[Guide] How to play the Dragonball Online MMO!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Nemix:

Yes although in korean version it was way harder to get this one. In Taiwan is easier but in my case would be still impossible due to fact that my internet automatically disconnect each 24h. So I can't stay log on for 3-4 days non stop which is, from what I heard, required to get this dogi.

BTW according your screenshot you don't have Taiwan Language set in your Operating system. That's why you see squares instead taiwanese signs. Also some parts of mini map won't display becayse of this. Overall it's just better to try Applocale (little program created by Miscrosoft which set proper language without changing it in the system) or if it doesn't work do it manually.

Of course if you don't care about tawanese signs you can just ignore it but I wouldnt recomend that. Game is more dificult especially without these elements on minimap I mentioned earlier.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
I'll get Applocale but how do I use it?

Hmmm it didn't work.
At what level does your character grow up?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
It's at lv 30. But you might leave it at 29lv if you want to parcipate in Budokai for Juniors (kids).

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
From what I heard it's impossible. If you get 30lv+ you need to buy Reset Skill Book using real money in Cash Shop or Zenny in Auction House (I don't know the price in Taiwan version).

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But what does this "sikll reset" mean more specifically? You can rearrange your skills differently after the reset?
Anyway i have 2 issues so far:
1. The character hud and mini-map are ****ed up(can't see content).
2. The chat thing that is supposed to be bottom left i missing(it only appears when i click "whisper" from the friends list to someone; disappears after i write a msg.) and it's very difficult to use the chat. If i press "/" it opens the bottom right menu, not the chat.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jarek is it possible for you to take a screen shot of the map and Put markers on where the time travel quests are

A TENZO Press enter to use chat

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Tenzo:
I think all of it, atleast HUD & Mini Map issues, are because you don't have Taiwanese language set in your Operating System. I mentioned earlier, that you not only don't see taiwanese signs but some elements too. HUD & MiniMap stuff are part of them, that's why I set Korean lang in my computer. I thought Applocale will help but I guess it's stopped working.

AT DBOCOM forums they have some tutorials regarding it so I suggest take a look. And no there is no workaround for that. Either you will change your lang to Taiwanese or you will force to play in the way you play now.

Dark Raven:
Well you can use full map with map reavealers & teleporters at DBOCOM site. TMQ aren't marked sadly but they are easy to find. It's big ships with portal above them. If you will explore game more you will find them easly.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks everyone. I'll try some stuff in-game now.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Doesn't the language pack work without changing your language? It did for me for steam.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It means that in steam (and in games) every square blocks got translated in real chinese/japenese, etc symbols. Like people using chinese/japanese names in steam no longer shows up as squares. The same in team fortress 2. The only thing I had to do was to install the Japanese/Chinese language pack which didn't require any language changes on my windows.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll create one as soon as I get to lvl 30. I'm almost lvl 28, so it's going to be soon enough.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It means that in steam (and in games) every square blocks got translated in real chinese/japenese, etc symbols. Like people using chinese/japanese names in steam no longer shows up as squares. The same in team fortress 2. The only thing I had to do was to install the Japanese/Chinese language pack which didn't require any language changes on my windows.
Oh okey, so you just added the game into Steam? :D nifty, thanks for that protip.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Oh okey, so you just added the game into Steam? :D nifty, thanks for that protip.
I was more referring to the point that the language pack should work for everything. I merely gave steam as an example. But yea... adding the game as a non-steam game should work, heh.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was more referring to the point that the language pack should work for everything. I merely gave steam as an example. But yea... adding the game as a non-steam game should work, heh.
Pretty much anyone with XP Service Pack 1 and Up shouldn't have to worry about a language pack.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny thing about the language pack is that before I got my x64 Windows 7, on the x86 DBO's fonts worked without any additional settings.
After I installed the new one I had to set the Unicode language to Chinese.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Patching the game. See you in game guys! Also do both martial artists class Fighter and Swordsman use weapons? I mean Fighter uses Staff and Swordsman uses sword?

For some reason I tought Fighter would be bare hands all the way.

Ermm why I get C error while patching? Didnt apply english patch yet .... nvm fixed i think

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
So anyone solved Unicode language problem ? Because even if have Windows XP Service Pack 3 I still had to set it to Unicode Language to Korean. I don't think adding game to steam will help since in korean version you need to run game through official site. Only this way you can run launcher....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom