First ESF Open Beta.

What will become of ESF now that it goes open beta?

• Total voters
Best answers
P3, it should be able. Processors don't matter anymore. Its the RAM >_>. Far out, it causes bad FPS and such.
Arthos, was that a spam post >_<

-GuZzie

Discord Member
Best answers
Man dont be dillusional........If you have 10 GB of ram and 400 Mghz
The ram wouldnt do a s***
every part in a computer is equaly important ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
P3, it should be able. Processors don't matter anymore. Its the RAM >_>. Far out, it causes bad FPS and such.
Arthos, was that a spam post >_<

-GuZzie
Incorrect. There are a lots of factors to consider about a system to see how it performs, not just having the most memory alone. He could have a horrid gfx card or using onboard video that is pulling out horrible framerates on a older system for all we know, not to mention cpu bottlenecks. However, having said that the current release runs fine on a older P3 933mhz boxen of mine, provided I use a decent gfx card and not some crappy onboard gfx or pci gfx card. I'm yet to see how performance of 1.3 is like on a older box, but it's a hl1 mod, so it shouldn't be to much of a problem. Usually I'd get around 30-50fps on that machine using a geforce2 GTS with 1.2.

I look forward to the first open beta release :). This will also allow the community to give feedback on what will eventually be a final release.

Best answers
It isn't a choice in which whether or not they download it and whether or not it is a seperate entity than 1.2.3...I am a beta tester before the release....I KNOW how that process is. What i am saying is that people think that these releases will allow them to play the game NORMALLY. Some people don't understand what testing a game REALLY means. Because of that, i feel that a good portion of people will download it constantly and get frustrated and stop playing all together...now...the community is small AS IS...i doubt wanting to get rid of a few more people will help. In all honesty i don't think it should be released and there is a simple way to make sure it isn't hacked which i brought to attention

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If these people think they can play this game normally, then we just need to tell them it is for beta testing:

THIS IS A BETA, THIS MEANS IT IS FULL OF BUGS AND IS MEANT FOR TESTING
If you wish to play this game without any bugs, you should wait untill the official 1.3 gets released.

Put that on a website, and in the readme. Problem solved. People still whining? Than that is their own problem.

Best answers
I used to play ESF a long time ago then kinda stopped, but now i have something to come back for and im looking forward to testing 1.3.
Thanks to the whole ESF team.

Best answers
Hey Sicron...ESF BETA 1.2.3

it is still a beta but people play the game for the game...it is still full of bugs and people will play that for the game purposes... The testing with a bunch of people MAY find more bugs yes...but i honestly think that the level of which MOST esf players are at...won't give that much BENEFICIAL feedback compared to the loads of repeatative complaints that will constantly be addressed.

Retired
Best answers
keep your arguments to yourself. everyone is going to have there own opinion on this matter and do your best to live with that and not argue over petty things

Best answers
Unless you failed to read the post it is whether or not the releasing the beta is a good or bad idea...

These aren't petty they are topics that arise in this situation. The point of it is a discussion now if you have nothing further to say to aid to this topic i would suggest you practice what you preach and leave opinion to yourself then.

My opinion still stands that opening the beta up is a BAD idea

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can see why it might not benefit the team as much as one would hope, but I don't see how this could hurt the team. They were losing public support due to the lack of major updates and the amount of time 1.3 has taken thus far, but the open beta basically brought the community back to early 1.2.

People are both excited and nervous about what they'll see in 1.3, and that's understandable. If people decide to help out, awesome. If they choose not to, at least they're playing the game and not buys plotting against the team. In any case, there will be more "testers" than there have ever been before. I know ZR is going to test, Akatsuki is going to test, and that right there is a ****load of members with a lot of experience.

Personally, I think this was a very smart decision when you look at what's been happening over the course of the last year.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well a small number of intelegent opinions anyway. Not much to be gained from ADD IN SSJ312094! and whatever.
That's so last friday, people now ask for zorro and naruto to be added.

Best answers
man i can't wait for this new version
sooo cool, congrats ESF Forum^^
lol hey one question!
can i download the open beta now? or just later?
thanks

Best answers
i'd like it for the beta to open, it would be a nice pre-announcement

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gonney said:
man i can't wait for this new version
sooo cool, congrats ESF Forum^^
lol hey one question!
can i download the open beta now? or just later?
thanks
You can download it later, assumedly when they put a link for it on the website.

I can see how the open beta could get irritating for forum staff who have to answer the same questions over and over, but from a PR standpoint it'll definitely help ESF. And then of course the older or more mature community members will actually be helping to test the game and make helpful suggestions, instead of just playing and complaining.

Best answers
hey can someone tell me exacly when the open beta will be able to play?

thx

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd like it for the beta to open, it would be a nice pre-announcement
K I'll see what I can do..

Hey look the beta is going to be open! And there was even an announcment!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a bad feeling that a lot of those... mentally diminutive people might download the beta thinking it's the full release and start spamming about how terrible it was all over the forum.

I'd say make a sticky about it, but I'm sure they'll be ignored anyway. I wonder how much chaos will occur...?

*grabs the popcorn and cola*

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a bad feeling that a lot of those... mentally diminutive people might download the beta thinking it's the full release and start spamming about how terrible it was all over the forum.

I'd say make a sticky about it, but I'm sure they'll be ignored anyway. I wonder how much chaos will occur...?

*grabs the popcorn and cola*

Thats gona happen either way.

People expect everything to be finished as soon as it starts and that WIP means nothing more than adding one finished feature after another.

But when they see reality they start *****ing about why isnt it dreamland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom