Half life two (Sorry if its allready been suggested)

Best answers
Is it possible to make this compatable with HL2? Because i'm a HUGE fan of dragonball, and the other series, I just feel a little bad that i can't play this because i don't have Half Life

As it said in title sorry if its been suggested.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but ESF will live and die on HL 1

We wont move it to HL2

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because we don't want to.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything on source has more potential than HL1

But thats a chalange in itself. We brought HL1 way over its limits. And after we make the final release we will move to other projects and let ESF fall into histoy.

Basically would be to much work for a mod that we will just finish to a good playable version and then move on to other stuff ^^

Best answers
Twas just a question Dx

*sigh* oh well gunna have to wait,

Can you tell me what its like gameplay wise, like is it the saga's or just random battles between people?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You join a server, you select a character, you beat the crap out of the others in the server ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope it will be possible to create addons for ESF 1.3. That way ESF wouldn't fall in history too quickly. ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF kinda fell into history long ago. Atleast the ESF alot of people remember.

ESF 1.3 Is kinda the Grandson.

All Half-life 1 Mods are AMX and AMXX Compatible. Atleast all of the ones I have seen.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.3 currently has no compatibility. Or atleast very limited compatibility for AMXX ^^

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about the final release of ESF 1.3? Will the Metamod run with it w/o any crashes or server turn-offs?

I know that there's a Metamod version (not distributed one) which works with current ESF OB Final but I didn't manage to get it.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragon Ball Tournament aka Ultimate Mod - war For supremacy IS GONNA BE the addon for ESF 1.3...
You know not more than I do. That means you can't know if Metamod will work with final ESF release. Unless DBT wont use Metamod. Anyway, I'm not interested in DBT, I'm just wondering if it will be possible to create addons/plugins for ESF. I may consider creating a mod myself.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure it will be possible in the end. You'd really have to ask raven.

Best answers
10% finished dragonball source game.. they arent continuing on this game as far as i know, only wish someone would continue modding on it, i played the mod on a server with other people and it was great only with 10% of the game completed.

moddb.com/mods/dragonball-source

of course seeing as 10% is only done in this mod you get tired of it after a while probably, so im buying half life anthology in a few days so i can play esf with you guys ;) until then.

one more cool thing about dragonball on source engine is that it is alot more anime-ish than hl1, at least from what ive seen on youtube on esf, doesnt look much like anime :p but im looking forward to play it as vegeta

Last edited:
Best answers
that picture is obviously set up with a few effects and taken screenshot.. ive played efs and the maps are pretty much like hl1, where source differs.

EDIT: also its not about looking better than anime.. its about being as close as possible to the anime.
Also you have to agree that with sourceengine this mod would be alot better

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that picture is obviously set up with a few effects and taken screenshot.. ive played efs and the maps are pretty much like hl1, where source differs.

EDIT: also its not about looking better than anime.. its about being as close as possible to the anime.
Also you have to agree that with sourceengine this mod would be alot better
Jokes on you.

That picture is set up by an ingame screen shot.

nothing more, nothing less.

It's called ESF 1.3, and to be honest I think the Half Life 1 engine (Goldsrc) is way more suited for anime style. It's a tad bit more cartoony, where as Source is more realistic.

so even though Source is indeed better, GoldSrc is better for a cartoony look.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not gonna lie.

It makes me happy inside when people think that this is a source mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom