GTA : San Andreas

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abe Froman said:
You could do drive-bys in GTA3, and I would like a little more depth in my sequels than "kill-steal-drive".
yeah cause i totally remember going down the street picking up 3 other gang members climbing in a car and racing down the street as they shoot at all the people trying to stop us

and yeah i loved that part in vice city where u go break into someones house and steal all their stuff and go sell it for money

how about instead of going "oh yeah i read about it so i played it all the way through and know exactly how the game is" u actually go play it before dissing it

hey i guess u must hate all fps then because well there all just shooting people, well i guess that does mean u dont like platformers then because hey we all jumped on platforms before, an fighting games are pointless cause weve all beaten people up before, and you know sports games are a waste of time because all u do is score points, strategy games also must be a waste because all u do is plan and execute thoes strategies

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
W00T!
getting it tomorrow, any tips for me before ill start playing? :D

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh I dont know if this was stated.. But theres TWO PLAYER free-roam! woot!! my bro and I were doing it a lot and damn its fun! jack a motorcycle and drive around town blasting people and starting riots! woot!

Best answers
Vice City wasn't worth 50 dollars, that's for damn sure. I can't see where San Andreas would be worth it either. Of course I'd have to play it first, and I'm waiting for the PC version.
Bottom line is such; when Vice City came out everyone jerked off over that, said it was ten times better than GTA3, when it was basicly the same game. I'm not buying all this extra stuff to be worth 50 dollars. Virtual bike riding can't be that orgasmic. While the breaking into houses and stuff sounds interesting, I can see the whole thing getting old after a week or so just like Vice City.

And someone tell me Lazlo is in it, if he's not, I'm definatly not buying this game.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
Vice City wasn't worth 50 dollars, that's for damn sure. I can't see where San Andreas would be worth it either. Of course I'd have to play it first, and I'm waiting for the PC version.
Bottom line is such; when Vice City came out everyone jerked off over that, said it was ten times better than GTA3, when it was basicly the same game. I'm not buying all this extra stuff to be worth 50 dollars. Virtual bike riding can't be that orgasmic. While the breaking into houses and stuff sounds interesting, I can see the whole thing getting old after a week or so just like Vice City.

And someone tell me Lazlo is in it, if he's not, I'm definatly not buying this game.
I couldn't agree more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:

id agree vice city wasnt really any different than gta3

but san andreas is totally different theres so much more to do and see and the game is a whole lot longer

and its not just the new stuff they got rid of so many of the bugs and glitches and made the whole game alot smoother (what with the no loading times outside) and its just alot funner

and yeah lazlo is in it he gets a show on wctr

Best answers
Hibiki said:
yeah cause i totally remember going down the street picking up 3 other gang members climbing in a car and racing down the street as they shoot at all the people trying to stop us

and yeah i loved that part in vice city where u go break into someones house and steal all their stuff and go sell it for money

how about instead of going "oh yeah i read about it so i played it all the way through and know exactly how the game is" u actually go play it before dissing it

hey i guess u must hate all fps then because well there all just shooting people, well i guess that does mean u dont like platformers then because hey we all jumped on platforms before, an fighting games are pointless cause weve all beaten people up before, and you know sports games are a waste of time because all u do is score points, strategy games also must be a waste because all u do is plan and execute thoes strategies
Does any of this change the fact that the majority of the game is just imported scenarios from GTA 3 and Vice City? No. You are still just Nameless Thug, working your way up the ladder of organized crime for reasons a weak backstory barely justifies. I disliked Halo, Far Cry, Jedi Academy, Doom 3, ANY SPORTS GAME AFTER TECMO BOWL, the later Final Fantasy games, Splinter Cell single player(the multi-player was kick ass), for the same reason I disliked Vice City; none of those games did anything new, let alone entertaining.

Do I doubt San Andreas is fun? No. I doubt that it will be as fun as it could have been if Rockstar had put more depth into the game.

Please don't drag minigames into this either, I can go on forever on why I would rather play a real pool game or a real basketball game as opposed to a mini game in SA.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abe Froman said:
I can go on forever on why I would rather play a real pool game or a real basketball game as opposed to a mini game in SA.
but all u do is shoot the same balls and try to do the same things over and over again

there is nothing new

all games (be it video or otherwise) are unorginal and there concepts have been done before

if u hate video games so much then stop posting in here and arguing for no reason

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New stuff that makes this game amazing (imo)

Lowrider hydraulics (low-lows)
Dance battles
Shooting gastanks on moving cars
Customising character clothes and body (tats, muscles, hair)
Cycling and bunnyhopping over Rhino's (tanks)
Gangwars
Controlling and managing a gang
Being able to talk to people on the streets
Upgradable stats, it's like an RPG
Stealth and stealthkills
Driving off a mile-high mountain
Swimming
Earning (re)'spect
Car modification, hydraulics, amplifiers, turbo...
Akimbo Uzi's

There's probably more stuff I haven't discovered yet, it's still early days. Anyway, most of the stuff above isn't in Vice City so anyone who says they're too similar to be worthy of purchase is undeniably and unashamedly wrong.

[EDIT]:
any tips for me before ill start playing?
I recommend doing the taxi missions and the fire engine missions from the start, as you'll always have fast cars on hand and will be fireproof (good for missions). Also go to the gym and build up your muscle and stamina, and get some green clothing (gang colours.) Have fun!

Best answers
Ravendust, I can't see where your list is worth 50 dollars. Sorry.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends what you look for in a game, if you like any of the GTA's, you'll like it. It gives you so much freedom as to how you want to play the game, and it encorporates many different games into it. You can drive, shoot, swim, fly, buy, manage, change, walk, run, jump, climb and theres nowhere you can't go. If you like driving games then you'll enjoy the vast array of cars and the ability to modify them. If you like shooters then there's loads of guns and a new aiming system. And if that doesn't get your attention then there's a dildo you can use as a sword.

I think it might be easier if you list the things you look for in a game, as SA's only shortcoming is its graphics, and graphics do not make the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sa is gta3 x 10 in size + lots of new stuff - game crippling bugs

plain and simple if u liked gta 3 / vc then u will love gta:sa

Best answers
Hibiki said:
but all u do is shoot the same balls and try to do the same things over and over again

there is nothing new

all games (be it video or otherwise) are unorginal and there concepts have been done before

if u hate video games so much then stop posting in here and arguing for no reason
Yeah, but you also have more control over how the ball is shot, where your teammates are, etc. I think you are trying to compare Space Invaders to Ikaruga and somehow say they are the same game; same genre, COMPLETELY different gameplay.

Well, let's use your example; compare the SA basketball minigame and NBA Live 2K5. Now compare Vice City and San Andreas. Which is more alike? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Also, I can argue as long as you disagree with me, until you convince me I am wrong that is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abe Froman said:
Yeah, but you also have more control over how the ball is shot, where your teammates are, etc. I think you are trying to compare Space Invaders to Ikaruga and somehow say they are the same game; same genre, COMPLETELY different gameplay.
and i think ur just arguing because u can

this topic isnt "Why do you hate video games?" so if u hate it so much and do want to play it then stop spamming this topic and leave

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Using your example, SA and VC are more alike, but you're hardly going to buy SA for the basketball minigame are you? Now with these annually released sports games, all you get is a few minor tweaks and an updated player roster and apparently that justifies $50.

San Andreas is completley different, it has new characters, a new story and a massive new location. They added loads of new features, the player gets a lot more freedom. Right off the bat you'll notice the differences. Like Hibiki said, they worked out the bugs and glitches (should come as standard with any game release) and then added more content than you can shake a stick at.

It's biggest selling point is that its actually fun. It's totally non-linear, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. It creates a gigantic virtual world to wreak havoc in. With sports games, you're always going to follow the rules of the sport, and that's why San Andreas is so great, it has no rules.

Frankly I don't think $50 is that big a deal, it's not like you're buying a new computer, and considering the size of San Andreas, it's great value for money.

Best answers
Hibiki said:
and i think ur just arguing because u can

this topic isnt "Why do you hate video games?" so if u hate it so much and do want to play it then stop spamming this topic and leave
You're right, the topic isn't why I hate video games, yet you were the one to accuse me of hating video games.

Why should I agree with you? Nothing you said, and nothing I've experienced now that I have actually played the game has changed my mind. I find it hilarious that you are saying arguing on a forum is somehow wrong, that everyone has to have the same opinion(as long as it's the same as your opinion of course).

I expressed an opinion about a game, just like everyone else in the thread. You chose to disagree first so by your reasoning I could tell you to stop spamming the topic and leave too.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that post was completely off topic. Are you going to give yourself a warning? :rolleyes:

EDIT2: Did you actually read this Hibiki?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Abe Froman said:
I find it hilarious that you are saying arguing on a forum is somehow wrong, that everyone has to have the same opinion(as long as it's the same as your opinion of course).

I expressed an opinion about a game, just like everyone else in the thread. You chose to disagree first so by your reasoning I could tell you to stop spamming the topic and leave too.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that post was completely off topic. Are you going to give yourself a warning? :rolleyes:
this topic is not about arguing if u like or dislike gta:sa but u seem to think it is all about why u dont like it not every topic is a debate on why or why not

if u dont like it fine then say so but when u start picking fights for no reason other than "you dont like the fact that video games are repedtive" then we got issues

so yeah i guess if trying to stop people from going off topic and causing needless arguements then hell i guess im guilty for doing my job as a moderator

Best answers
Feel free to give your opinion on GTA: SA, just post it and either leave or keep talking about the game. Argueing about your opinion or others will just result in off topic and flame wars, which we dont need.

Anyways, I was wrong about the skydiving kicks alot of ass in GTA: SA. The opnly bad points I see in the game is the radar, too dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom