Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, thats just messed up. Still, I think its outrageous that one can campaign against a single form of media, despite books, movies and TV shows regularly depicting violence against people all the time, even with mythologies that draw people into an imaginary reality....

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it sucks so bad, I can tell you we already had a petition against with with several hundred thousand signers, but the parliament is trying to get this trough before the petition is even reviewed...

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it sucks so bad, I can tell you we already had a petition against with with several hundred thousand signers, but the parliament is trying to get this trough before the petition is even reviewed...
wait if it goes through does that mean that you have to remove krillin from esf he is the only human on there xD

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
"where the main part is to realistically play the killing of people or other cruel or inhuman acts of violence against humans or manlike characters."

So anything humanoid in a videogame, which lets face it is totally impractical.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Somehow reading that made me remember the time Back in the days when they Banned the first 3 CDs with Cannibal Corpse in Germany :s Cause of the Artwork on the covers ^^

Germany enjoys smacking the Ban Hammer around in the name of Censorship

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
After the war, theyve moved onto memetic eugenics

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Those crazy Germans even tried to ban paintball -.-

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
And thousands of protesters took to the streets. Imagine if they try and ban Videogames

Force Pit Member
Best answers
And thousands of protesters took to the streets. Imagine if they try and ban Videogames
eeeh ... "Germany poised to ban all violent video games" They are kinda trying to do it:p

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
People have to understand that the people playing the games are the cause, not the games. If they bannish games, they might as well do the same for the violent movies and shows. If people don't know and can't see the difference between games and real life, they don't even deserve to use the computer, imo.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
HAHA You guys wont get postal 3! Hahahahaha.... Oh ****.... Germans make Postal! Does that mean it wont be made period?!

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it's retarted I mean you can't play Postal anymore how are we going to kill evryone when the zombie apocalipse strikes ???Just joking it's it's preaty bad for them , wait those that men Raven can't work on esf anymore because it's to violent

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it's retarted I mean you can't play Postal anymore how are we going to kill evryone when the zombie apocalipse strikes ???Just joking it's it's preaty bad for them , wait those that men Raven can't work on esf anymore because it's to violent
That means alot of Mods are going to die easily.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I got a prediction.

There is gonna be a huge black market in Germany if this law gets accepted, and enforced. There will be a black market for violent video games OR there is gonna be a LOT of piracy in the upcoming future of Germany. MUAHAHAHA

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a prediction.

There is gonna be a huge black market in Germany if this law gets accepted, and enforced. There will be a black market for violent video games OR there is gonna be a LOT of piracy in the upcoming future of Germany. MUAHAHAHA
Im thinking there is going to be a riot over this kinda stuff.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
My question is how they BEGIN to enforce that on the stuff people already own. Yeah, I'm sure the video-gestapo is going to go into every home and purge any cover with a gun and a man on it. The best they're going to do is block the connection to the IP's of certain game servers.

God, this is just so asinine...sometimes I wish there was a WMD we could launch that released a mushroom cloud of SENSE instead of radiation, or that gun in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that made people see things (temporarily) from your point of view.

Of course, that would have positive AND negative repercussions.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Even if it's passed, nothing to big will come of it. People will always find a way to get what they want, and much like the prohibition on alcohol back in the 20's, people will use such methods.

You know why Germany hates violence in it's movies and games so much? I swear they're afraid of the German Bloodlust or something. It's my own theory that if Germans are exposed to much violence, they go bat**** nuts. :p

Lol, nah, I dunno really. They've censored blood and gore for years...but this is just going to far. They're really being Nazis. Wow, so even if it's not the same form, Germany is back in the 1930's/1940's mindset with this kinda stuff.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I can see a lot of German immigration to America, now.

If any of you Germans want to go half on an apartment here... lemme know.

XD

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You know why Germany hates violence in it's movies and games so much? I swear they're afraid of the German Bloodlust or something. It's my own theory that if Germans are exposed to much violence, they go bat**** nuts. :p
Hitler obviously played Halo 3 for 18 hours a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom