Lucifer the Satan VS Anubis [spoiler]

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Faith in it's very nature means believing something to be true regardless of whether or not it can be proved factually. It's almost like bravery, where having too much of it makes you fool hearty.

Anywho... Fallen Angel > Furry
(no offense to any of you anthropomorphized animals out there)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd maybe go for Anubis.

Ima Catholic, I was born into the Catholic church, I don't believe Anubis exists, but Mythologically yea he might've won. I believe Satan was banished from heaven because he was the angel of knowledge, that lead him to believe that he had more knowledge than God even, so he opposed him, but failed, but took 1/3 of the angels with him. sorry if I make little sense...

I believe in "Love the sinner, hate the sin", so what I'm saying is that I've got a few Atheist friends, 2/3 of my other friends are hardly christian, but that doesn't mean I won't hang out with them or anything, I respect what they believe in, even though I don't think it's right, but I have converted a few people before.

Also I've experienced some amazing things too. My brother knows this girl Francesca Zackey, she's had visions of the Mother Mary and Jesus, she's able to heal people spiritually, but there are cases where it has physical effects, I don't know if any of you have heard of The Miracle of the Sun, I haven't personally experienced it before, but people I know have, it's where the sun starts spinning and Mary or Jesus' Divine Mercy appears(when he was on the cross he was stabbed right, then blood and water came out) it's hard to explain though, but I'm sure you'll find it if you search it in google.

I've also been prayed over and I've Rested in the Spirit, it's an overwhelming feeling where the Holy Spirit empowers you, my cathecism teacher once rested in the spirit, but she fell against the sharp part of stairs made of marbel, when she woke up she felt no pain and there was no bruise at all, she definetly hit her head hard that would let you think she'd cracked her skull or something. Can anyone please explain this scientifically, I doubt it can be though...it's supernatural and I believe it's from God.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
@Walmart Security: Of course it's not absolute hard proof. God would never ALLOW us to find absolute hard proof, because it would automatically PROVE he existed, and people would follow him on that basis. That's not the point. The point is believing and being faithful, despite the reasoning, uncertainty and pseudo-science that actively works to undermine God. If his existence could ever be categorized internationally as "fact", then free-will goes out the door. God doesn't want us to follow him because everyone knows he exists, he wants the truly faithful to struggle through the trials of life, and despite all odds, in the end still truly beleive he is the one true God.
No free will wouldnt go out the window, if there was proof that a super natural being(or god in your case) existed. You still would have the free will to obey his will or not. Proof has nothing to do with free will. It's a logical fallacy to think that people would follow a megamanical, mass murderer(The christian god as example here) if his existants was suddenly proven.

And what kind of "pseudo-science" are you refering to that disproofs a a highly pausible negative?(God in your case)
So if anyone is demanding facts and answers, forget it. You'll never be allowed to find them. Anyone who sticks only to cold unimpeachable facts doesn't understand the meaning of being a Christian anyway.

That's all I have to say.
It's incredible how you know a super natural being's mind. It's also awesome that you are the one who defines; "being a christian."[/sarcasm]

You are debating from your own perspective and own experinces. You have no absolutes, whether think that or not. Your little car experinces just shows how prejudged you are. To you it has to be an almighty, superbeing, who to this being, you are just a little ant. I find that a little hard to believe.

It's amazing how believers can say exactly what god(s) wants from everybody and how they think.
I'd maybe go for Anubis.
Hail Zeus *****. \o
Also I've experienced some amazing things too. My brother knows this girl Francesca Zackey, she's had visions of the Mother Mary and Jesus, she's able to heal people spiritually, but there are cases where it has physical effects, I don't know if any of you have heard of The Miracle of the Sun, I haven't personally experienced it before, but people I know have, it's where the sun starts spinning and Mary or Jesus' Divine Mercy appears(when he was on the cross he was stabbed right, then blood and water came out) it's hard to explain though, but I'm sure you'll find it if you search it in google.
People see Jesus even in doors.(Or salami ;p) It's nothing more then your mind playing tricks on you. It's also pretty funny that everyone imagine Jesus exactly the same as we see him on paintings by 14/15th century artists, while these artist never had visions of Jesus orso.
I've also been prayed over and I've Rested in the Spirit, it's an overwhelming feeling where the Holy Spirit empowers you, my cathecism teacher once rested in the spirit, but she fell against the sharp part of stairs made of marbel, when she woke up she felt no pain and there was no bruise at all, she definetly hit her head hard that would let you think she'd cracked her skull or something. Can anyone please explain this scientifically, I doubt it can be though...it's supernatural and I believe it's from God.
So have Hindu's with Visjnoe(And their million other imaginary friends), so have Muslims with Allah. It's wishfull thinking my friend. All believers, from every religion, want to prove their religion is right, by coming with exordinary claims. Most of the time the non-believers have to explain, instead of themselves.(Or else they think that it is proof that their god exists, if you cant explain that it isnt natural....Logical fallacies, you got to love them)

Take Hindu's for example. They let them be tortured(Like hooks through the skin and **** like that) and to show people that they don't experince any pain, because of their god. I mean, you got to admit, you gotta love the logic in that.

Now with your teacher as example, you are just prolly just wishfull thinking. You are claiming that it's supernatural. Turn on the TV, there alot of people who survived the most horrific accidents with no scratchs. That doesn't make it supernatural. You just make it supernatural because you believe.

P.s. And also, the scientist doesnt have to proof that any person could have survived a fall down the stairs. You are making the assertion that it's supernatural. Therefore you have to proof that it is supernatural. Not the other way around.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Psh, I've seen martial artists take 4 simultaneous punches to the throat while getting kicked in the nuts without flinching. Not feeling pain is hardly proof God exists.

EDIT: That was at Donnie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I guess pain can be mental, what about broken bones being healed, blind people, etc? Also resting in the spirit giving you inner peace and also gifts that you can receive from the Holy Spirit like Tongues where you suddenly speak in a different language or even a language not known to man, I know many people that are able to do that, yea it's easy to make up your own gibberish, but alot of people with tongues heal others and you also get interpreters that can tell us what's being said, and it's happened where the messages that came true are visions of things that will happen, and the visions get fillfulled.

EDIT:
Ok about the Miracle of the sun to Devion, there were 2 people blinded from it because they didn't see it, but they kept on trying to see it, never worked, but for some reason other people who directly look into the sun for minutes get no harm to their eyes at all. Also Francesca Zackey prays over normal water shakes it a bit and it turns into water-oil, Catholics use it for Holy Water.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is speaking in a language nobody understands a gift?

And interpreters that can tell us what's being said? Think about how easy it is to interpret what someone is saying in a language nobody speaks. Hell, I can do that.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Contusions don't always occur after a blunt impact, though this is entirely dependent on the person. The absence of pain is also dependent on the person, not every blunt impact will produce pain. You stated that she was knocked out when she fell on the staircase, this is possibly the result of a concussion. Unconsciousness can occur when someone receives a concussion, though the period of unconsciousness is usually not long if it wasn't a severe concussion.

Psh, I've seen martial artists take 4 simultaneous punches to the throat while getting kicked in the nuts without flinching. Not feeling pain is hardly proof God exists.

EDIT: That was at Donnie.
Sounds like the result of Iron Shirt. Iron Shirt is a series of exercises aimed at strengthening your body to help withstand attacks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BTW Resting in the spirit is where you fall over and you go into a type of sleep, where you feel no pain, many people have fallen but no one ever feels pain, though when you are resting in the spirit you are aware of what's going on around you(you can still hear) and you can wake up when you want, but you have an amazing feeling of peace and it's as if you have butterflies in your stomach, but it's over your whole body.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ok about the Miracle of the sun to Devion, there were 2 people blinded from it because they didn't see it, but they kept on trying to see it, never worked, but for some reason other people who directly look into the sun for minutes get no harm to their eyes at all. Also Francesca Zackey prays over normal water shakes it a bit and it turns into water-oil, Catholics use it for Holy Water.
Please, look at your own logic.

Because some people can look in the sun for minutes, there must be an all-powerful, super being?

Please come back, when you have live footage that someone is being healed, by regrowning of a lost limb.
And EVEN then, who says it's a super being that healed you?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
@Hitokori: I admit I read maybe a quarter into that post and gave up, because all it was going to do was make me mad and make me retort in harsh defense, and this topic would spiral downhill faster than Indiana Jones' Boulder in "Raiders of the Lost Arc".

However, I get the gist that you're trying to tell me that the Christian rationale for our faith is an excuse for deviating from "reason and logic". You consider the concept of "worshipping through freewill" absurd. Well tell me now. You've just created a race of imperfect creatures intelligient enough to think for themselves (at least after the Eden incident) and you have ultimate power. You can create beings who will follow you unquestionably and do whatever you will. But you know at the same time that they do not do so by choice. Forced love is false love. They do not choose to love you, they either have to, or they have the will to choose, but why would they reject you after knowing the truth?

Here's the only way you can answer this conundrum. You create these beings and present yourself to them. You tell them who you are and give them direct guidance and help, as in all meaning of the word, they are young. You give them the ability to forge their own destiny, the ability to choose, even if you know what their choices will be. You know that Adam and Eve will eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, but while upset that your creations have directly disobeyed you, you are also oddly excited that they have done so, as it means that your plan is working, though you knew it would.

As they become more self-sufficient, you intrude and influence them less and less directly. Eventually, they spread to all corners of the Earth and many, if not most, have forgotten you completely. Many remember a being such as you, but have instead filled the whole in their hearts where you were with false imitations in order to justify their existence. It infuriates you that you have been replaced with these nonexistent beings, but feel not all is lost, as their desire to worship a higher being is an ignorant desire to worship you, though they do not know you.

As time goes by, these religions pop up. You come to certain particularly faithful followers and choose them to carry out vertain deeds when the whole race needs a gentle nudge. You become even more excited, as these people who have only been told about you pray to you with unquestioning loyalty, abiding by your laws of living and desiring above all things to be with you in your realm when their mortal lives end. It saddens you to know that many have and will choose logic over you, requiring proof of your existence before they do anything. As much as you wish to reveal yourself, you know this will undermine your efforts from the start. With a heavy heart, you are forced to let these beloved people go down their paths into oblivion. And now, the end will soon come. The time when you will take those faithful, the ones you have searched for from the beginning and bringing them into the realm they have earned a place in. But some of those left behind are not at fault. Some never had a chance to know your love, others are too uncertain. And so, before the very end, you give those remaining a 7 year-chance to be saved, in which case your judgement will be final, and all will be well, your dream accomplished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now tell me, does that, or does that not sound like the thinking of a being who can do anything he/she/it desires with the cosmos? I think the rationale behind that speaks for itself.
Your entire belief system is founded on the idea that monotheism existed before any of the polytheistic religions, including that of the very first human civilization. Historically, that just isn't accurate. But I guess we can forget about that for now, and address the rest of your post.

God created man in his own image, correct? Then what makes us imperfect? Our mortality? Our inability to know everything? Our desires? Our fragile bodies? God is responsible for everything that I've mentioned according to you. Why would God do this to his only sentient creation? Why would he limit us instead of allowing us to reach our full and true potential?

Forced love is false love, yes, but does fear of a being who can banish you to the fiery depths of hell equate to unconditional love? If a being such as your God were to actually exist and we all knew it, I wouldn't love him/her/it. I would fear the being, and I would resent the being. Who is he to tell me I can't choose my path? Who is he to tell me that if I don't love him and believe in him, I have to burn in hell for all eternity? How dare he! He gave me free will so what is the point in limiting my ability to make my own choices (choosing between eternal bliss and eternal damnation isn't really much of a choice).

God creates humanity, tells them to choose ignorance over knowledge of oneself and the world around them, and when they disobey, he banishes them from the garden of eden. Why? Why is knowing so disrespectful, so evil to your God? Why does he wish for us to forever stumble in the darkness? The "snake" doesn't even seem like a bad guy when all he really did was tell man to think for himself, rather than take God's propaganda at face value. It's almost as if God fears freedom of thought, as if his very existence depends on our ability to believe without questioning.

According to a bunch of different religions, God/The Gods are here, running amok, fighting wars with each other and using us as pawns, and then suddenly up and leave. Why? What's the point in abandoning your creation? Boredom? Disgust? Of course not, says the fundamentalist christian. It's all part of his plan! Obviously, his plan was to torment and punish humanity for thousands of years, tell us how horrible and sinful we are, screw around with us, and then just up and leave. Apparently, his plan is to make us forget how much of an ******* he is so that we can look back on the "good 'ol days" with a certain amount of fondness and get back to loving him.

As time goes on religions pop up? This bring me back to my first paragraph. Most of those religions "popped up" waaaaaaaaay before Christianity or Judaism was formed. Why don't our earliest writings coincide with jewish or christian biblical text? Surely the very first civilization, the Sumerians, would have mentioned the garden of eden and their monotheistic God at some point. It must be there somewhere! Actually, it is. The Garden of Eden can be found in some of their texts, under a different name. But there was no one God. There were many Gods, and we were their creation (and according to your own bible, in Genesis 1:26- "Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness...."). But according to the Sumerians, we weren't created just because. We were slaves, and the Gods were our masters. We didn't love them. We feared them and we hated them, but worshiped them anyway. Why? Self-preservation. Please the Gods and you'd survive. And when you take it a step further, it actually makes sense why eating from that "tree" would have been so devastating. If everyone knew the Gods weren't Gods at all, our species might actually rebel. We wouldn't win, of course, but all of that time spent nurturing us and all of those resources spent breeding us would have been for naught. So toss those few bad seeds into the wilderness, and start over. Oh, and according to them, the snake wasn't the devil or some evil guy. He was one of the Gods who felt we had the right to know who we were and who they were. Just thought I'd give you a very small crash course on the "Genesis" of the Sumerian religion.

And then you go on to say God sheds a tear because some humans choose logic and science over religion, over God. But when you apply logic, or better yet, take the words of Jesus himself, do you really need religion to believe in a God or a higher being? The answer is no. Organized religion isn't necessary to believe we come from a single source. Just take a look at a few photos taken by the Hubble and see if don't question your purpose, or whether or not we're alone in this Universe.

Why wouldn't God want us to find him on our own, rather than be forced or coerced into believing in him? Why is it so difficult to believe that maybe, just maybe, it's ok to use science or philosophy to find the source/s of all creation? That maybe freedom of choice encompasses more than "LOVE ME OR SUFFER"?

And then you end your post by saying you've somehow stumbled upon the thought processes of God when your very religion says if you can think it, it ain't God. Some might call your conclusion blasphemy. If your God exists, he'd want you to be open-minded, to question his existence and your purpose. No one wants mindless ants wandering around, not really do anything. No one wants zealots blinded by hate and scripture. If nothing I said made you want to think about anything because your mind is so made up on the subject, take this quote to heart:

"Bless the mind too small for doubt." Don't let the "bless" part blind you from the meaning of the quote, either.

Just to get back on topic, Enki is easily better than Anubis or Satan, since they were probably derived from him anyway.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
HAY GUYS I R THINK MY JEBUS IS BETTER THAN URS UR ALL STUPIDHEDS
MY JESUS IS CREMEFILLED AND SHOOTS SHURIKENS OUT HIS ANUS LOL
STUPIDHEDS MY JEBUS WAS WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK AND THEREFORE HE IS REAL, ITS FACT HEZ REAL CUZ HE TOLD ME IN THE BOOK OF JEEZY FO SHEEZY LOL.

SRY BUT OUR GOD IS AWESOME GOD MAKER OF GRILLED CHEESE.

oh and c'thulu > any of you and your dieties.

and since it's not a religious debate on whos right and who is wrong...

you're all wrong, I'm god.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Hitokori: I admit I read maybe a quarter into that post and gave up, because all it was going to do was make me mad and make me retort in harsh defense, and this topic would spiral downhill faster than Indiana Jones' Boulder in "Raiders of the Lost Arc".

However, I get the gist that you're trying to tell me that the Christian rationale for our faith is an excuse for deviating from "reason and logic". You consider the concept of "worshipping through freewill" absurd. Well tell me now. You've just created a race of imperfect creatures intelligient enough to think for themselves (at least after the Eden incident) and you have ultimate power. You can create beings who will follow you unquestionably and do whatever you will. But you know at the same time that they do not do so by choice. Forced love is false love. They do not choose to love you, they either have to, or they have the will to choose, but why would they reject you after knowing the truth?
I understand I may have said a few brash things that could offend your faith, but I assure you I meant no real offense. If you were to keep a clear head and read all that I wrote I think you'd get a better idea of what I'm trying to say.

You are the one who has said that being able to prove God exists denies free will, which was your justification for there being no solid proof of God existing. The point I tried to make was that many figures in the Bible itself knew God existed, and yet acted under (at least what I saw to be) "free will." In fact, you yourself state that you "know", not just believe, God exists. But I doubt you would define yourself as a person lacking free will, either. I talk more about this in the previous post.

Furthermore the explanation you just gave involves imagining yourself as God by putting yourself in his place, and seeing what decisions he'd make regarding us (humans). Considering the nature of God is supposedly incomprehensible how could a human ever attempt to stand in his shoes and decide what decisions, logically no less, he'd make? That is just what you tried to do, and under your own religious guidelines I don't see how you can claim to have done it.

The whole "faith is opposed to logic" is a fundamental part of that religion. Originally it was a concept used and abused by the Church. This was because, during the Church's eminence, education was also rising, and people such as Copernicus who I mentioned before were saying things like "Earth revolves around the sun, not vica versa." He used science to find this out, however the Church believed it conflicted with faith/scripture, which was infallible, so they burned him. However I understand you don't pay heed to the Church.

Basically whenever something pops up that seems to suggest something against God, one of the following answers seems to come about:

Science completely disproves a particular Biblical statement. In response: "God didn't really mean you to take that literally."
A bad thing happens to a good person: "God works in mysterious ways, God will reward them."
A good thing happens to a bad person: "God works in mysterious ways, God will punish them in the end."

God is very mysterious, apparently, and that is used to vaguely justify anything. Why did God decide to save your father from that car accident, and not millions of other equally pious individuals who've died unfortunate deaths? It would only seem logical. But no, "God has a plan," and he "works in mysterious ways" and so we could never understand the answer to that. So let's not think about it, and love God.

God becomes the all-convenient, all-answering answer. And yet you can't explain further than that really, because God is beyond reason. This is, in my opinion, more of a cop-out than it is a case, which is why I don't accept it.

Furthermore the "greatest" Christian philosophers, such as Augustine, Aquinas, etc., all believed in an opposition between faith and reason. That you could never understand God by thinking about him logically or looking for any clues, and the entire enlightenment, quite simply, came from believing without any reasoning at all. And to believe something without any reason is a concept I find absurd. The "ontological argument" relies entirely on the fact that you believe in God in the first place. To put it simply, there's nothing stopping me from saying "I, Hitokiri, am the one true God. Believe in me. I can't prove to you that I'm God, because I want you to make a choice, without using any kind of logic, because as God I value irrational (i.e devoid of logic) choices. If you attempt to figure out on your own why I am God using the only methods you have in this world, you will fail. You must take my Word for it." And of course you would call me a blasphemer, etc., yet my argument doesn't seem to be any different than God's, except that God says God wrote this really old book (which is a circular argument). Well, I say that I wrote that, because I'm God. Now what?

I don't say these things to offend, but to provoke thought.

I think it was Augustine who said, actually, that faith precedes reason. That by believing in God for no reason, God would grace and gift you with true logic. But that's a shot in the dark, and his personal interpretation. Anyway I'd recommend you read the rest of what I'd written back there and ignore anything offensive I might say... if it's offensive I'm just trying to have a sense of humor here, not offend you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way Jdude described the 'thoughts' of god made it sounds like humanity is nothing more than a toy.
I mean he creates us, guides us and then just watches us hoping we do the things he wants?
Sounds pretty much like The Sims to me, except that we have to build our houses ourselves.

But don't get me wrong, I don't try to ridicule any religion. It's just that I think that the bible (or 'the book' of any religion) shouldn't be taken literally.
The whole genesis part doesn't want to tell us that there is an ultra cool being that is able to create everything it wants,
it's there to show us that all the humans are equal.
And that applies to everything in the bible (or the other books).
They are just guidelines for life. But today, most people are reasonable enough to know that doing some things is wrong
(at least if they were raised in some kind of proper way).

And I refuse to believe in a being that loves humanity with it's entire existence,
but condemns some people to hell because they didn't follow his rules
(or for the more conservative people, that are non-christian).

Yea right he loves me, gave me free will because he didn't want forced love, and I'll burn in hell because I chose not to love him?

Now to something different:
I bought a hamster last year, but he didn't want to perform any tricks. So I flushed him down the toilet.Of course I did not do this

Edit:
Ok one last paragraph to disprove creationism with very easy facts:
We can measure the speed of light, and we can measure the distance that other stars have from the earth.
So if there is one star that is further than let's say 15.000 lightyears away,
it is proven that the earth was not created 12.000 or 8.000 years ago, because if I remember correctly, god created the stars and everything in the beginning of his 7 day creation-spree.
Even if not, why create stars and then wait some billion years to create some planet? Boredom?

Best answers
Your entire belief system is founded on the idea that monotheism existed before any of the polytheistic religions, including that of the very first human civilization. Historically, that just isn't accurate.
Couldn't agree more, Christianity started out as a cult,a cult that the Romans fed to the lions in the arena.

But then it's not hard to see why fundamentalist Christians think the earth is only 12,000 years old, a cult leaking into popular culture isn't exactly the most holy of origins.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, technically it all started with the Jews since all of those religions abide by the Old Testament. However, Judaism doesn't predate polytheism either.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Edit:
Ok one last paragraph to disprove creationism with very easy facts:
We can measure the speed of light, and we can measure the distance that other stars have from the earth.
So if there is one star that is further than let's say 15.000 lightyears away,
it is proven that the earth was not created 12.000 or 8.000 years ago, because if I remember correctly, god created the stars and everything in the beginning of his 7 day creation-spree.
Even if not, why create stars and then wait some billion years to create some planet? Boredom?
Obviously, God is trying to test our faith. He has nothing better to do in all the vastness of space than to screw around with humanity by creating things that shouldn't exist according to the bible.

I'm sure some of you have seen this, but it needs to be posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOe7EuHclyo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aap3ROdwsaM

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't have half the gumption to refute each and every one of the posts that actively try to prove to me that God and his existence is illogical. To be honest, I could give a rip. I don't care how the evidence supposedly stacks up. I won't be moved on this. You can call me closed minded or ignorant or whatever. The truly faithful have to suffer such things to reach the paradise at the end. God loves all his creation, but as the all-powerful manifestor of all that is, when he sets down rules, he expects them to be followed. He was quite prepared to send a 2nd flood, but instead his son offered to die for the sins of man so that we could have our sins forgiven of us so long as we are truly sorry for them. A man on the verge of death who asks forgiveness with his whole heart and truly believes that God is the almighty and that his son died for our sins can enter heaven. God is more than fair; there is no point of no return. We have our whole lives, and as long as we are faithful in the end, regardless of the past we will be rewarded for our faith.

One person said that they resent God for giving us free will and settings rules that we have to follow. Name one of the ten commandments that impedes upon your life unless you have the desire to do evil unto another person? God gave you life, he offers you paradise after 100 years or less of mortal living, and you have the nerve to resent him for doing this for you? God loves you unconditionally, but he is the father of all, and like any father, rewarding a misbehaving child for doing wrong is irresponsibility.

Yes, I believe God saved my father. What is so wrong with that? God intervenes in everybody's lives whether you see it or not. My father is by no means any more or less "special" than anybody else in God's eyes. Why do you take offense to the notion that something may exist that is too incredible for your mundane outlook on life? Why do you consider science as we know it now to be king? Because things make SENSE that way? Sorry to burst your bubble, but in terms of science, humans are generally far too arrogant in their assumptions of how the Universe works to realize that we don't really know anything in the grand scheme of things, and life has proven that science is not always right. Thomas Edison may have been the only one to really get it. He once said "We don't know one-millionth of one-percent about anything". In a hundred years, in our minds we've figured out a lot, but things are hardly different now from then, however proud mankind is of it's so-called mastery of the laws of physics.

In the end, what you have to ask yourself, is why is the Universe here? On all accounts, nothing should exist at all. Paliontologists admit when scientifically looking at how the Earth supposedly formed and how life supposedly evolved that the conditions on Earth were never suitable for life to evolve as is so widely accepted by the world. They say that life as we know it COULD NOT have evolved on our planet alone.

And considering the Universe itself? Why does matter or space exist? Wouldn't it "logically" make more sense for nothing to have ever existed? For there to be no void, no space, no time? Simple nonexistence? But even science agrees that the creation of the Universe had to be catalyzed by something.

You may disagree. You may say that nothing of what I say matters because in the end I can't prove anything. I accept that, because I CAN'T prove anything. In reality, neither can you; you just THINK you can. Your faith is in science, never questioning the physics books and the laws of Newton. I however, place my faith in something greater, something worth believeing in. I too live my life by a book, and by a few certain laws. In reality, you and I aren't as different as you think.

I'll leave it at that, and I wash my hands of this thread. Any more and the conversation will begin to break down. I sense it coming. God Bless.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do want to congratulate you, J-Dude, on not losing your cool on being decuple teamed there :O

So far this thread has shown how forum maturity has gone up. I like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While the odds seem staggeringly small that life as we know it could have come to exist after a massive explosion blasted everything into existence, it still makes one **** of a lot more sense than the biblical explanation. "God did it" sure makes things a whole lot easier to swallow... that is until you start thinking that for God to have created the universe, that sometime prior to those seven days, an omnipotent, omniscient being would have had to spontaneously be created from nothing. "Who poofed God?" is a good way of phrasing the question.

Now, had you been born in Bangladesh, you would believe some other nonsensical load of manure, because you would have grown up in that culture, and would have been brainwashed to believe that explanation to life, the universe, and everything, rather than the one you had been indoctrinated to believe in the States. But your life would be a lot ****tier in Bangladesh... just it would be some other divine being's fault.

But that's just my take on religion. I'm tolerant of everything save intolerance, and you're free to believe whatever you want. Just be happy, and let others live as they would, and we can all get along.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would just like to point out J-Dude, that you're 100% wrong on one issue "when god lays down the rules he expects them to be followed".

if that's the case, then there is NO free will.

moreover, jesus himself supposedly said something along the lines of "if you ask forgiveness, you will be forgiven, and pradise will be yours".

ZOMG whether i believe or not as long as i repent on my day of judgement, i'm going to heaven. w00t.

oh, and you still didn't answer the one word question: "Dinosaurs"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom