First ESF Open Beta.

What will become of ESF now that it goes open beta?

• Total voters
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, I hope a PC with PIII can handle this ESF1.3, if not that would be not good.
hey I have a P2 whit 350 and ESF 1.2.3 still work's for me so I don't see why sould work for you since 1.3 will not be that difrent from 1.2.3 in requierments,and I still say 1.3 OPEN beta will RULLE

Best answers
hey I have a P2 whit 350 and ESF 1.2.3 still work's for me so I don't see why sould work for you since 1.3 will not be that difrent from 1.2.3 in requierments,and I still say 1.3 OPEN beta will RULLE
Err, Since HL was designed for PI with 166, so ESF 1.2.3 would work fine. But if they designed ESF1.3 using HL2 engine, then maybe i'll have to give up playing ESF1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF will never be designed for HL2 or any other engine for that matter. Half Life's specs are:

Minimum System Requirements
System: Pentium-133 or equivalent
RAM: 24 MB
Video Memory: 2 MB
Hard Drive Space: 400 MB

Recommended System Requirements
System: Pentium-166 or equivalent
RAM: 32 MB
So, your best bet would be to have a system just a little bit more powerful. Seeing as mods usually push the limits of the engine than the game itself does.

Best answers
I gotta say, this is one hell of a cool idea.

1) Keeps the community interested, so it doesn't die.

2) I don't claim to be an expert on coding, but I believe most of the coding problems involve finding and dealing with bugs. With a swarm of beta testers to help out, ESF 1.3 will probably be released a LOT sooner.

Honestly, bug exploitation does not bother me too much. The ESF team has stated that releases will be once every couple weeks...so by the time an OMGWTFGAMERUINING exploit is found and is spread around so that many people know about it, it will (hopefully) be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom