FFVII vs FFX!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ff7 sucks. theres a skinny white boy with a big sword. wow, hes so cool /sarcasm

ff8 had a good story, good graphics, good gameplay mechanics

ff10 was better than ff7. ff10 had good graphics, lots of fun original stuff to do with your free time aside from the game. bosses were challenging, puzzles were quite difficult if you had no idea what to do. i liked the aeon system in ffx. ff7... wow you cast a spell and this dude comes, so original

Best answers
Wow, that was deep...

90% of Final Fantasies revolve around "a skinny white boy", FFX included. The drawback of FFX is that the "skinny white boy" has a tiny sword. FFVII ftw.

FFVIII had a good story. FFVIII had impressive graphics. FFVIII had HORRIBLE gameplay mechanics. It was so ridiculously easy to exploit both the junction and the limit breaks that it was almost pointless to play. Cast aura, watch Squall dismember everything with Lionheart. Press triangle. Wash, rinse, repeat. Boring.

FFX? Puzzles? What puzzles? The temples? I'd hate to break it to you but ramming spheres into fairly obvious holes hardly qualifies as a puzzle; it's called wasting your time. A puzzle is supposed to make you say "Ooooh, I see" when you figure it out, not "why the hell are they making me do this?"

Both games had original stuff to do, and both had challenging bosses. As for the Aeon system, I never used it (unless the game made me). They were a pain in the ass to call up for normal battles and they are genuinely useless in a boss battle (unless you want them to take an instant deathblow). FFVII's summons weren't anything original, but at least they did their job...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Unit said:
FFVIII had a good story. FFVIII had impressive graphics. FFVIII had HORRIBLE gameplay mechanics. It was so ridiculously easy to exploit both the junction and the limit breaks that it was almost pointless to play. Cast aura, watch Squall dismember everything with Lionheart. Press triangle. Wash, rinse, repeat. Boring.
I completely agree. Worst battle system ever.

Half-Unit said:
FFX? Puzzles? What puzzles? The temples? I'd hate to break it to you but ramming spheres into fairly obvious holes hardly qualifies as a puzzle; it's called wasting your time. A puzzle is supposed to make you say "Ooooh, I see" when you figure it out, not "why the hell are they making me do this?"
Well, its like the guy above you said, the puzzles were pretty hard to figure out if you didn't know what to do (Probably the most annoying one at first was the the Macalania Temple). The other Temples were easy though, the only temple that really offered a real challenge in its puzzle was the Macalania Temple I think... Cause if I remember correctly you had to do alot of running back and forward.

Then again, even though its not considered a puzzle it was also kind of annoying trying to go through the Sealed door in the Baaj Temple (To get Anima), because if you screwed up you had to go allll the way back to the previous temple and figure out which treasure chest it is that your missing.

Also, Final Fantasy VII had alot of things that would have made you say "Why the hell are they making me do this?", Useless stuff like around the beginning of the Game when you head back to the reactor and Tina & Barret are in your team. To open one of the doors so you can go through it, Tina, Barret and Cloud had to hit the "Console" at the same time to open the stupid door.

Half-Unit said:
Both games had original stuff to do, and both had challenging bosses. As for the Aeon system, I never used it (unless the game made me). They were a pain in the ass to call up for normal battles and they are genuinely useless in a boss battle (unless you want them to take an instant deathblow). FFVII's summons weren't anything original, but at least they did their job...
Well, its more challenging than having your aeons attack and leave till you run out of MP. It was something new, and the Aeons in FFX were not useless if you bothered to strengthen Yuna. The Stronger you made Yuna the stronger you make her Aeons. And if I remember correctly having Bahamut or Valefor cast Haste on themselves while fighting one of those monsters in the monster arena is pretty deadly.

And their more useful than your characters when they can end up taking massive amount of damage, many enemies in FFX have attacks that can wipe out your team but your Summons are immune to many status ailments (except curse).

Not to mention you can have your Summons learn spells. Shiva and Valefor are the best summons when they have their stats really high.

I'd have Valefor go up against Nes Slug, and Nes Slug wouldn't get to attack me for like 10-15 turns while I kept dealing 99999 Damage to him.

The only Monster that I cant defeat in the Monster Arena is Shinryu, he Counters like a mofo, and no matter how strong my characters are he can wipe them out by using Eraser.

Best answers
Yeah, Macalania was probably the most annoying. Keyword is annoying, not puzzling. Especially when the column's reset switch right in the middle of the exit... so if you accidentally press it, you have to do the whole thing over again.... :S

FFVII had it's "WTF!?" miscues: that door you mentioned, the CPR thing, the squatting contest... that's all I can think of. But their's a difference. FFX's "Cloister of Trials" was meant to be a puzzle and was made a big deal of in the game ("The cloister of trials lies within. Are you ... prepared? cause omg, it's like, sooo hard!!11 youre so tottally gonna be in there for dayz!1! DAYZ!!!!! i saw a dude die of extreme stupidity in there once1 true story.)
...The stupid things in FFVII aren't disguised as puzzles, they're just stupid things, and they really weren't a big thing in the game. (it's Tifa, btw)

The Aeons. I don't think it's more challenging at all. It's somewhat more strategic, but let's not confuse that with difficulty. Notice how you said "The only Monster that I cant defeat in the Monster Arena is Shinryu". Why? Because you can only use Titus, Rikku, and Wakka underwater (no Yuna=no summon). So if the only monster you can't defeat is one where you can't use Aeons, how can you say the Aeon system makes the game more challenging? It doesn't. (Stoneproof and auto-phoenix are you friends; Shinyu doesn't counter if only one person is alive.)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
if i remember right shivas temple was ***.

i liked ff8...

it was cool being able to bind your creatures or whatever to your character, and i liked being able to bind abilities to your armor and attack, so you can attack with ice, but absorb fire damage

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Unit said:
The Aeons. I don't think it's more challenging at all. It's somewhat more strategic, but let's not confuse that with difficulty. Notice how you said "The only Monster that I cant defeat in the Monster Arena is Shinryu". Why? Because you can only use Titus, Rikku, and Wakka underwater (no Yuna=no summon). So if the only monster you can't defeat is one where you can't use Aeons, how can you say the Aeon system makes the game more challenging? It doesn't. (Stoneproof and auto-phoenix are you friends; Shinyu doesn't counter if only one person is alive.)
About that last part, I know you cant use aeons, I strayed from the subject while I was getting into the Monsters in the Monster Arena :p

EDIT: By the way, I remember giving Stoneproof to one of my characters items and using it once to see if that would work, however Eraser was able to go through that. I only attempted it the last time I played, I probably screwed up on the item I equipped my character w/ though. By the time I unlocked all those damn monsters I didn't even fight many of them, though I remember Th'uban and NES Slug giving me trouble from the start. And that one monster you get before Nemesis wasn't hard either, it just took long to kill him.

Anyway, yah.

Best answers
But still, the point was made.

Stoneproof don't work? Use Wakka, alone. He's gotta be strong, fast, and have attack reels. That's probably the only way to beat the thing.

Hey, I like FFVIII too. In fact, it's the only PSX FF I bought (still beat VII and IX), but you'd have to be a complete moron to not see it's obvious flaws. Regardless of the idiots that say it was too complicated, the junction system was a great idea, it was just horribly executed. A limit on the quantity of magic you could draw early in the game would've fixed this. And the limit break system was so damned easy to abuse that it's a wonder it was even implemented into the game. They should've used ye ole' limit bar of FFVII or just make it to where you can't use it twice in a battle. Besides these two MAJOR flaws, the game's fine.

Best answers
Final Fantasy 7 is the best game I've ever played. I finished the game over 7 times and I had close to a perfect save. The story itself is far beyond any final fantasy 10 garbage. The thing which sucked the most with ff10 is that it lacked the "envoriment" and had voiceacting. It just sucked so bad, even thought I played around it. It's barely ever comparable to the geniosity of FF7. I can't wait for the ps3 remake ;p. Final Fantasy 6 and 7 are the legendary games.

Best answers
final fantasy 10 sucked, the story wasnt as good as the other, and the game was to damn easy, its not fun for me to be able to kill the final boss in 3-4 hits, doing 99,999 damage, ff7 had a lot more depth, the graphics were awesome back in its time, the characters in ff7 are more rememberable than ffx, jeeze i dont even remember half the people in ffx, i can go on all day listing reasons why ff7 was the better game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh toast, toast, toast, your giving the great yu yevon too much credit my friend.

the final boss can be beaten in 2 hits. cast zombie, and use a phoenix down... (bye bye bye...)

not to mention, all your characters have auto-auto-auto-auto-life, so they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever die...

ZOMG TEH CHOLLINGE!

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I enjoyed FF7 tremendously. It was one of the few games I've logged over 70 hours of gametime in. FF10 is a steaming pile of ****, just like FF8 was. FF9 wasn't garbage, it was just mediocre. FF10-2 is abominably, abysmally bad.

FF7 had revolutionary graphics for the time, a masterful soundtrack, a compelling and interesting story, insanely likable characters, and a fun combat system.

FF10's graphics were good, but not extraordinary for the time, the soundtrack was recycled garbage, and the plot was equally bad. As I said in the other thread, FF10 is about "A jackass jock hero whose father is a time-travelling space monster named Sin." The characters are not nearly as likable as FF7's, ESPECIALLY the main character--Does Tidus have anything on Cloud? No. Does Wakka have anything on Barrett? NO. Yuna on Aeris? No! Riiku on Yufie or Tifa? NO! The only remotely likable characters from FF10 were Auron, and arguably Lulu.

FF10 was formulaic compared to it's predecessors, while FF7 was a complete and utter jump from what FF6 was. FF10 had stupid gimmicks for fighting, like switching out of battle constantly. The "Sphere Grid" felt like grinding rather than discovering power along the way.

I maintain that Square or the 'Square' part of 'Square Enix' hasn't made a good game since 1997.

FF6 and FF7 are looked upon as gaming masterpieces. FFX isn't in the same league. Neither is 8, 9, or 10-2.

Well Said.....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
the ff7 remake is something about cerberus, and its for the ps2, not ps3.

not talking about the tech demo, i saw another thing on gamespot.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bboy_Budokai said:
the ff7 remake is something about cerberus, and its for the ps2, not ps3.

not talking about the tech demo, i saw another thing on gamespot.

its not a remake, its a sequal. and it looks very DMC-esque. playing as vincent as the main character.

and its called Dirge of Cerberus.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
oh toast, toast, toast, your giving the great yu yevon too much credit my friend.

the final boss can be beaten in 2 hits. cast zombie, and use a phoenix down... (bye bye bye...)

not to mention, all your characters have auto-auto-auto-auto-life, so they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever die...

ZOMG TEH CHOLLINGE!
Thats because the true boss of the game wasn't Yevon or the summons. It was there as a part of the plot, to finish what you had to finish.

Its kinda like that part that FFVII has you do after defeating Sephiroth and then your Cloud is automatically given his Limit Break as Sephiroth just stands there in front of Cloud.

I thought anyone would've know that.

If you rushed through the game or went at a regular paste you would find that many bosses around the end are hard to beat (Lady Yunalesca and Jecht took me like a try or two to defeat before I got used to see their attack patterns).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom