Kill the Open Beta links?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
So I was thinking about the Open Beta link and how it can be very confusing to newcomers. The average intelligence of some dude who signs up on the forums and immediately runs here to make some thread isn't exactly astounding. 90% they usually don't understand that the Open Beta link is from a build long ago and has little to no resemblance to the upcoming release.

Alot of people don't even look at the disclaimer next to the open beta link in the download's section, and I honestly think it gives people a bad impression of the mod that's to be released. It's buggy, has redundant features and there's no gameplay or even "testing" that can come out of it. I just have no clue why you'd have a link to an irrelevant, shitty game for no reason at all. It's just weird and something that has been bugging me. Derp.

Or just leave it up there, just throwing ideas out.

Thoughts?

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I agree on deleting them links, the open beta is useless.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe not delete them, but make it clear that 1.2.3 is what you want to download.

Current Stable Release
ESF 1.2.3 Download Link

Past Releases
Open Beta releases and everything else

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Maybe not delete them, but make it clear that 1.2.3 is what you want to download.

Current Stable Release
ESF 1.2.3 Download Link

Past Releases
That totally makes more sense than my idea.

Do this.

Last edited:
Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Current Stable Release
ESF 1.2.3 Download Link

Past Releases
I would also recommend this.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure a lot of people would go to that page, but it should still be clearer on the main site.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Now people are following my orders.... months ago back in 2012 i ask them if the ESF open beta link will be deleted and they said no it will not. Now Eon ask if its going to be deleted but Sub said no? it must be deleted man. We don't want people come-in and spam multiple topics, and ask about if the game is going to release or not. We cannot tolerate it, so that link needs to go. Except you guys have to save it on your USB hardrive to upload the game for them and give it to them

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Clarification makes more sense than my original idea.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Add an unclickable link to ESF: Final with a text next to it saying "Coming Soon..." hahahahaha
You may or may not add the hahahaha part.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Add an unclickable link to ESF: Final with a text next to it saying "Coming Soon..." hahahahaha
I do like this idea, although I'd add one small modification...

Have a link that says "Download ESF-Final!" And it's just a renamed ESF Alpha.

Do it, Devs, if the mod isn't out by April 1st and you don't do this to troll the world I will be sad.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally say we have them go through 3 or 4 links to download anything, and then the final link needs to be downloaded through a download manager that the page just so happens to endorse.

Or a very big "DOWNLOAD" button

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
..but it would be kind of hilarious if you did. =)

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
the open beta is not useless as many of you think it truly shows some new stuff as the buddy system with ginyu and its not that bugy i played it many times lan (due no one opens server) and i enjoy fighting against friends about the download link i cant complain its in Files section wich is certainly belongs there

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Current Stable Release
ESF 1.2.3 Download Link

Past Releases
I actually thought the downloads page used to say that, at least the part with the current stable release. Am I wrong or did a couple things get changed?

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Or else you'll show a video of an unfunny comedian with his racist stereotype puppet? okay.
He's funny to many people, there is no need speak out just because you're not one of them...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom