Game balancing sugestion and adding new characters.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I have a small sugestion to balance out the character

since most of the characters have 2 forms, how about making the 3rd forum to take a longer time to get in that form here is an exemple

Vegeta that has only 2 forms SSJ 1 and SSJ 2(or whatever you wana call it)

this is like a Normal character let's say it starts at 700 000 Powerlevel , at 1 000 000 he will ascend giving only a little health boost and a little powerlevel bost like .5, and he will gain 1.500.000 PL. Since in the show they could easly go SSJ 1 after the first transformation it sould be the same the first trans sould last long like 10 sec, but after the first one allwase perfect trans.
Now Going for SSJ 2 you will need like 3.000.000 pl for only 1.000.000 powerlevel upgrade. And this is his final transformations.
But what about Goku
Let's say the same thing as Vegeta , but to get to SSJ 3 you will need 10.000.000 for extra health , speed ,and little powerlevel. Keeping the base power level close to the first form.

Why sould SSJ 3 be close to PL with reguler Goku it;s because of balace, SSJ 3 grants you more speed and health , and drains faster ki , but you got to think about the rest of the character , playing to gain more PL will take time but if a SSJ 2 Vegeta vs SSJ 2 Goku , they will fight till they get 10.000.000 goku goes SSJ 3 ,and vegeta still has a chanse because of the small diffrance of Power level.

One small Suggestion , Krillin and Piccolo are way to weak to be as a main character but this is just my opinion,so either remove them or just make them work as buddy with piccolo main.

Adding new characters.
Super Buu forms
adding his super buus form.
SuperBuu
Piccolo Buu
Gotenks Buu
GohanBuu

Other character could be Vegeta+Goku
first form Vegetto
Second SSJ Vegeta

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said in the other thread, the devs don't choose characters by their strength, but uniqueness of attacks and maybe forms (buddies, if no forms available).

SSJ form should have the same attributes for every Saiyan character.
Since Vegeta instead of SSJ2 goes Majin (SSJ2), this Majin form should be stronger than Goku's SSJ2.
It's heavily implied that when Gohan went SSJ2 for the first time, he not only multiplied his strength by 2 (x2 is an official multiplier for SSJ2, but it shouldn't have any importance in ESF), but also gained more strength from his rage boost, which Goku expected from him (instead of transforming). So Gohan's SSJ2 form could also be stronger than Goku's SSJ2.
Now Goku has SSJ3. It should be stronger than any SSJ2, but have disadvantages, like fast energy/stamina/whatever drain. Basically useful, but not overused.
This would totally balance things.

Now I completely disagree with removing Piccolo and Kuririn. Both of them have some nice techniques, unique to them. I wouldn't mind them being made as buddies, as they don't really have transformations.

Boo already has 4 forms: Fat, Pure Evil, Evil and Pure (or Fat, Evil, Super and Kid if going by fan terms). For Piccolo Boo, Boo should be in his Evil form and absorb Piccolo. Gotenks and Gohan forms aren't possible at all.
Vegetto, at least in the manga, only displayed two unique techniques: ki sword and invisible beam/blast (which destroyed Boo's head part, or so Boo thought at first), not sure if that's enough for him to get into the game. Oh, he also thrown a bunch of ki blasts with one hand. I doubt the barrier he used to avoid getting completely absorbed by Boo counts, as it probably isn't absorbing damage. Gah, nevermind. Vegetto is pretty unique.

Last edited:
Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I like the idea of allowing Buu to have the Piccolo form if he absorbs him in the Evil(Super) form. That would be pretty cool, but I would suggest that it only last for as long as he is alive and goes back to the standard Evil(Super) form when he dies.

As for Piccolo and Krillin...they are DBZ main characters, and should not be removed. I don't fully understand how the buddy system is supposed to work, but I think it would be good if they were separate because they are very different. If anything, I would understand if Krillin was matched with Yamcha or Tien as buddies, seeing as they are more similar.

I know it's a lot to ask, and have surely been suggested numerous times before, but I think it would be cool if:

-There was an option to play as either Teen Gohan or Adult Gohan, who could potentially have 4 forms (normal, SSJ, SSJ2, Mystic). This would also allow for a Gohan Buu form, like the Piccolo Buu form mentioned earlier. Also,

-I would love if Tien was added to the game. Although Tien is a weaker character, his Tri-Beam is very strong which would help to keep him competitive with stronger characters, much like how Krillin's Destructo Disc does.

Thoughts?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew Tien wasn't possible...I was just thinking out loud. It is nice to see that there was at least an effort made to implement him, even though it sadly failed.
It failed multiple times even. Including the time when Kama and DT were lending a hand to the people making it with tips and hints.

The problem isnt really the character as much as it is the man power.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If esf is aiming for fast gameplay then the transformations shouldn't take more than 5 sec. Especially the 1st transformation (SSJ or SuperNamek).
I'd say ssj should be instant transform. Because most of the characters are made from Cell to Buu saga. Vegeta looks like the Vegeta from the Buu saga and Goku too. Dunno if Gohan is gonna be teen but most people prefer teen Gohan because he's kinda cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom