Help with esf open beta

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You need to use Steam.
I have steam installed, and have the same issue. I'm not trying to play it over the internet, only for a lan game.
Anyway around it?

(Yes I am using a legal copy of Half Life).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For god sake, go to WWW.STEAMPOWERED.COM and DOWNLOAD THE ****ING PROGRAM. THAT'S WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO TELL YOU.

Sorry for caps, I just want to make sure you understand. Stop posting screenshots of WON. The next screenshot I want to see from you is of you playing the game in Steam.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have steam installed, and have the same issue. I'm not trying to play it over the internet, only for a lan game.
Anyway around it?

(Yes I am using a legal copy of Half Life).

You can use 1 STEAM account for making Lan games. Just make it run in offline mode than itll allow you to make LAN games with only 1 account.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Thanks grega, Got it going on the laptop.
Still I am not liking the reliance on steam. (I hate steam personally).
But what about machines with no internet access?
What I always enjoyed was the ability to install half life, Install the 1.1.1.0 patch, then ESF then play it.
I goto alot of LAN's around town, and alot of friends places don't have internet access.
And they are all using my copy of half life and my cd key.
hopefully the next version isn't reliant upon it.
I've had nothing but problems with steam, and wish it had never been invented. -.-
Anyhow, I'm enjoying the mod :)
Thanks.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm afraid those who have no internet access will have a problem. In order to play in offline mode, you are required to login in steam first (with internet access), and then make sure in one of the steam options that the tab is enabled so It'll save the login information on your PC. If you have turned that on, you can play in offline mode the next time Steam can't find the internet.

Discord Member
Best answers
He can just copy steam directly of his comp and put it in the right folders and then run it........I suppose there wouldnt be any problems then

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He can just copy steam directly of his comp and put it in the right folders and then run it........I suppose there wouldnt be any problems then
You're forgetting about the registry, which keeps track of where everything is. Windows will have no idea that Steam is installed if you don't install it properly. Although it would run alright, in theory.

Oldtimer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm gonna test that one out tonight...will let know.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
My back-up network drive has a copy of half life and esf (no steam) that I just copied from my laptop before I formatted.
Copied it back, works fine.
I do the same thing with StarCraft.
Saves alot of time having to re-install games and programs all the time.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You mean you copied Half-Life & ESF in the steam folder without copying steam with it? Or copying Half-Life & ESF from the WON version not using Steam. This is how ever not about saving time, this is about using offline mode. And you can't use offline mode by doing that Pemalite.

Mog

Best answers
What's everyone talking about? ESF works fine on WON Half-life...
You just have to make sure sv_lan is definitely set to 1 before the game starts and then there's no problems... ;)

To do that, either:

A. go into advanced options when creating the server, and tick the box that says LAN game...
or
B. go to your ESF folder, there should be a file called listenserver.cfg and another called server.cfg.
copy sv_lan "1" onto a new line inside both those files, and make sure sv_lan "0" isn't in there. (use notepad or something to open the files)

I would still use steam anyway if posible, the game seems to be more stable on steam half-life. :]

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
FF|Skyrider - I just copied Half life + ESF 1.2.3 the won version, I generally try to avoid steam like the plague.

Mog - That didn't work for me.
but... I did find a way around it.
Heres how:
from esf 1.2.3 goto
Half Life/ESF/cl_dlls
copy the file "client.dll" and paste it in the same directory as that of the Open Beta.
So it would be: Half-Life\esf_openbeta\cl_dlls
Once that is done, go back to esf 1.2.3
And into the folder "dlls"
copy the hl.dll and paste it into
Half-Life\esf_openbeta\dlls

Now your able to run it without steam, or without an Internet connection.
Theres only 1 problem with doing this though that I have found, Transformations or only limited to your second form. (IE You can only trans to SSJ thats all).
And you cannot en-gage in melee like in 1.2.3, only right click to kick them a away.
Untill I can edit the .dlls this will have to do for the time being.

Best answers
lease cen some one help me??? i have this problem....
when i launch lan game , apear "this" and nothing happen after this... when i first start the lan game the same problem apear as Sany post
Ok i cant really explain my Problem :cry:
Here is a Picture of it...the game doesnt start,the 1.2.3 version i could play without any Problems...
so can any one help me???

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lease cen some one help me??? i have this problem....
when i launch lan game , apear "this" and nothing happen after this... when i first start the lan game the same problem apear as Sany post

so can any one help me???
Well, if you're not even smart enough to read the posts in this thread before asking for help, I don't see how anybody here can help you...

Best answers
i know it can be by steam but i dont know whta now.. i have steam in pc but what now??? it even dont start do loadinf maps and other stuff...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know it can be by steam but i dont know whta now.. i have steam in pc but what now??? it even dont start do loadinf maps and other stuff...
I'm sorry, but what? I can't understand a single word you say...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Guys, please don't talk about things of how to play ESF with WON.

Click This Text. And you shall be brought to the F.A.Q.

Once you downloaded the Open Beta, do the following below:
What should I do with this ZIP file?
First, you need a program to open ZIP Files, Windows XP already has that standard. The file z7 format. so you need 7-zip to extract it (http://www.7-zip.org/). Once you opened the file, then all you have to do is to extract it to your half-life folder, example below:

/steam/steamapps/username/half-life/

Once you done that, simply restart Steam or boot steam up if not already done so and you'll see "Earth's Special Forces Open Beta" in the game list.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
skyrider, A simple question why has esf moved to be reliant on steam?
It kinda' hurts those that are actually honest with legit games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom