you to Damaera.
That's a mostly accurate account of how it went down. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you should all be very mean to Damaera if you see him post anywhere.

Wow i was really on the edge of my chair! but ye that was what i remember what happened :eek:

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I was probably misinformed then. The **** I posted above was what I've heard for someone who now appears to be a Damaera supporter, who deliberately hidden the truth and spoke random nonsense instead.
What the **** is there to support? You weren't even around when all this **** went down, stop talking out of your ass.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o/

The best thing about minion was Dpredator trying to find out what "asif" means. \o/
Also, I think it kept Sean from killing himself, which according to western human morals, is a good thing! yay

Seriously though, for what it's worth, I had a lot fun in the #minion channel. I was actually sad to see it go.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the **** is there to support? You weren't even around when all this **** went down, stop talking out of your ass.
You mean I wasn't registered when all this **** went down.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean I wasn't registered when all this **** went down.
Yes, that is what he means..
Quoted directly: "You weren't even around when all this **** went down"

You could of just send a PM if you were unsure about what he meant in his sentence :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically forum got hacked, stuff got leaked. But thats from 2006.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I had nooooo idea! Sounds like one big drama rama, with Damarena Macarena as the main character! Interesting stuff indeed. Wish I was there to see it though :/

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dam as the main char?

Thats so funny that LOL or ROFL cant even describe it XD

Dam was a pawn. He was certainly the loudest one, but he was not even close to the main char.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, that is what he means..
Quoted directly: "You weren't even around when all this **** went down"

You could of just send a PM if you were unsure about what he meant in his sentence :p
I don't know if you're simply trolling or what your problem is, but no, he didn't actually mean that. I was just correcting him.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To clear things up a bit and give the people who were not there.

Ill be naming as few names as i can (as in 0 names).

Someone was banned from the forum for reasons that quite honestly im not even sure of to this day. I heard to many variations of it. So he decided to steal the forum database with the help of someone who was on the dev team at the time. Thts how the source code got stolen and forum got hacked. The passwords of the user accounts got stolen and as such they had access to the administration accounts.

They then launched a site for Minion Special Forces with a count down timer. Someone else on the dev team at the time DDOS attacked the site a few times (with no success), but when the countdown timer reached 0 the email with the link to the game was sent round from an administrative account. The version that was stolen actually had a terrible bug. As in you crashed the game by shooting any KI attacks.

The Broken seals forum was mostly a joke, though from that joke some people decided to make NNK. Afterwards the ESF forum went on a purge. Lots of people were banned for linking to the leaked game, even if they were not cooperating with the hackers.

The leak was the last straw for the team who at the time was pretty much down on activity. So they decided to go with an Open Beta release idea. The idea was to make a direct copy of the inteam once a month and have the community help out testing. It didnt really work out well, so the releases became more and more seldom until finally it was decided to stop them with a release named Open Beta Final. I think all in all it was round 17 or 18 releases in the span of 2 years with nearly no positive results from them.

The people, who helped by testing the Open Beta, checking the bugs list and reporting new bugs, were given the chance to join the project as official testers. And thats how the story of MSF and the Open Beta goes. And while its true that the dev team at the time was pretty down on activity, there were no talks of abandoning the project.

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The people, who helped by testing the Open Beta, checking the bugs list and reporting new bugs, were given the chance to join the project as official testers. And thats how the story of MSF and the Open Beta goes. And while its true that the dev team at the time was pretty down on activity, there were no talks of abandoning the project.
Damn, at that time i was not active here yet.. i missed that beta happening.. i'd love to be a tester back then! to bad :p

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tested for a while, It's not that fun.

Just wait for the actual release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom