help for esf 1.3 open beta

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is free. And it sucks for changing $ to € in Europe (yes, I live in Europe).
Not my point. He said he using STEAM to play. Yet he does not own a half life. Meaning He CANT be using STEAM to play ESF.

Best answers
ok ok! what is this :( i cant play beta version, this is the Fatal Error i get "could not load library c:\program files\steam\steamapps\MySteamUserName\half-life\esf_openbeta\cl_openbeta\cl_dlls\client.dll" could anyone help me? Is it just me getting this error or some other people! If anyone could help me ill be checking this post!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something about that just looks horribly wrong.

The "cl_openbeta" part

Its not supposed to be there. Could be a faulty instalation. Can you doublecheck the directories in the esf_openbeta foulder. And if you have a cl_openbeta directory and a cl_dlls directory inside then move the cl_dlls directory into the esf_openbeta directory.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
go to your esf_openbeta directory and see if there is a foulder named cl_openbeta.

If there is then go into that foulder and see if there is one called cl_dlls

If thats how it is then cut the cl_dlls foulder and paste it into esf_openbeta directly. Meaning move it out of the cl_openbeta foulder.

Then again there is not supposed to be a cl_openbeta foulder in the first place. Hence why i said your error is weird.

Best answers
Ok i dont have cl_openbeta but i have a folder names cl_dlls, should i make cl_openbeta folder and put all stuff in it same that are in cl_dlls, and For ESF i cant join some servers says reliable channel overflow or something like that

Best answers
ok i played around with it! and it works!!! thanks for all the help! u rock! hopefully this thread helps someone else, but this is what i did, sence i dint have a cl_openbeta folder i made a new one in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\MySteamUserName\half-life\esf_openbeta, then i put cl_dlls in cl_openbeta foulder! (cl_dlls is a regular folder with things in it)

Best answers
no no the game works fine it just that i cant find any servers and i tryed to creat one and i couldnt join and for like Goku Picclo hero choses there were sniped smg stuff like that wich is for half-life 1 i think its from there but thats the problem.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no no the game works fine it just that i cant find any servers and i tryed to creat one and i couldnt join and for like Goku Picclo hero choses there were sniped smg stuff like that wich is for half-life 1 i think its from there but thats the problem.
There are literally no servers for the open beta due to its instability.

What resolution are you running at? I think I recall the character select screen not working properly at lower resolutions.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the open beta is less stable than a nuke

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are literally no servers for the open beta due to its instability.

What resolution are you running at? I think I recall the character select screen not working properly at lower resolutions.
It only works for resolutions of 1024x768 and abbove while using OpenGL mode to be exact.

the open beta is less stable than a nuke
Youd be surprised at how stable nukes really are.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, compared to Open Beta: Final.
No i really mean it. Weapons like that are made to only detonate when wanted. No accidents allowed. If a warhead would fall someplace, but it didnt have the detonation command issued to it. It wouldnt blow up.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
try not using bots..

bots make u quit the game..

it's an bug..

bots aren't being fixed in open beta..

bots will work @ final version..

you have to play the server without bots..

Best answers
ok.. well is your sceen 4;3 or 16:9.. widescreen.. or normall.. cuz if you widescreen you should not be using tha at all and open GL should work fine.. if your monitor goes unresponsive... i think your monitor can't support the res size.. or worse case scenario.. u needs a new graphics card.. or just reboot your compueter.. open it up again and see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom