General Naruto Discussion[No Spoilers]

Sound Artist
Best answers
I think the dub is horrible, honestly i think any dub is horrible. It's not in the language it was originally intended to be so everything seems off. They probably didn't use the japanese opening either because they sung in japanese or they were too cheap to buy the rights from the artists (

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just 2/3 more weeks huh? I know I won't be missing out on the Kakashi Gaiden.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
I think the dub is horrible, honestly i think any dub is horrible. It's not in the language it was originally intended to be so everything seems off. They probably didn't use the japanese opening either because they sung in japanese or they were too cheap to buy the rights from the artists (
"BELIEVE IT!" - I hate how they made that Naruto's catch phrase in the English verison.

Cold Steel said:
Just 2/3 more weeks huh? I know I won't be missing out on the Kakashi Gaiden.
They keep on adding fillers, right now there are currently (with the exception of tomorrows release) 3 more filler episodes, but as always that is subject to change.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
"BELIEVE IT!" - I hate how they made that Naruto's catch phrase in the English verison.
What's his catch phrase in the JAP version?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's "dattebayo." It doesn't really mean anything--it's just a way of ending sentences. Technically, the "ttebayo" is the ending--he has numerous replacements:

Wakattebayo! (I get it already!)
Ikuutebayo! (Here I go!)
(etc)

Most of the characters have some thing that they do. Konohamaru says "kore! constantly, Rock Lee talks very formally/politely, Sarutobi uses "ja" instead of "da" or "desu," etc--there are many examples.

cloud13

C
i literaly can't stand how they **** up animes by trying to bring them to audiences that they are not intended for, naruto is not a 10 year old anime. Its so ****ing stupid. I swear to god that if they **** up bleach as bad as naruto, heads are going to roll;( Nartuo belongs on atleast adult swim in its original format with atleast half decent dubing unlike the **** they are doing now. I wonder if these guys that make these animes even care how bad they **** them up.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guys who make them are rolling in money right now, so either way, I don't think they would care much.

cloud13

C
Yeh gotta love how people make money of completely destroying a good anime that COULD have been enjoyed by the majority of americans instead they stupified it so that 10 year olds beg their mom for everything that has to do with naruto and "BEILIEVE IT".

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naruto is a kids show, in the United States and in Japan, just like Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. In Japan they have less stricter content regulations than the United States. Plus the company that does the editing and hires the voice actors for the dubbing plays a big part in it. In this case, VIZ media is the one who is dubbing and editing the anime, and they usually make it more child friendly.

Look at Sailor Moon, the original version was much different than the one that was shown on Cartoon Network a while back (more violence, sexual themes, the works).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cloud13 said:
Yeh gotta love how people make money of completely destroying a good anime that COULD have been enjoyed by the majority of americans instead they stupified it so that 10 year olds beg their mom for everything that has to do with naruto and "BEILIEVE IT".
"Anime" is not intended for 10 year olds, 10 year olds arent old enough to appriciate anime, Ten year olds watch Teen Titans and Danny Phantom, which is not anime, people over 14 are usually the ones watching adult swim, or Naruto, or Bleach, ten year olds just don't understand anmie just yet.

"Anime" is a series, Justic Leauge can have 1 episode and the 1st episode has nothing to do with the second one, that's why it's not a series

But I do agree with you cloud13.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
"Anime" is not intended for 10 year olds, 10 year olds arent old enough to appriciate anime, Ten year olds watch Teen Titans and Danny Phantom, which is not anime, people over 14 are usually the ones watching adult swim, or Naruto, or Bleach, ten year olds just don't understand anmie just yet.

"Anime" is a series, Justic Leauge can have 1 episode and the 1st episode has nothing to do with the second one, that's why it's not a series

But I do agree with you cloud13.
Anime is just a fancy word for cartoon... Anime is not it's own genre. Any cartoon can fit into the category of Anime.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cloud13 said:
i literaly can't stand how they **** up animes by trying to bring them to audiences that they are not intended for, naruto is not a 10 year old anime. Its so ****ing stupid. I swear to god that if they **** up bleach as bad as naruto, heads are going to roll;( Nartuo belongs on atleast adult swim in its original format with atleast half decent dubing unlike the **** they are doing now. I wonder if these guys that make these animes even care how bad they **** them up.
MC said:
Naruto is a kids show, in the United States and in Japan, just like Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. In Japan they have less stricter content regulations than the United States. Plus the company that does the editing and hires the voice actors for the dubbing plays a big part in it. In this case, VIZ media is the one who is dubbing and editing the anime, and they usually make it more child friendly.

Look at Sailor Moon, the original version was much different than the one that was shown on Cartoon Network a while back (more violence, sexual themes, the works).
MC said:
Anime is just a fancy word for cartoon... Anime is not it's own genre. Any cartoon can fit into the category of Anime.
You're both right--dubbing companies usually do bring down the level of content children of equivalent age are used to. The difference is Japan--Naruto is a children's show, but Japan's children are used to more serious themes than American children are. (Or I should say, the US's FCC restricts what can be shown during the hours children watch).

But anime in general is more mature than American animation--anime are almost always based on manga, which have a consistent and building storyline, as opposed to the majority of American animation, which is episodic in nature and has no significant building storyline.

There are several "American" animes: The animated Spawn show HBO produced, as well as a few classic animated shows like "Gargoyles."

The difference lies in bias that the American culture suffers from: People see animation and they immediately think "it must be for kids." The same prejudice exists in Japan, but not nearly to the same degree. It's the norm for adults to read manga, and many still watch anime.

Best answers
the rock lee, v gaara fight is by far my favorite episode, none of this talk while in battle ****, first realll good battle.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think the fillers are going to stop anytime soon. This is the last episode Wikipedia has listed:

Today's Announcement! Best 5 Battles of sweat and tears

Judging by the title, we are going to have to sit through 5 battles which will probably span into 3-5 episodes each, so we are looking at 15-25 more episodes. That's just a rough estimate, but maybe this will be interesting, so hopefully they don't lag and drag the fights.

Best answers
Fillers, Are gonna end!!! Atleast according to anidb.info!!!
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=239
Look at the episode 203's title! It's called "The Third Secret World War"
And look at the cover page of Kakashi gaiden:

Look at the words i underlined...
It doesnt show up in wikipedias episode list yet. So it isn't totally confirmed.
But if AniDB lies, i'll, i'll...hit my myself in the face!

Best answers
Jariroth said:
Fillers, Are gonna end!!! Atleast according to anidb.info!!!
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=239
Look at the episode 203's title! It's called "The Third Secret World War"
And look at the cover page of Kakashi gaiden:

Look at the words i underlined...
It doesnt show up in wikipedias episode list yet. So it isn't totally confirmed.
But if AniDB lies, i'll, i'll...hit my myself in the face!
Jariroth ROCKS! AND KICKS A**! Nice find man. (Ya i dont read manga somehow..)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone watch today's special? It was pretty interesting. It showed the top five fights that people voted from the series and it had a special guest.

Also according to Wikipedia, there will be three episodes next week on Thurday. Unfortunately there is nothing about the Kakashi Gaiden special.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
202 got the fight episodes all wrong >_>

here's what i think the top 5 should have been

5. naruto vs neiji
4. orochimaru vs 3rd hokage (except the 5 episodes of them in one position)
3. kakashi vs zabuza bridge
2. rock lee vs gaara preliminary
1. naruto vs sasuke valley of end

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Don't know if you guys caught this but two teaser trailers for the new Naruto series have been released. You can find them here and here.

It appears that the new series starts on the 15th of Febuary.. Which would be pretty cool, neh? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom