First ESF Open Beta.

What will become of ESF now that it goes open beta?

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seeing as how bored I am, and this new forum just opened up, let me start the first discussion :p. I think this is one of the very few mods that actually have an Open Beta of a...Beta of a game....yeah....

Anyway, what do you think will change with the open beta, I'm not talking gameplay wise, but more about what kind of an effect will this open beta have over the game/community. Will this open beta actually improve the game, or with in result in a total failure and tear the whole community apart?

I personally think that this open beta will do ESF good. We have more inside view of the actual game and can comment/crit/suggest on developments quicker resulting in a better game. On the other hand, a lot of new people will come in and annoy us

"OMG THIS GAMEZOR!11 IT FTRIGGUN STINKZZ, ALL TEZE BUGGERS R ANOJING! WHY RELIEZE THIS KRP G4ME?!!111one1!!1"

You get the point :p

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im kinda glad its open beta now. Its alot easier to spot bugs when you have so many people playing it.

As long as people report the bugs, the 1.3 release should be pretty clean.

Best answers
Im kinda glad its open beta now. Its alot easier to spot bugs when you have so many people playing it.

As long as people report the bugs, the 1.3 release should be pretty clean.
Kyou
ef
Tee
Wtf is that? ~TwisteR

Not only that, all the new systems will bring a rather interesting game into play, making far more interesting than most of the games for HL I've played.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad ESF went open Beta, it's like the community is going to take part of the 1.3 development.

Gonna be fun to toy around with cool custom features =3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad ESF went open Beta, it's like the community is going to take part of the 1.3 development.

Gonna be fun to toy around with cool custom features =3

going to be fun to redo the whole compiling of my frieza ._.

since many things will be new ....I stopped my frieza project for now till the beta is open.

Thanks Esf team, thankfull choice!

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...from what I heard as long as you have the same animations and in the same order it should be fine to use what you have now, if thats what you meant.

I wont have to rerig the my Vegetto too, just going to have to add a few animations, maybe take out some as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm dunno... as i remember darktooth said something like every model has a costume skeleton... dunno about the attachments.... though....

.....damn lol i need to take a piece of your mind sv, xD i dont think like i should

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The mod will definately benefit from a large spark of opinions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The mod will definately benefit from a large spark of opinions.
Well a small number of intelegent opinions anyway. Not much to be gained from ADD IN SSJ312094! and whatever.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lozl, I picked the first option because I was kidding, but after looking at who else chose it I kinda wish I hadn't.

Hooray for a Democratic Republic!

Best answers
Best thing that ever happened. This Open Beta has brought back so many people back to the community. They should stay till 1.3 is released, then everything will be good :)

-GuZzie

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll be better in the long run, though I can see a lot of people being "wtf?" at first since it's gonna be quite buggy.

Best answers
Honestly i think it is a terrible thing...It will actually cause others to stop caring since they will have to update often and won't bother to do it or will be fed up with the beta testing. The point of beta isn't just for playing it is to test out the designs of the game. For some reason i don't beleive that most people here wanting the open beta are going to do that and will just play it to play it with high hopes and be disappointed later on when it isn't up to "Par" for them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well no one is forcing anyone to play the game. If you want to wait till its done you can. Not a thing stopping you.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly i think it is a terrible thing...It will actually cause others to stop caring since they will have to update often and won't bother to do it or will be fed up with the beta testing. The point of beta isn't just for playing it is to test out the designs of the game. For some reason i don't beleive that most people here wanting the open beta are going to do that and will just play it to play it with high hopes and be disappointed later on when it isn't up to "Par" for them
What Hibiki said.

The open beta thing is a side thing. It is totally separate from the 1.2.3 release. In other words you'll have both installed at the same time. And YOU choose which to play.

Best answers
What Hibiki said.

The open beta thing is a side thing. It is totally separate from the 1.2.3 release. In other words you'll have both installed at the same time. And YOU choose which to play.
lol, I hope a PC with PIII can handle this ESF1.3, if not that would be not good.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, I hope a PC with PIII can handle this ESF1.3, if not that would be not good.
LOL. It's a Half-Life mod for god sake. If your system can't handle it, you seriously need a new system. Holy bajesus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom