GTA San Andreas Paranormal Investigation....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey this thread is for San Andreas fans who hear rumours about the Easter Eggs in San Andreas, so far I know of four, one of which i've seen.

1. Bigfoot/Sasquatch

Where: Mount Chiliad
When: 18:00-06:00 or thereabouts, whenever it's dark and foggy.
What's supposed to happen: Bigfoot appears in the trees and fog and scares you off.
The official site says:

"It's crime free so why is it on crime report? Nobodies going to steal it."

I've seen some convincing pics but nothing in game. Lots of claims of sightings.

2. UFO's

Where: Any of the points on the map in Toreleno's Ranch on the third island.
When: Random
What's supposed to happen: You see a UFO (sometimes two) flying up in the sky, they can't be shot down.
The official site says: Nothing, too many locations.

I saw one flying over the desert, this one's real :yes: On the radio you might hear a newscast about people seeing 'strange lights over the desert'. This is it.

3. Leatherface/Pigsy

Where: The Panopticon's logging camp, Los Santos
When: 18:00-19:00
What's supposed to happen: You hear chuckling and a chainsaw revving, your gang members are killed off as they wander off screen, you're killed from behind, thus making it very hard to get a shot off, or a photo. Leatherface is the chainsaw weilding, mask wearing psycho from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Pigsy is from Manhunt, another game from Rockstar. Sightings are few in number, but apparently the gangmembers start shooting something and are killed off to the sounds of a chainsaw, people who have seen him claim he is wearing a soiled, bloody, white apron and a leather mask. He does not appear when you have the camera equipped or if you stand on the logs or shacks. You can also find a ditch full of logs which becomes a ditch of bodies, an empty shack that becomes a shack with meathooks hanging from the roof, a shovel that becomes a freshly dug grave and an area that spawns a chainsawed Glendale that cannot be repaired. You can also find Chainsaws here to use as weapons. On a nearby pier there's an abandoned wheelchair which is a symbol in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre film. As a point of interest, The Panopticon in real life is a maximum security prison with camera's covering every inch of the area. Panopticon means 'all seeing'.
What the official site says:

'We're sure some crime takes place here, only currently, we don't know what."

I've been there and found the carved up Glendale, you can drive it but not remove the gashes on the bonnet. Found the chainsaw, nothing else as of yet.

4. Nessie AKA The Lochness Monster

Where: In the water around Las Venturas and the marina.
When: Unknown
What's supposed to happen: While looking out to sea from the shore, you'll see a very faint outline of a long necked dinosaur thing in the water, switching to the camera causes it to dive underwater.

"People can learn to boat here, in other words, how to sit in a boat and let it float. Very difficult i'm sure." Thanks Rockstar...

I've seen nothing of this, but I haven't really been looking.

Any info, corrections, additional myths, pics, links, rumours, sightings, comments and so forth would be much appreciated. Please can the mods not close this just because there's another (unrelated) GTA: SA thread.

Happy Hunting!

Best answers
Where: The Panopticon's logging camp, Los Santos
When: 18:00-19:00
What's supposed to happen: You hear chuckling and a chainsaw revving, your gang members are killed off as they wander off screen, you're killed from behind, thus making it very hard to get a shot off, or a photo. Leatherface is the chainsaw weilding, mask wearing psycho from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Pigsy is from Manhunt, another game from Rockstar. Sightings are few in number, but apparently the gangmembers start shooting something and are killed off to the sounds of a chainsaw, people who have seen him claim he is wearing a soiled, bloody, white apron and a leather mask. He does not appear when you have the camera equipped or if you stand on the logs or shacks. You can also find a ditch full of logs which becomes a ditch of bodies, an empty shack that becomes a shack with meathooks hanging from the roof, a shovel that becomes a freshly dug grave and an area that spawns a chainsawed Glendale that cannot be repaired. You can also find Chainsaws here to use as weapons. On a nearby pier there's an abandoned wheelchair which is a symbol in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre film. As a point of interest, The Panopticon in real life is a maximum security prison with camera's covering every inch of the area. Panopticon means 'all seeing'.
:shocked: Jeez, that sounds damn scary. I've heard a bit about a "psycho killer" before, but I didn't hear about the evidence such as a chainsawed car. I think I'm going hunting for that in a minute. However, what do you mean by things changing? Like the ditch full of logs becoming bodies, when do they change?

The only weird thing that's happened to me, is that I was on mount chiliad, wandering around, and I just got shot at from nowhere :scared: There were no police onto me and when I looked around I couldn't see anyone doing it. Scared the hell out of me so I just parachuted off that damn thing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's like the random car spawning, you look at it, turn your back, walk off and then when you come back it's a new car of a different colour. Except that instead of a car it's a ditch full of corpses or whatever. Maybe it changes when Leatherface/Pigsy is about to get you, sort of like the film when a person discovers something like a mutilated corpse and then Leatherface comes up behind them and kills them.

I've only been twice, the first time came up with nothing, the second time was strange, my gang strength dropped indicating someone had been killed. I assumed they'd either been got by Leatherface or run over on the nearby road. There was no body on the road.

Best answers
Oh, and another question, where exactly is the Panopticon's logging camp? If you could mark it on a pic of the map that would be helpful. Same for any other sightings of strange events.

Edit: Found it :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Blue+Yellow - UFO hotspots
Red - Panopticon and Leatherface/Pigsy
Green - Bigfoot/Sasquatch
Teal - Wheelchair (Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Leatherface reference)

Here's the ingame maps of the UFO hotspots:

Toreleno's Ranch: By the entrance inside the ranch, each point is marked with a silver circle...almost like...a UFO.

Area 51 (69) : Inside a building, an office, same map:

Say if you find something :D

Retired
Best answers
as far as i know from looking at the game code only 2 of those have been confirmed.

big foot and ufo

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone on the GameFAQs board hex edited the pedestrian/npc stats and found the general 'pimp, hooker1' etc, with their likelyhood of fighting, running, attacking and so on. Anyway there was one called 'egein' with his % of attacking as 100%.

"Egein, what does that mean?" Well, it actually stands for Ed Gein, the real life chainsaw killer of Texas that the films are based off. And here's the freaky part...on a website dedicated to him I found this pic:

It looks like the shack and Glendale from San Andreas, just not as carved up with chainsaws. Scary no? He's out there.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
;) ,
you peeps gonna scare all peeps wheer didnt play GTA: SA ,to death.
Its like "X-Files" then for them when they read that,
Fox call Scully !,
but got finds where ya got there, i need to try them out tomorrow ,thx.
Keep it up. :yes:

Best answers
It looks like the shack and Glendale from San Andreas, just not as carved up with chainsaws. Scary no? He's out there.
Holy ****, I guess it's true then. Although I don't trust GameFAQ's so if someone here could look for the same thing I'd be more confident :laff:
I did have a look in the place you said for a while, but found nothing so far. But I guess it's not the kind of thing that happens often. Also, I got kinda freaked out while looking. It got to night time, and then it got foggy, then rainy. I kept thinking I saw people there but it turned out to be tree stumps and stuff :scared:
The power of suggestion eh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe it's true because of all the evidence, in no particular order...

1. Abandoned Wheelchair - symbolic of the wheelchair-bound Franklin in TTCM.
2. Chainsaw - also features heavily in TTCM.
3. Meathooks - Leatherface's house has meathooks hanging from the ceiling (TTCM)
4. Killer's house and carved up Glendale - In the final scene of TTCM, the woman escapes the house and leaves in a car similar to the Glendale, which gets chainsawed as it drives off. The house Ed Gein lived in and the car he drove were similar to this too.
5. You supposedly meet him in the woods - where two people lost their lives to Leatherface in TTCM
6. Mass grave of bodies - go figure
7. Panopticon - A prison where the most vicious murderers went to die.
8. Movie title in the nearby Angel Pine cinema - 'Chuffed to pieces'
9. TTCM References in other Rockstar material - In Vice City, Leatherface was a costume for Tommy to be used in conjunction with...you guessed it, the chainsaw. Another Rockstar game, Manhunt, features a similar character, showing the teams liking of TTCM. The website also states that a crime may have taken place there, possibly referencing the fact that, in TTCM, the police knew a crime had taken place in the forest, but they didn't know who was behind it.
10. 'egein' in the hex - Ed Gein, the chainsaw weilding psychopath. This proves he's somewhere in the game.

Either he exists and is very rare, or Rockstar are laughing at us from a satellite in space.

Best answers
Have you actually seen the meat hooks and ditches filled with body bags? I've been visiting Panopticon quite a bit tonight, but didn't see anything of the sort unfortunately :( When you list the evidence like that though, it seems quite likely. The bit about Panopticon being a prison I didn't know about. That place just has a weird feel to it too, maybe it's just the idea that leather face is there planted into my head, but still, it's a little odd imo.

I'll continue searching until I find him, or until someone confirms that it's not true.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
10. 'egein' in the hex - Ed Gein, the chainsaw weilding psychopath. This proves he's somewhere in the game.

Either he exists and is very rare, or Rockstar are laughing at us from a satellite in space.
Well, there's no egein entry in the hex, sorry to burst your bubble. However, I was just looking at the pedstats and...

SOMETHING is out there.

What a few of the stats mean.
0 Fear.
100 Temper.
0 Lawfulness.

Best answers
All you ppl that need cheats ive got some here if you liek use em :D

Weapon Cheats
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Wep cheat:
R1,R2,L1,R2,LEFT,DOWN,RIGHT,UP,LEFT,DOWN,RIGHT,UP

2nd Wep cheat:
R1,R2,L1,R2,LEFT,DOWN,RIGHT,UP,LEFT,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN

3rd Wep cheat:
R1,R2,L1,R2,LEFT,DOWN,RIGHT,UP,LEFT,DOWN,DOWN,LEFT

Character Cheats

Health + Armor + $250,000.00 (works on cars aswell) :
R1,R2,L1,X,LEFT,DOWN,RIGHT,UP,LEFT,DOWN,RIGHT,UP

Cop Lower wanted Level:
R1,R1,O,R2,UP,DOWN,UP,DOWN,UP,DOWN

Cop Higher wanted Level:
R1,R1,O,R2,LEFT,RIGHT,LEFT,RIGHT,LEFT,RIGHT

Well that is all i can remeber but they are the most important if you know any reply then :D

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread isn't about San Andreas in general or cheats for SA. Those aren't even hard to find. This is about the Myths of SA, such as Bigfoot, UFO's, and the Psycho/Chainsaw Maniac. Please stay on topic, or don't post.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well my bubble has been burst (I thought it was cool how the whole TTCM/Real Life/San Andreas Egein thing fit together) but at least the principle that there's something out there with those stats is still alive. That's the last time I trust the GameFAQ's unmoderated boards. o_O

I'm going to look through the disc as well to see if I can dig up anything, thanks Opty. :yes:

A couple of new myths and novelties:

5. The Shark:

Where: Out at sea away from the coast.
When: Whenever swimming I imagine
What's supposed to happen: You get swallowed by a shark, it all goes dark...Wasted.
What the official site says: Nothing :(

I haven't seen it, but it's easy to assume it exists as it's not particularly strange and swimming is relativley new. Could the shark and nessie be the same thing?

6. Novelty Weapons:
Where: Behind the Vinewood sign/In the police station showers/At the start of the San Fierro freeway.
When: Any time as long as you're in the right place.
What's supposed to happen: You find a pimp cane/dildo/bunch of flowers that can be used as a very powerful melee weapon.
What the official site says: Nothing, but I didn't expect them to.

Got them all, they occupy their own weapon slot so you can have a baton and a dildo if you should so wish. They're very powerful, the flowers are the best and kill with two hits.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
5. The Shark:

Where: Out at sea away from the coast.
When: Whenever swimming I imagine
What's supposed to happen: You get swallowed by a shark, it all goes dark...Wasted.
What the official site says: Nothing :(

I haven't seen it, but it's easy to assume it exists as it's not particularly strange and swimming is relativley new. Could the shark and nessie be the same thing?

There definately is a shark, does it eat you? I don't know, I havn't found one yet. Second point of interest. There's a submarine. But because it's in the objects data, I get the impression you can't drive it.

I think we should try to track down bigfoot in the hex, see if it's real.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see why he wouldnt be in there

why make bigfoot prints in the ground if hes not even in the game?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, if they're crafty, they may not store it as a plaintext string.

I'll hopefully be getting the game today, then I can assist in the search for all these myths. :p (/me has been busy lately)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom