Lucifer the Satan VS Anubis [spoiler]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lucifer in no way had the power of a god, nor does he have the power to defy god out right. There are many misinterpretations of Satan, one of the worst being that he hates god, and that he is a opposite being. Lucifer is a powerful being, no doubt, but god considered him a lesser creation than us, that should tell you where he stands in the great scheme of things. Christianity is a single diety religeon, with distance from god defining that balance you talk about. There is gods grace and sin, not God vs. the Devil.
That's a fair enough point, but whether god considdered him a lesser creation, and he actually IS a lesser creation, is a point of debate. i think even devine beings with no sense of free will, would be able to tell if it were a good idea, or a bad idea to pick a fight with their creator, and the very fact that so many angels did, and that lucifer was their leader, tells me that he would own ass.

also, the fact that he runs hell = him owning ass.

and i never said that lucifer hates god, far from it. all angels were effectively programmed to love and worship god.

edit: walmart, the act of defying god isn't all that clear cut. i believe the "free will" part, was in the belief of his existance, not just "do as i say". if that's the case, i don't find it at all surprising that most angels had no problem with humans being given free will, as they are on a seperate plane of existance and never actually see god. while angels see god all the time, and therefor KNOW he exists.
at the same time though, because all angels were created to love and worship their god, i can imagine it probably caused the rebels great pain to do what they did.

i also prefer the ancient greek gods. they rawk.

Best answers
edit: walmart, the act of defying god isn't all that clear cut. i believe the "free will" part, was in the belief of his existance, not just "do as i say". if that's the case, i don't find it at all surprising that most angels had no problem with humans being given free will, as they are on a seperate plane of existance and never actually see god. while angels see god all the time, and therefor KNOW he exists.
at the same time though, because all angels were created to love and worship their god, i can imagine it probably caused the rebels great pain to do what they did.
That... makes alot of sense actually. Thanks for the clarification.

Best answers
I love Anubis > the god of the dead.Someone maybe know YuGiOh The movie.There you can meet Anubis with his powerful card in his deck>Theinen the great Sphinx:

Thats same in my yugioh deck.But in my deck first is Exodia then the gods and then Theinen the great Sphinx >my favourite.

P.S Anubis will win.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks for killing the thread... your thealogical reasoning based on a cartoon series which spawned a trading card game is clearly infallible on this issue.

Best answers
thanks for killing the thread... your thealogical reasoning based on a cartoon series which spawned a trading card game is clearly infallible on this issue.
awwww.i just give ex. for Anubis dude.And like i told ANubis the god of the dead will own Lucifer the cursed angel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well according to the bible, lucifer is the only one that exists.

pwnt.

Best answers
i dont play YuGiOh anymore.There is a lot people 20-40 years that are playing this game.
lemme link them to life

And anyway, well is there any real logic between comparing two superbeings? Seriously.
Drag Poseidon into this while you're at it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wha'? Lemme establish something here...

Anubis: Egyptian God who doesn't exist...

vs.

Satan: Root of all evil, tempter of all wrongdoers, keeper of Hell itself, and self-proclaimed rival of the one true God, who is the master over all that ever existed?

Something tells me Mr. Jackel-head doesn't stand a chance in...well, Hell...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you're basing that assumption on the fact that satan is any more real, or likely to exist, than anubis.

if one religion is real, who's to say all the others aren't too? especially since they are all basically different variations of the same.

you have a set of religions which base themselves on having one god, with 3 entities (or some similar arrangement). and you have a set of religions which are based on having multiple divine entities.

saying "anubis doesn't stand a chance because he doesn't exist... but satan does" is just... stupid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll believe in either when I see them with my own eyes. Until then.. I don't care, really. Let them f*ck each other up and have a cold beer afterwards. That's what real men do. Fight and make up. With beer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bahaha. Nobody is an authority on the mythology of such very old books, really, just a bunch of interpretations. For example

well according to the bible, lucifer is the only one that exists.

pwnt.
In one sense I kinda agree... more people believe in the devil than believe in Anubis. So if that's worth anything, then Lucy takes the cake.

But believe it or not, the Bible actually suggests a plurality of gods. It is monotheistic in the sense that the Biblical God claims he's the biggest, the bestest, the nastiest; but in the texts they mention the "lesser gods" of other civilizations. Anubis could very well have been recognized in that small way. However it's just plain easier to tell folks "There's one, and only one, always and ever."

Another little known fact is that Lucifer is a mistranslation of ye olde Hebrew:

http://www.israelofgod.org/lucifer.htm

But then again who knows how much of the Bible is just a big mistranslation.

In a fight... Satan is way cooler, I guess, so I vote Satan. Never liked the dog-head thing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you're basing that assumption on the fact that satan is any more real, or likely to exist, than anubis.

if one religion is real, who's to say all the others aren't too? especially since they are all basically different variations of the same.

saying "anubis doesn't stand a chance because he doesn't exist... but satan does" is just... stupid.
Not when you KNOW what is fact and what is fiction my friend. Not when you KNOW, and not simpy suppose what is the true order of the realm beyond...I happen to be one who KNOWS...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not when you KNOW what is fact and what is fiction my friend. Not when you KNOW, and not simpy suppose what is the true order of the realm beyond...I happen to be one who KNOWS...
Your 'knowledge' is based purely on faith. It's like saying I know Santa exsists, simply because I believe that Santa exists.
Sorry, but as far as religion goes, there's no certainity for me (for you interest, I was raised hardcore catholic).
And fact is, it was never proven that something like Lucifer exists, so it cannot be fact that he exists and Anubis doesn't.
(And please, don't turn this into a religious argument, please).

Best answers
Your 'knowledge' is based purely on faith. It's like saying I know Santa exsists, simply because I believe that Santa exists.
Sorry, but as far as religion goes, there's no certainity for me (for you interest, I was raised hardcore catholic).
And fact is, it was never proven that something like Lucifer exists, so it cannot be fact that he exists and Anubis doesn't.
(And please, don't turn this into a religious argument, please).
Exact same thoughts as mine... J-dude's comment was really close minded. You dont know for fact that god and satan exists or not, your basing that on your beliefs, and last time i checked, your beliefs arent fact.

Oh, and i too was also raised as a hardcore catholic. Just for the record..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exact same thoughts as mine... J-dude's comment was really close minded. You dont know for fact that god and satan exists or not, your basing that on your beliefs, and last time i checked, your beliefs arent fact.

Oh, and i too was also raised as a hardcore catholic. Just for the record..
Yes I do. My beliefs ARE fact. That's the whole point of having a religion. And I can back them up scientifically as well, performing the taboo of applying modern day science to religious concepts and events, yielding entirely pluasible conclusions. I also have seen documented, photographic proof of areas where Biblical events having ocurred in certain areas that cannot be scientifically explained, and can only mean that higher forces were, and are at work, precisely as told in the Bible. You assume too much my friend. You assume I am a blind follower, although believing strictly through faith is perhaps even more worthy of respect than my own rationalizing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, that's not the whole point in having a religion. you're very misguided on this issue.

there are still many things which baffle science. it doesn't mean there is no scientific explaination, it just means we don't have the level of understanding needed. sure, i believe jesus existed, but i don't think he was any more special than david blaine.

the whole point of having a religion, is to have faith. not to blindly, and cold heartedly shoot down the views of other people purely because your book says they are wrong. having a belief is a dangerous thing, people will die for beliefs, ideas are so much better, you can change an idea (to quote Dogma).
the whole "i know god is real and that anything else is hethanistic" is just stupid, and amoral. you have no real concept of the world around you, and see it through a tunnel view, sculpted on the words of a millenia old book.

that's not to say you are wrong, but the way you view things IS. you just said that you apply science to prove things that happened in the bible. if that is the case, i would argue that your results will ALWAYS be biased, and that none of them are infallible at all. i would also argue that while people like you call hurricaine catrina, earthquakes which destroy entire ranges of country, and godzilla, all acts of god. there are many people who view these things as simple scientific anomilies, unexplainable AT THE MOMENT, because we simply don't have enough information to interperate it.

i also think, that someone who believes as blindly as you do, is no better than a bomb weilding taliban member, who so blindly believes that what he is doing is right, that he will go to paradise for sure, for defending his beliefs and blowing up other people.
it might take a few years of someone telling you "the bible says to blow **** up" for you to do it, but i wouldn't take it as being too far for people with your level of closed mindedness to do it.

don't get me wrong, you seem like an OK guy, but your views are warped. i would suggest traveling the world, and seeing a multitude of other cultures, and THEN reevaluating your position. i was raised a christian, i read the bible, i was baptised as a child etc.

but at least i can form my own views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom