Latest ver. SuperMAN vs. Super SAIYAN...A match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This argument is going around in circles. It doesn't help that you all keep undermining each others opinions, that's why this thread has had the same arguments made over and over.

Its pointless.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The difference is we're presenting evidence and facts and hes telling us our facts don't matter because he doesn't want to believe it. It has nothing to do with his opinion. Hes blatantly disregarding everything so that Superman doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against some random dude walking down the street, but Goku is able to travel at light speed, blow up every sun and every planet, and then grant himself wishes.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshi, regardless of whether or not you think Superman moving planets and travelling through time are ridiculous, he did them.

I think instantaneous transmission is ridiculous. I also happen to think that standing with your arms over your head draws energy out of plants, squirrels and hobos into a giant ball. That doesn't change the fact that Goku can do all that.

Best answers
The difference is we're presenting evidence and facts and hes telling us our facts don't matter because he doesn't want to believe it. It has nothing to do with his opinion. Hes blatantly disregarding everything so that Superman doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against some random dude walking down the street, but Goku is able to travel at light speed, blow up every sun and every planet, and then grant himself wishes.
That?s what superheros should be able to do.

And not that:

Get a serious Superman to compare to goku and not this childish one.

Optimus... it still makes more sense than what sm is doing in the pic above.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They aren't fact's they're all opinion based, since in every single damn comic of superman he didn't sort things out at incredible speeds because there would never be anything for him to do if he did, just because he's capable of these things doesn't mean that it'd actually happen in a fight. Same goes for Goku. Not to mention the fact that superman has had countless reinventions, reinventions which are fan based (most comic book writers, are comic book fans after all) It changes with every team that works on such comic, the only thing that doesn't change is that it's all endorsed by DC.

No facts exist about 2 fictional character different universes, different sets of powers. This arguement is about opinion.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically, if Goku can travel at the speed of light, travel from any point in space and time to another instantly, and shoot gigantic waves of energy out of hands, that can potentially destroy the very fabric of space and time then it's ok. Because, as you said,
Kreshi said:
That's what superheros should be able to do.
But because Superman doesn't fit Kreshi's guidelines for realistic Superheros, he isn't serious, but childish?

May I remind you, DRAGONBALL Z IS A CHILDREN'S CARTOON.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, Goku is a 50 year old kid. That's how hes portrayed throughout the entire series. If Superman want's to chain up planets and drag them, let him. If Goku wants to spend 12 days making a ball in the sky, while wooing his enemies into not looking up the entire time, I'm cool with that. Just because you don't agree with what a fictional character is able to do doesn't mean that he wasn't or isn't able to do it. You may not like Superman's powers, and thats fine, but he has them. I may not like Goku being able to beat someone he actually has no chance of beating, but he did it anyway, and I'm cool with that.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't so or doesn't exist.

Best answers
So basically, if Goku can travel at the speed of light, travel from any point in space and time to another instantly, and shoot gigantic waves of energy out of hands, that can potentially destroy the very fabric of space and time then it's ok. Because, as you said,

But because Superman doesn't fit Kreshi's guidelines for realistic Superheros, he isn't serious, but childish?

May I remind you, DRAGONBALL Z IS A CHILDREN'S CARTOON.
The physics in the comic are completely screwed.
So are some in DBZ. For example the time travelling machine of bulma.
Timetraveling = totally impossible
getting wishes granted = magic and magic is an ability of many heros [here dragons].
moving from point A to D should be possible. example: wormholes. and it?s also just a simple ability.
There are some simple rules in physic. For example the light speed. No matter what kind of super hero someone is, he can?t move faster than lightspeed. The chains here http://supermanica.info/wiki/images/d/dc/Superboytowingplanets.jpg
would rip. On the other side, superman can?t use magic to get the chains through all planets because he don?t posses the ability to do magic. Also the chains would melt in the core of the planet anyway.
Superheros have all their specific abilitys.
To neglect the whole physic in a comic can?t be called an ability of a superhero.
[or something like that... i just can?t explain good what i mean =P]

EDIT:
We are comparing 2 superheros, so super abilities are serious here.
BUT THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT SERIOUS: http://supermanica.info/wiki/images/d/dc/Superboytowingplanets.jpg

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time travel: Theoretically possible
Getting wishes granted: Impossible
Traveling the way Goku does since he doesn't open wormholes: Impossible
Blowing **** up with blue energy from your hands: Impossible

Alright, I'm not going to use logic anymore.

Superman wins because Goku can't even lift a baseball bat and he needs to fly in an airplane to get around. I heard Goku touches other men, so that invalidates all of his powers, rendering Superman the victor.

Superman's white magic beats Goku's black magic because physics says so. If you don't believe me, ask me and I'll tell you.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, Goku is a 50 year old kid. That's how hes portrayed throughout the entire series. If Superman want's to chain up planets and drag them, let him. If Goku wants to spend 12 days making a ball in the sky, while wooing his enemies into not looking up the entire time, I'm cool with that. Just because you don't agree with what a fictional character is able to do doesn't mean that he wasn't or isn't able to do it. You may not like Superman's powers, and thats fine, but he has them. I may not like Goku being able to beat someone he actually has no chance of beating, but he did it anyway, and I'm cool with that.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't so or doesn't exist.
This is exactly what i was saying to you though, Imo when a character can survive an explosion with the intensity to wipe out a city, with little more than a tare in clothing, then their punches far surpass the force within a nuclear explosion, being able to take a couple thousand of those punches before getting tired is almost like being invulnerable. This is why i think krillin could pretty much take down superman with ease, but you wouldn't acknowledge that because you feel his "bio-watever" aura makes him invulnerable, but i see no reason why ki would be effected by such a thing, then you say well he can go so fast he can go through time, well I say, if he can do that, his mass would be so great, him the earth and the sun would get sucked in, even if that didnt happen, then he'd have to accelerate to that kinda speed, which judging by everything superman I've ever seen, takes him a while, where as goku goes almost that kinda speed on a whim.

Opinion.

Best answers
Time travel: Theoretically possible
Getting wishes granted: Impossible
Traveling the way Goku does since he doesn't open wormholes: Impossible
Blowing **** up with blue energy from your hands: Impossible

Alright, I'm not going to use logic anymore.

Superman wins because Goku can't even lift a baseball bat and he needs to fly in an airplane to get around. I heard Goku touches other men, so that invalidates all of his powers, rendering Superman the victor.

Superman's white magic beats Goku's black magic because physics says so. If you don't believe me, ask me and I'll tell you.

Goku pwns all version of Superman. [besides the versions which can`t be compared because they are totaly snafu]

In my opinion time travelling is the most impossible thing ever.
I would rather believe in magic than in time travelling. (shenlong for the win)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshi said:
Goku pwns all version of Superman. [besides the versions which can?t be compared because they are totaly snafu]
Wow, that's some great argument. Let me see if I understand you correctly.

Goku can beat all the different ages of Superman, well, there a bunch of ages of Superman that would ruin Goku's **** without breaking a sweat, but, I mean, come on, IT'S GOKU, and Superman is like, childish, so like, we're not gonna count those forms, because I said so.

So basically, Superman's powers are totally fine with you, as long as they don't make him stronger than Goku. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If someone is fighting someone else who is basically that person's match, and they aren't able to completely devastate each other, that doesn't mean they're invulnerable, especially not in DBZ. That just means omg they r teh havering the same pl! no wai!

By bio-whatever, you mean aura, and since his aura protects him from basically everything (and I'm assuming ki is a something and can thus be considered part of that everything), it wouldn't affect him in the way you think it would.

Goku goes at the speed of light and yet nothing happens to the planets and such, and yet thats okay with you. Thats called a double standard. Why you are trying to place real world limits on characters that don't live in the real world is beyond me. That is the difference between what Im doing and what you're doing.

You and Kreshi are trying to tell me that in this world, none of that is possible. I already know that. Most of what happens in Superman and most of what happens in DBZ isn't possible. Stop trying to understand both universes by comparing them to our world. You have to understand both of their powers and abilities and limitations, and then figure out who has a better chance of making it out alive.

Now, you've never seen Superman go from 10-20-30-40-50-60-70 in a comic. Ever. Unless hes trying to match something's speed, he moves instantaneously. Just like Goku.

Bottom line, Goku doesn't know how to fight and he shoots air out of his hands. Superman is God, and Goku knows it. Thats why he wont fight Superman. We've tried to negotiate some terms, but Goku needs to keep stripping Superman of his powers because booga booga booga! It isnt fair! Wahhh.

Thats how this conversation is going.

Oh, and Kreshi, scientists who I'd say are probably twice as smart as one of us completely disagree with you about time travel. I'll take their opinion on the matter over yours.

Best answers
Wow, that's some great argument. Let me see if I understand you correctly.

Goku can beat all the different ages of Superman, well, there a bunch of ages of Superman that would ruin Goku's **** without breaking a sweat, but, I mean, come on, IT'S GOKU, and Superman is like, childish, so like, we're not gonna count those forms, because I said so.

So basically, Superman's powers are totally fine with you, as long as they don't make him stronger than Goku. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
completely wrong.

take a closer look at the video clips i showed above. That seems to be the only way to compare a serious superman to goku.

For me it?s a fact that this http://supermanica.info/wiki/images/d/dc/Superboytowingplanets.jpg is crap.

Zeonix... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9lMEB-iEM0
that?s Superman to me and to the most people here. What?s shown here is a realistic superhero reality.
here http://supermanica.info/wiki/images/f/f5/Superman_&_Time.jpg and here http://supermanica.info/wiki/images/d/dc/Superboytowingplanets.jpg it?s not.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshi, you basically said, Goku would destroy all the forms of Superman, not including the ones that he wouldn't, because they're stupid.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshi, Superman fought Goku in a comic by Akira Toriyama, and Superman punched Goku so hard, that he exploded. Then Toriyama realized that he was not worthy to bask in Superman's glory so he committed seppuku.

Its a fact, Kreshi.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshi, Superman fought Goku in a comic by Akira Toriyama, and Superman punched Goku so hard, that he exploded. Then Toriyama realized that he was not worthy to bask in Superman's glory so he committed seppuku.

Its a fact, Kreshi.
Zeonix, it doesn't matter. Any form of Superman that could defeat Goku is stupid, and therefore, irrelevant to this debate.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You clamp on fallacies.

And you're right. The word stupid isn't quite enough to describe your posts about how Goku can beat Superman except when he can't.

Here's the cover of Akira Toriyama's comic from earlier this year. If Goku is so strong, why is Superman blocking his kame with one hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom