✔️ HL Verified
- Jul 16, 2010
- Best answers
They did removed D3D out of half life 1.
Try -nofboi used ur fixes to run esf the stuffs with beta beta and shit clean reinstall and shit i install nnk in common/halflife in ingame i can select map but then after load is finsihed its flickering!!!
ASTYLE said:I had a few users message me about Counter-Strike 1.6 settings after the new updates Valve has implemented so I'll try to explain some of the new commands here and how to make CS as close to how it used to be as possible.
I'm not sure what exactly some of the commands do, so if someone sees this and knows what they do/where to find that information, let me know and I will update the post accordingly.
• rate "100000" (new maximum 100000)
• cl_updaterate "102" (new maximum 102)
• fps_max "100" (caps it at 100.5 but feels smoother than 99.5; some users suggested CS calculated FPS wrong now)
• hud_fastswitch "2" (same as 1 used to be)
• m_customaccel "0" (not sure what exactly; i set them all to 0 because i don't use any software acceleration)
• m_customaccel_exponent "0"
• m_customaccel_max "0"
• m_customaccel_scale "0"
• m_rawinput "1" (raw input; replaces rinput which was an external software)
• cl_mousegrab "0" (not sure what exactly it does)
• gl_vsync "0" (turns off vertical sync)
• gl_ansio "0" (turns off anisotrophic filtering)
• -nofbo (makes rendering similar to how it used to be and removes anti-aliasing)
• -nomsaa (only removes anti-aliasing; not needed if you use -nofbo)
• -noforcemparms (if not used, windows will uncheck "enhanced pointer precision every time you load CS)
• -freq X (sets your refresh rate; command was brought back)
• -stretchaspect removes blackbars so you can use a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution in widescreen
• Video tab: uncheck "Enable HD models" to get rid of CS:CZ player models
• Video tab: "Low video quality" sets 16 bit colors
It's also worth pointing out that the other noforce commands no longer function (as far as I know) so you will have to (and should) use m_rawinput 1 if you wish to get rid of acceleration.
If you want to use software acceleration, you have to play around with those values to get them corrected.
Finally, if you play CS 1.6 on a laptop that uses NVIDIA Optimus technology (basically it means switching between an onboard Intel video card and an NVIDIA card), you will likely have to do the following to avoid huge FPS drops:
"cs is no longer recognized as a game so it's being run on the onboard video card and your fps sucks as a result.
"you need to add hl.exe as a game in nvidia control panel's program settings, and change the preferred gfx processor to nvidia. if like for me, it's blocked, you need to use nvidia inspector (http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/93516335/file.html) to fix it.
"after adding hl.exe, load up nvidia inspector and click on the driver settings button in the middle of the program, next to your driver version.
"find half life from the drop down menu, scroll down to "enable application optimus option" and set it to "SHIM_RENDERING_MODE_ENABLE" and click apply settings.
"open up nvidia control panel again (you have to close it or it will stay greyed out), change it to nvidia, click apply. for me this reverted the setting and made it greyed out again, but once i re-did the fix on nvidia inspector, it stayed as nvidia and my fps issues were fixed."
Hope that helps those who still want to frag in Counter-Strike 1.6 and haven't been able to figure out the proper settings to use.