Freeze After Connecting Successfully - Help Plz

Best answers
I boot up ESF, see the server list, join OR create a game, connect successfully, then, once I get to the character selection screen, a few seconds after my game and comp completely freezes, causing me to have to reboot.

Anyone have any ideas?

Respond quickly please! I really wanna get back to playing, and this problem really sux!!!:angry:

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them all.

Best answers
11 views and 0 replies...:cry: I really need help with this...:(

(sorry for double posting, but I really want help...)

EDIT: Up to 23 views...:(

Best answers
tried updating your drivers for your vid card and directx ?

and have you tried reinstalling

Best answers
I tried re-installing approximately 4 times, and updating my drivers isn't the problem, because ESF worked fine before I deleted my hard drive a few weeks ago. Any more ideas?:( (BTW, thanks for trying...)

Best answers
you could try to reinstall ESF and/or HL.
*edit* sry, read your post to late :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like ur video card cant handel esf/hl

Best answers
Hibiki said:
sounds like ur video card cant handel esf/hl

Ehm...

and updating my drivers isn't the problem, because ESF worked fine before I deleted my hard drive a few weeks ago.

Anyway, are you running any other programs on the background? Like kazaa for example, or any other program that takes a big amount of resources of your comp. That might be causing the crash. What are your system specs? (I'm having random crashes as well, but that was because of the bots version 3.0, something in that program was causing it, since it happened right after I installed it, and didn't do that before. But I reinstalled, and now it works fine) Anyway that aside, tell us your system specs, it helps judging on a solution =)

Best answers
Ok hold on I'll go get my system specs..

Btw, finally ppl are replying! Thank you!;D

EDIT:

System: Microsoft Windows 98
Second Edition

Computer: AuthenticAMD
AMD Athlon Processor
256 MB RAM
1000 Mhz

EDIT:

Is it possible to find out my Video Card/Sound Card etc. from the system itself? If so, where do I go to find out??

EDIT:

And no, I'm not running any other programs in the background.

Best answers
Ok, 102 views...Can someone respond again plz? Still can't get it 2 work..

(P.S. Don't flame me for double posting again plz, I just really don't want this thread to die:(...and ty for not flaming me the 1st time as well:))

Best answers
my friend had this problem... do u have the latest hl
(which u dont because of reinstall) try installing that,
dl link:http: //www.planethalflife.com/half-life/files/
copy and paste that. and hope it works.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look party boy, quit double posting NOW!

Just because you are anxious doesn't mean you get to break the rules...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude your ram sux big time that kinds of explains it but then again NO to check what video card you have go to DISPLAY then go to SETTINGS then click on ADVANCED then ADAPTER on the tabs then look on "ADAPTER INFORMATION" WALA!!!!! you better have a good video card or that will be the cause.

Best answers
Miroku said:
look party boy, quit double posting NOW!

Just because you are anxious doesn't mean you get to break the rules...
Sorry, just really didn't want this thread to die, and I guess it worked, since I got 3 new posts. Thanks.;D

Oh and thx Veget-err Galst Vic for telling me how to find that stuff out.

Ok my new info says:

Features: DirectDraw 1.00
Software Version: 4.0
Refresh Rate: 60 Hz (should I change this to Optimal??)
Memory: 32 MB
System Processor: AMD Athlon with 3D Now!
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 or better
Video RAM Type: DDR SGRAM
Video RAM Size: 32 Megabytes

Hope this info helps you find out how to fix my problem.:]

Reply soon plz! ^.^

Best answers
i had a problem like that but it was the mp3 player(dunno y thogh)
and a soon as i had chosen my person i would her the music start then it just locked up i just killed the mp3 (remove music from it to fix

Best answers
Well, I tried turning it off as soon as I joined, and it still crashed a few seconds later. Also, sometimes, when I first charge up, it crashes, and sometimes when someone swoops at me, it also crashes. All within the first few seconds of the game.:(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does this also happen with playing offline with bots? (well not really offline XD)
if that works, its probly something with ur internet

offtopic: W00t 450 posts XD :devsmile:

Best answers
Hey,don't think he has engaged software mode,hey,wait,try puting new sprites,models,sounds.Sometimes this happened to me,u know???U must make it non repeating anythin after doed.Btw,Plugins can make this,u know?*off-topic*Goodie...what a stupid name...U could choose 1 better,brother,hey,stop using my IP adress,OK?Just because we are brothers that doesn't mean that u must using my IP,and my comp,u have urs!!!!!!!*off-topic*

Best answers
MyStIc~ShAdOw said:
does this also happen with playing offline with bots? (well not really offline XD)
if that works, its probly something with ur internet
I just tried LAN, and same thing happened. I flew around for a few seconds, teleported a bit, and everything was running smoothly. Then a second later, when I was just floating, it froze.:(

Goodie said:
HM,listen,urs mode is software in game,right???
No, I always have it in Open GL mode now. I tried software after it started crashing, and it still crashed. I also tried DirectX, and it crashed as well.:(

Viki@killer said:
Hey,don't think he has engaged software mode,hey,wait,try puting new sprites,models,sounds.Sometimes this happened to me,u know???U must make it non repeating anythin after doed.Btw,Plugins can make this,u know?
Sorry, I can't understand what you're saying. Can you try to say it more...clearly?=(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom