Best answers
Is there any way to edit a already exsiting map or a program to edit exsiting maps if so please reply

Best answers
I asked the same question a while ago, they said to use Worldcraft, but i tried and Worldcraft doesn't seem to be able too, so what else could be used?

Best answers
but when u decompile original maps, then there might occur problems like missing brushes!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because DECOMPILERS SUCK THE BIG ONE! Stick with entity editing.

Best answers
Yeah I notcied Satan that they do thats too bad it ruins my plans ..

Best answers
plans?

plans of what? you had better not be trying to steal somebody else's work and calling it your own. if you need help with something just say it don't be cheap.

Best answers
What Im not!
Dont dare insult me like that I would do no such thing!
I would like to get an idea of how the greats do it.
I am new and still learning but I am not scum!!

Best answers
uhh

tutorials do exist man, so go find some at www.valve-erc.com or just ASK us if you want help. even if you are "learning", that is still NO excuse to be ripping apart someone else's hard work.

Best answers
I AM NOT RIPPING APART SOMEONE ELSE WORK!!!
DONT DARE SAY THAT I WOULD NEVER DO IT!!
IF YOU DONT MIND HOW BOUT YOU F*CK UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!

Best answers
eh?

look bro, there's no need to get so hostile. I wasn't even directing my comments right at you. If you look at the beginning post, Nemo says he wants to edit existing maps. I see THAT as the problem. Maybe if they're his and he lost the rmf (I've done that once...oops =p), but he had better NOT be trying to "edit" someone else's map. I don't know about anyone else but I'd be quite unhappy if somebody stole my work.

Best answers
Yeah i know I never do stuff like that I dedicate my time to helpig people.
Oh and annoying Satan. (jokes :p)

Best answers
I decompiled two original maps too, to see how the brushwork is constructed, but when I had a look at esf_cell_day... O_O
How the **** did you guys do that. Its impossible, or does the decompiler change the construction???

Best answers
u need origenal mapping files

it doesn't work like the models u decompile and edit and compile again u need the origenal files from the creator to edit it

Best answers
to tell you the truth i was asking so i can see how the pros do it and i was gonna edit someone eles hard work but i would never do such a thing as to post it again as my work thats just ****ed i would just change things around for my enjoyment so sorry if i upset you :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom