Freeze After Connecting Successfully - Help Plz

Best answers
Alright I did what you said, ghost, then I booted up esf, and it appeared to work (YES!!!), then, every few seconds it started to freeze for 10-60 seconds, unfreeze for about 5-10 seconds, and freeze again, resulting in a horrible cycle, which would not stop.
I tried joining several servers with the same conclusion. I then proceeded to close ESF, which made my comp crash, so after it restarted, I booted up ESF again, and it came out with the original problem.;( ;/ :S :( :cry: !!!!!

Best answers
LoL, you are cursed my friend. Oh yeah, i can't remember if somone already said this and im too lazy to check it out but...Make sure your video card is in place and that it is CLEAN and the fan isnt clogged with dust.

Best answers
Akcsfreak said:
LoL, you are cursed my friend. Oh yeah, i can't remember if somone already said this and im too lazy to check it out but...Make sure your video card is in place and that it is CLEAN and the fan isnt clogged with dust.
If that was the case, wouldn't that prevent me from playing any of my other mods? (All of them work, except ESF)

Best answers
Party Boy said:
If that was the case, wouldn't that prevent me from playing any of my other mods? (All of them work, except ESF)
omg, now you still us! Don't you think you should of told us before that other mods work?

It must be something to do with ESF then. Have you tried un-installing esf then installing it again?

Best answers
Detonator said:
omg, now you still us! Don't you think you should of told us before that other mods work?
Well, I stated HL worked fine,
Party Boy said:
Damn...well, normal half-life works fine. I originally thought it was 'cuz of my fps, but my fps is fine (55). It used to be highed before I deleted my hard drive, so I'm thinking of change my config files to boost it, but I dunno if it'll help.:(
but I didn't say that sven coop worked fine as well. I haven't installed any other mods on that computer either, as all of them work fine on this one, as they don't seem to require as high performance to play well with them.
Detonator said:
It must be something to do with ESF then. Have you tried un-installing esf then installing it again?
well...
Party Boy said:
:("I tried re-installing approximately 4 times":(
I re-installed twice after that, one after I downloaded from gamershell, which turned out to be a corrupted file, and once from fileplanet, which didn't fix the problem either.

God damn, I hate this problem..;/

Edit (11-12-03):

Zzz..1004 views, still no fix to my problem. This really sux..:\

Best answers
hey, i think your freeze problem has something to do with the sound in the game. my game does the same thing, but its usually when two sounds collide. like if i knock a guy to the ground and then immediately try to fire a beam at him, it might freeze and the sound jumps. sometimes i can play for bout 30mins and nothing happens tho. so hav no idea how to solve it...sorry, hope the insight may help. gluk

Best answers
kenroid said:
hey, i think your freeze problem has something to do with the sound in the game. my game does the same thing, but its usually when two sounds collide. like if i knock a guy to the ground and then immediately try to fire a beam at him, it might freeze and the sound jumps. sometimes i can play for bout 30mins and nothing happens tho. so hav no idea how to solve it...sorry, hope the insight may help. gluk
That COULD be the problem, as each time it freezes, it replays about 1 seconds worth of sound over..and over...and...over..:tired:
Anyway, it also froze when I created a game, and was just floating in mid-air without doing anything, nor using turbo or powering up.

(w00t for this thread not dying:D)

Best answers
Party Boy said:
I think ESF uses a bit more of the systems resources then most of the other mods. Thats why software cant handle it.

Best answers
Ok ..... i got a clue whats wrong ....

It has certainly got something to do with your graphics card ....

( After reading all those posts i see )

Your computer is fine but something has been deleted in your graphics card ...

A good place to get a file for fixing it is at http://www.nvidia.com

When there go to '' Download Drivers ''

See if you have any of the graphics cards there

If not then go to support .... and search around ......

If Nvidia is not your graphics card then go to your cards homepage*

and search around

............................................................................................................

Second option : Something might have been deleted in windows ... like once

i deleted some file .... that made it so i couldnt go to into the start menu and

recycle bin ( Man my dad got pissed off :shocked: )

So a good option would to reinstall windows .....

( By the way the first version of Windows 98 has problems running some games )

............................................................................................................

Third Option : There is a HUGE chance that it is a virus .... because this is the

kind of thing viruses do ... disable programs :S

So get a good virus program .... and look for viruses .....

Fourth option : Have you tried running the game in '' Safe mode '' ?

This is possible as ive tried it ..... just very slow

You say you installed without the mp3 files ....

This worked for me BUT .... you have to remove EVERYTHING to do with Esf

before you reinstall ----- else the folder will be corrupt ......

Finally if it does not work

Add me to your msn or email me at... [email protected] ...

Cant think of any more reasons ... GOOD LUCK ;)

Best answers
Problem solved thanx 2 a buddy of mine. Requesting this thread to be closed.:)

Best answers
Detonator said:
How did you solve it?
Changed my screen size in-game from like...uh...the 640 one to the 1056 one.(I think those are the numbers) And for some reason that solved the problem. I had a smaller screen size bfore, so i dunno. Repeating my previous request:

My problem is solved. Requesting this thread to be closed please.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom