King Kai planet question?

Best answers
I ran into a problem. It is that there are only light in one side not in the orher. Here is a pic: (The red spots is where I have placed light_enviroment enitites)

And about the house, it is starting to be pretty annoying. I have tried everything I know and every time it comes up with the "Invalid structure" problem. But I'll keep trying.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You only need 1 light enviroment. And place it in the skybox ^^

Best answers
Actully I started with one light_enviroment at the center at the top (not in the skybox) and it still was like that. Then I added some light_enviroments and it still look like that. But I'll try put it into the skybox.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theoboy said:
I ran into a problem. It is that there are only light in one side not in the orher. Here is a pic: (The red spots is where I have placed light_enviroment enitites)

And about the house, it is starting to be pretty annoying. I have tried everything I know and every time it comes up with the "Invalid structure" problem. But I'll keep trying.
Before I forget... When you set up the light_environment entity, you need to set the angle and pitch within the entity properties, the angle and pitch will determine where the light will look like it's coming from, and it will cast shadows more appropriately. Using multiple light_environments isn't a good idea since it makes the compiling process take longer and it usually complicates things.

On a side note: If you have any brushes tied to a func_wall entity, they won't cast any shadows.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I usually mess around with pitch in the properties since DJ ready told me about it, and it works, make pitch a negative digit, I usually go for -35, but it depends on the map and location of light_environment.

Best answers
Finally...

...? got the house to work proberly. The textures is done and are applied to the brushes they belong to.

• What I need to fix/make:
  • Fix the light
  • Make the windows and the door
  • Fix a little on the house itself
  • Put the models in

And the skybox, I figure something out.

Oh, btw here's a pic:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, change that skybox though :p

Best answers
The skybox was just something I set fast to namek because I should compile it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theoboy said:
The skybox was just something I set fast to namek because I should compile it.
YOu dont need to do that. If you leave that place blank than the default HL skybox is taken automaticly ^^

Best answers
Wow...

It's namek all around King kai's planet...:]

**edit sry

Best answers
No not yet. I think the closest I get to a king kai skybox is the skybox Ready used to his snakeway map v2. Maybe I'll ask him for a permission to use it.

But if someone is villing to make a skybox then pls post here or PM me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd go with Ready, but always ask before using something, trust me, you'll get in serious trouble without letting the original creator know!

But can't wait for the map, so what still needs to be done? I think the textures are completed so far if you need more then I'm always available, so you're probably just left with the models now?

Best answers
Yeah the textures are done. What needs to be done:
1) The models
2) Some modifies on the house plus I need to make the door and the windows.

EDIT:
I've been a little lazy the past days so I haven't worked on my King Kai map, but I'll see if I get some time tomorrow.

Best answers
Door and window question?

I have been a little busy and very lazy because I couldn't make the door and the windows to work out. Then I got an idea how to make them work without problems and was what I tried today but that didn't work out either.
The problem I get is an invalid structure.

So my question is:
How do I make the doors and the windows on the house?

I just need to make these and then all the mapping is done, then I just need the models.

To ace005:
Will you please make the King Kai model for me?

Best answers
Theo, I warned you. It's gonna take a while. If you can wai, than it's ok, i'll do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom