Korin's Tower

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Holy Sh*t that looks fantastic, really good progress !

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Korin's tower is suppose to be connected to kami's place isn't it ?? and will you connect it in the future to the same map ??

Best answers
I love the way the whole structure looks, but particularly the inside with the lighting effects. I see you have the triangular textures on the top portion of the tower, very, very nice. Is there a lot more refining to be done on this thing? Also when the pole texture of the support beam is complete will you get up close shots of it too?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I love the way the whole structure looks, but particularly the inside with the lighting effects. I see you have the triangular textures on the top portion of the tower, very, very nice. Is there a lot more refining to be done on this thing? Also when the pole texture of the support beam is complete will you get up close shots of it too?
We found out that there's is problem with my textures, it has an jpeg type artifact, out of nowhere(may be the way i created the textures), so i'll have to fix that. Also i'll have to add details to the build, so it doesn't look like it's plain color. And we'll do close up shots to pole, when it's ready :yes:

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just noticed that in the second texture, the circles on top are too weak pushed out, should fix that...

Best answers
Troll: Clearly your textures need to be redo as they are not consistent with anything in the manga kthxbai

Actual: These are awesome, good job Robiz. Are you stopping with these textures or will you make more?

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Troll: Clearly your textures need to be redo as they are not consistent with anything in the manga kthxbai

Actual: These are awesome, good job Robiz. Are you stopping with these textures or will you make more?
I'll see if i need more variation on the textures, but blend maps basically limit me to 3 textures.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lol what?
You mean 3 normalmaps or 3 maps totaly?
Well blend map is RGBA, the so i can use Red, Green, Blue and black for textures, and i'm not sure if i can tile the black one. So if i can, then max 4 tileable textures per material.
Of course, i can make more pole sections(separate materials and objects) and make extra 3(4) textures, but that's inefficient.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
is it supposed that the sign is asymmetrical?

and the shadows blend a but too much with the objects behind them.
can't see diffrence between shadows and the object lol.
probably just some details though

other than that i don't see any issues.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
is it supposed that the sign is asymmetrical?

and the shadows blend a but too much with the objects behind them.
can't see diffrence between shadows and the object lol.
probably just some details though

other than that i don't see any issues.
Some of the references have the rectangle at this angle, but most of them have it straight. I guess i'll edit it to straight one.
The shadows etc belong to rendering, so that's nothing.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well regarding the sign. Its supposed to be a sticker. And its probably slanted in oyur refferences for the apperance that someone just slapped it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom