Higher Ki Cost for Faster Characters

Best answers
You don't see what I'm saying, Krillin SHOULD NOT be as fast as Goku. But, if it's going to be like 1.2 where most characters are in the slow range, those characters shouldn't waste ki as fast, it should take them longer to run out than someone who can move a lot faster. That's how it is in most games...But yeah, it would be better for transformations, but this should apply for regular forms as well. Haven't you seen how many like this idea? It makes the game more balanced, as Sub stated.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, people like it. Am I supposed to jump on the bandwagon now or something? Right now, ki drain is bad for all characters. Slow characters use less ki most of he time, because they aren't moving all over the place. I know this from first hand experience. Unless I'm teleporting everywhere with turbo on, I'm going to have more ki than a faster character. I don't know why, its just what happens.

Cell seems to use ki faster than Goku. Cell is faster than Goku. If cell is using ki faster than Goku, then he must have a higher ki drain. What does this mean? The faster character is using more ki. Buu uses more ki than cell from what I've experienced. Buu is faster than Cell. Faster = Higher ki drain. Its already in the game. If you up it anymore, it'll just be ridiculous. Again, your idea is fine for higher transformations, but to cripple semi-fast unascended characters is pointless.

Best answers
I've already compared ki consumption to other characters. The slower the character, the more ki they lose. Even if you're right about that part, you're also right that it should apply to higher transformations. I got to ask you though, are you saying the ki cost should get higher with each new transformation? Cause that's basically what I was saying :D.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've done many comparisons. You only think you're using more ki because you're trying to move the same distance as a faster character. Because you're slower, you need to swoop more to cover the same distance as a faster character. Thats all.

I dont care about higher transformations. They were already going to have a higher ki drain i.e. SSJ3. I just don't want the ki drain to get worse than it already is for unascended characters. We used pretty much the same amount of ki in 1.1 to swoop, but we traveled so much faster. It just doesn't make sense to me.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First Idea in a while that gets my thumbs up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. It will balance charcters that are slow in some aspects.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
I've done many comparisons. You only think you're using more ki because you're trying to move the same distance as a faster character. Because you're slower, you need to swoop more to cover the same distance as a faster character. Thats all.
Actually, no I didn't. I did the same number of swoops between Goku and Gohan, Gohan ended up running out of ki faster. Plus, why would everyone agree with this idea, if it wasn't true? Everyone else seems to think the same as me, that slower characters drain ki faster, yet you don't. I've even seen past threads where people have said that characters like Trunks and Gohan run out of ki faster than the characters at higher speeds.

nge

Best answers
Gohan and Goku would run out've ki after the same amount of time passed; the distance traveled during the time would be considerably different however.

Ki cost should depend on distance traveled while swooping, not time spent in swoop. If you're a slow charecter you can still defend yourself up close with swoops. With a lessened ki cost on their swoop, you'd be offered a higher degree of control over distance. It would limit your chasing game, but you'd be that much more effective at countering.

Why punish people for being faster? Slow and fast charecters each have their own advantages and disadvantages, but this would keep things interesting and balanced.

And sorry to call you out like this with my edit, MCC, but you are wrong. They drain at the same rate, and you are just trying to move the same distance with a slower charecter. They get the same amount of swoops/ki bar. I have tested this several times. The distance is less because the speed is less- you still end up with the same amount of swoops.

Best answers
nge said:
Ki cost should depend on distance traveled while swooping, not time spent in swoop.
See but, that would still be using this suggestion. Think about it, if the slower characters have a smaller ki cost, then they will be able to travel the distance of fast characters. If it depended on the distance traveled, that would still mean the faster characters would run out of ki faster than the slower characters, making it so what you just suggested, is basically what I suggested.

Best answers
But does it really matter if it takes less ki for them to travel, let's say, 50 meters?
A fast character will hit 50 meters in a short amount of time. A slower character will take a little longer to get there. The faster character has used up more ki, but the slower character has no real advantage except for outlasting a faster character.
I think this suggestion would be good, but it can only really be useful if someone is running away from you while you're chasing them for a couple of minutes.
Faster characters are still faster, no matter ki cost.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
See but, that would still be using this suggestion. Think about it, if the slower characters have a smaller ki cost, then they will be able to travel the distance of fast characters. If it depended on the distance traveled, that would still mean the faster characters would run out of ki faster than the slower characters, making it so what you just suggested, is basically what I suggested.
And that right there should never happen. Why? Both Trunks and Gohan already ascend at very low pl's. To give them the advantage of using less ki when unascended and being able to ascend at low pl's isn't balance, MCC. You know this. You just want things to be convenient for you.

NGE's suggestion is not your suggestion. You want slower characters to use less ki. He wants ki usage to be determined by the distance you travel. In essence, traveling 10 feet wouldn't use nearly as much ki as swooping for the full 4 or 5 seconds. With your idea, the character would be using less ki regardless of how far the character traveled. You, sir, are attempting to unbalance characters.

Frieza is slow, but he has incredibly high hp and his lasers can do devastating damage. Lower ki usage = more lasers.

Again, Gohan and Trunks are slow but they ascend quickly, so theres no point in allowing them to use less ki.

Krillin is the fastest character in the game when he ascends. What? Too hard for you to ascend? Change the character.

Piccolo should be a hell of a lot faster, but I don't think thats going to be happening. Lower ki usage for him wouldn't aid him in anyway since he seems broken anyway.

So yeah, no reason at all for this to come to pass.

Best answers
Yeah, I'm trying to un-balance it. That's why almost everyone who has posted here said this idea would make the game more balanced. And how do you know if the acension power level will be low in 1.3 for Gohan Trunks? You don't, so don't tell me that, when this suggestion is for 1.3.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you that it'll be higher? YOU don't. If it's isn't higher, it can only hurt. If it is, it can only hurt. Gohan and Trunks will continue to go ssj before the other characters to make up for their low pl and lack of speed.

As i said several times already, there is no reason to punish a faster character for being fast. Thats retarded. The character is fast for a reason, and pretty much every character is balanced.

Stop telling me since everyone here agrees with you, you must be right.

nge

Best answers
There was this thing called the Holocaust. The majority agreed with it where it occoured, at the time.

MCC, your suggestion is along the right lines, but indeed broken. Slower charecters, piccolo aside, have balanced aspects about them already. It is silly that they don't get the same distance/ki, however, but PUNISHING a charecter for being faster is broken in its own right.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just tested swooping with Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, and Buu. They all use the same amount of ki per swoop, and their swoops are identical in length of time. I believe making slower swoops cost a little less would make plenty of sense, but not increasing drain on faster characters.

In other news,

nge said:
There was this thing called the Holocaust. The majority agreed with it where it occoured, at the time.
I never want to hear a comment like this again. You're using the most extreme and inappropriate example you can think with no valid excuse, and you may disappear off of the forums if it continues. Please use more appropriate and less controversial 'arguments' in the future.

nge

Best answers
Eh, noted. I often use extreme instances to prove a point. I can't stand the "majority is always right" mindset; it's flawed, and that is the most substancial example I could provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom