Help with esf open beta

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because WON is buggy and nobody uses it anymore.

It doesn't hurt those who are honest, because if you're honest, you wouldn't have problems with using Steam.

Most people who want to use WON are people who pirate the game. =/

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
And those "legal" people can simply activate their account with the serial key on the cd-case. I no longer see why WON is needed.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Like I said earlier, I installed my copy of half life on several friends machines, along with esf. Thus they are using my cd key. Note: they do not have internet connections.
What makes it so hard is just for a good lan fest, with less hassles.
If everyone had to bring they're own copy of half life, and share a 56k connection, And download the steam updates... (Y'know all those updates after you have installed steam? - They would be painfull if 6+ people just wanted to game for an hour, Country of south australia we are talking here, no such thing as cable or dsl). Things become quite irritating. -.-
Still, I found a way around the need for steam.
And if something goes wrong with that in the future, I guess people with have to resort to sticking with evm.

"And those "legal" people can simply activate their account with the serial key on the cd-case. I no longer see why WON is needed."
We are talking about LAN Won or steam should not affect something like that. - Some people rather game, and not have to worry about the internet, and patches, updates, cd keys, versions, extra programs etc.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I do have to agree Steam has It's down sides. But WON for Half-Life is dead, so there for all modifications (mostly anyway) have moved to Steam. The ESF Team won't make patches to get this game to work for something which is dead. Perhaps you also have forgotten that Steam saves the Half-Life installation in 1 file, named:

half-life.gcf

Located in \Steam\steamapps\

As for the steam updates, I believe it would not be a problem if you copy / paste all the content to another computer. Either way, as said. The team won't make something to get v1.3 to work for Open Beta. And that's final.

Best answers
i do like pemalite said and its working now thanks bro :) but 1 more question ... If you will edit this .dll items , it will be abel to transform to 2nd and 3rd form and use melee???

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
*.dll files? Why would you want to edit them? You can already transform multiple times in the Open Beta, this has been added long ago. As for the melee, just go to server.cfg in your Open Beta folder, and change:

mp_simplemelee 1

to

mp_simplemelee 0

and restart your server. Or you can use "rcon mp_simplemelee 0" if you have rcon powers.

Best answers
realy?? so goood :D i am lama in this stuff so i only ask to this time.... 1 more time thanks :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What is this :shocked: Host_Error: DispathUserMsg: Illegal User Msg 128
Never seen that error before, but wanting to make sure.. Are you using Steam?

Best answers
Nope...I have WON but All its ok...game is started,but when i play game is crashed and this error is written in console o_o

EDIT: But w8..i have Install Steam but i dont have legal half life and cd key..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope...I have WON but All its ok...game is started,but when i play game is crashed and this error is written in console o_o

EDIT: But w8..i have Install Steam but i dont have legal half life and cd key..
Then buy a legal copy of Half-Life through Steam. Problem solved.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What Spunky said. It's required to have Steam installed, and to have half-life also enabled on your steam account in order to play this modification. You can not use the Open Beta on the WON version.

Best answers
I know how to get a Half Life CDkey!
Okay now. lets say its a nice sunday...
Run around the House for loose change.. u should probebly get like 2 dollars k? now run to any familymember who payes ya 5 dollars if u mow the lawn..then do it. after that... grab a hammer and bash on your piggy bank till 3 dollars roll out. take those 10 dollars and run to the store on the next day...buy a copy of half life and voila! you got a CDkey! (its on the back of the manual).

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
And if you can't buy it in a local store, beg your parents to buy it for you. :D

Best answers
Just so you all know if you are using steam to lan you just need 1 person with a ligit account with access to Half-life... then have each computer have the steam installed as "C: \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USERNAMEHERE\half-life\esf" then that 1 person logs on each machine and starts the game... Create Server click the "LAN Only" button and ur set... if you want your friend to be able to lan with you on steam just copy your whole steam folder to his computer log on to your steam in offline mode and start up the game... We do this to play with people who are to cheap to buy halflife... i bought it for the 2nd time last week to start playing ESF again :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
For now buy the game through steam or follow my guide posted earlier.
If you downloaded the game, Then its your own fault.

"i do like pemalite said and its working now thanks bro :) but 1 more question ... If you will edit this .dll items , it will be abel to transform to 2nd and 3rd form and use melee???"
The answer is yes, last night I was looking through the .dll's for an answer to TrackerUI.dll.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Don't bother attempting to play the Open Beta on WON. And what has the *.dll's to do with the transformations which are already in the open beta?

Best answers
(sorry if this is off topic) will the final 1.3 release need steam to run or is that just a temporary thing for the open beta

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
(sorry if this is off topic) will the final 1.3 release need steam to run or is that just a temporary thing for the open beta
Full release will need Steam as well. ESF will no longer support WON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom